Iexplorer does not open for general Users

Old January 12th 08, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Castiltex

Default Iexplorer does not open for general Users

Any user but the Administrator can not get IE7 to open. A Windows error
comes up saying, "iexplorer has stopped working". It give two options, 1)
CHECK ON-LINE (duh) OR 2) CLOSE THE PROGRAM.

I have tried the recommendations to turn off ADD-ONs, but no help ( all were
turned off). I suspect that this only affects the ADMINs setup, since you
can't open any USERs IE7.

When you open as a user, right click and select open as Administrator, it
says that iexplorer is an "Unidentified Publisher".

IE7 has been working for months, till Thur 1/10/08. If I can't get this
fixed, its back to XP!
--
Charlie
Old January 12th 08, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
werefrog

I had same problem with both XP and Vista. The problem is some add on, in my
case it was a PW Program.
Both work just fine when you load IE without add ons. If the problem stops,
then you will know it is a Ad don causing a conflick.
To start IE without "Add ons" copy the path below, go to
START,,,,RUN,,,,,and paste the command listed below and press enter:

I can guarantee your problem will be solved. Of couse if you want to ope IE
with Add ons you will have to load each Add on one at a time and see which
one is the problem.

Old January 12th 08, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Click Start type Internet Options open it select the 'Advanced' tab
under 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' click 'Reset'.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

Old January 12th 08, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Heh, you could have easily told the OP to simply go to Start All Programs
Accessories System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

Old January 12th 08, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dwarf

Hi Castiltex,

What security software are you using? It sounds as though the firewall is
blocking the connection. You need to check the settings in your firewall
configuration page. Check that 'iexplore.exe' and 'WinMail.exe' are set to
'Always Allow' instead of 'Auto' (or the equivalent, depending on your
firewall).
Dwarf

Old January 12th 08, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
uvbogden

This could be an Ownership, Permission or Sharing issue.

Take Ownership/Permissions/Sharing
Even running as Administrator may leave you without permissions to modify
some files or folders, even ones that you have just downloaded and installed.
To access or modify (copy, delete, rename) files or folders you can take
Ownership of (in your Username) and grant yourself Full Control permissions
of the files or folders in question described in the following tutorial.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html

To allow other users to use applications like IE7, grant appropriate
permissions to and check to Share the program folders with the other users.
You might want to do this for the Program Files folder, all subfolders and
files, then all applications under that folder would have the proper
Ownership and Permissions you set.

Old January 13th 08, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Castiltex

Thanks. but no change. I get the same error that iexplorer.exe has stopped
working and Windows can check online for a solution. I turned Add-ons off
also from the control panel and no help. It still works for the Admin, but
not for others.
--
Charlie

Old January 13th 08, 02:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Castiltex

I have Norton 2008. From another blog I read a suggestion of similar issues
to swap the Firewalls with Windows. I did this (turn Norton off; activated
Windows Firewall) & no help.

I checked the settings & iexplorer is on the exception list with the box
checked.

Thanks.
--
Charlie

Old January 13th 08, 02:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Castiltex

I take that back. I tried the reset feature again & it sorta worked. It
opens once. After you close it & re-open, it goes back to the error window,
"iexplorer.exe has stopped working . . .".

a small step!
--
Charlie

"Castiltex" wrote: