Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Running DOS Games under Vista

Old January 13th 08, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Wogerwabby

Default Running DOS Games under Vista

I have tried to no avail t install and run AAAAANY of my older DOS based (and
full screen) games that usd to run under XP and earlier. s there a
workaround for this or am I stuck having to run these on an older machine??
Old January 13th 08, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
mikeyq6

Have you tried using 'DosBOX' (http://www.dosbox.com/)? Alternatively,
if you have Vista Business, then you can download the free Microsoft
Virtual PC and use it to install your old version of Windows XP.

--
mikeyq6
Old January 13th 08, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Dan Lingman

=?Utf-8?B?V29nZXJ3YWJieQ==?=
wrote in :

I have tried to no avail t install and run AAAAANY of my older DOS
based (and full screen) games that usd to run under XP and earlier. s
there a workaround for this or am I stuck having to run these on an
older machine??

Install virtual PC (free) from Microsoft.
Install Dos, or win 95/98/xp into virtual PC. (You'll need your
media/license key for that)
Install your fullscreen dos games and go nuts.

Dan.
Old January 14th 08, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
techie007[_6_]

Wogerwabby;572275 Wrote:
I have tried to no avail t install and run AAAAANY of my older DOS based
(and
full screen)

Check out DOSBox, it's a DOS emulator, that was made for playing old
DOS games under Windows (and a bunch of other OS's as well). Works
great for me under Vista Ult. 32-bit.

'DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS' (http://www.dosbox.com)

--
techie007
Old January 14th 08, 09:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Wogerwabby wrote:
I have tried to no avail t install and run AAAAANY of my older DOS based (and
full screen) games that usd to run under XP and earlier. s there a
workaround for this or am I stuck having to run these on an older machine??

DOSBox!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.13
Old January 14th 08, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Wogerwabby

"mikeyq6" wrote:

Have you tried using 'DosBOX' (http://www.dosbox.com/)? Alternatively,
if you have Vista Business, then you can download the free Microsoft
Virtual PC and use it to install your old version of Windows XP.

--
mikeyq6

Mike,
I have just tried DosBox and for some reason it won't allow me to enter the
colon or foreward slash to input the drive parameters. I guess I must have
an odd keyboard to not map right. It is a Microsoft IntelliSense wireless
keyboard and mouse setup. I even tried an older HP keyboard to no avail. It
was a nice advice on the Virtual PC, but unfortunately I am using the Premium
Home version of Vista and it is not supported. Any other ideas? Thanks for
helping so far.
Randy
Old January 14th 08, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Wogerwabby

"Dan Lingman" wrote:

=?Utf-8?B?V29nZXJ3YWJieQ==?=

Old January 15th 08, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Man-wai Chang ToDie

I have just tried DosBox and for some reason it won't allow me to enter the
colon or foreward slash to input the drive parameters. I guess I must have

Are you talking "\" or "/"? DOS uses "\" to specify folder. Linux uses "/".

an odd keyboard to not map right. It is a Microsoft IntelliSense wireless
keyboard and mouse setup. I even tried an older HP keyboard to no avail.
Any other ideas? Thanks for helping so far.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.13
^ ^ 11:37:01 up 4 days 18:50 0 users load average: 1.00 1.03 1.00
? ? (CSSA):