Vista Banter

-   -   adding a hard drive (http://www.vistabanter.com/99067-adding-hard-drive.html)

Pud January 15th 08 12:09 PM

adding a hard drive

i amd currently trying to add a slave hard drive but for some strange reason
vista isn't reading i have one even though in device manager it says there is
one can someone help me out on this problem.......... also when i start my
computer up it says that i have 2 hard drives one a master and the other a
slave..............

Malke January 15th 08 12:18 PM

adding a hard drive

pud wrote:
i amd currently trying to add a slave hard drive but for some strange reason
vista isn't reading i have one even though in device manager it says there is
one can someone help me out on this problem.......... also when i start my
computer up it says that i have 2 hard drives one a master and the other a
slave..............

Did you remember to partition and format the drive? If not, you need to
do this. You can do it from within Administrative ToolsComputer
ManagementDisk Management if it appears there. If it doesn't appear in
that part of Vista, partition and format it with either a utility from
the drive mftr. or even a Win98 boot disk using fdisk and then format.

If this doesn't apply to your situation, please post back with more details.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com