Epson stylus DX7000F and Vista?

Old January 15th 08, 08:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
valleyofghosts

Default Epson stylus DX7000F and Vista?

Recently updated to Vista. My printer had new cartridges installed when i was
running XP but now after installing new printer driver and software from
epson site for my model of printer the ink cartridges show empty. I have
taken them out and put them back in again !! still showing empty! any clues /
help appreciated...thanks
Old January 15th 08, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

In article ,
Valleyofghosts wrote:

Epson stylus DX7000F

No sign of that on the Epson website but Google tells me it's a UK
model?

Did you download and install the Epson software and drivers for VISTA
or just rely on what may be in VISTA?

If the latter, unplug the USB cable from the PC end and then clean up
by deleting any printer etc icons for the DX7000F in Control Panel /
Printers and in Fax & Scan (that is not in the VISTA Home editions) and
Uninstall any Epson software related to it that is in Control Panel /
Remove Programs.

Reboot the computer and then download the Epson software and drivers
from:

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pro...e.aspx?lng=en-
GB&data=lkuCfcvA9cxeY7ftWz0kULy7oSklkU002FqqCqrKma pNguQU003D&tc=6#7

Download (Save) these (Do not Run or Install from the website) files to
a place on your hard drive where you can find them again -- I have a
folder called Internet Downloads I made for this.

Definitely download the first three but I suggest all 4.

I would install the printer driver first, then the scanner, then the
EasyPrint and then the EasyPhotoprint if you don't have some other
photo/imaging software.

This is what I have found is important:

To install, locate the downloaded file and right mouse click on it and
select Run as Administrator and then OK your way out. That should
install it as if you were a top level administrator on your system (no,
just because VISTA tells you that you are an Administrator/User doesn't
give you as much power) and seems to work better.

DO NOT PLUG THE USB CABLE INTO THE PC UNTIL THE INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
TELLS YOU TO OR YOU REACH [Finish]. Then plug it in and VISTA should
install the printer using the Epson VISTA driver and not whatever they
put in VISTA when that was frozen for release.

Get the Printer working then repeat this for the Scanner and then for
the other software.

Hope that helps -- ask if you need more help.