Device Drivers for SATA/RAID Controllers

Old January 16th 08, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lifgard

Default Device Drivers for SATA/RAID Controllers

I built a new system and it seems to be running well.

I allowed Windows Update to download new SATA/RAID drivers after initial
Vista installation when it was going through all the Hotfixes and Window
updates.

Now, Vista attempts to reinstall the Nvidia device drivers for the SATA and
RAID Controllers after every reboot. The RAID install finishes and asks to
reboot now or later. The SATA gets stuck at Pending. I select reboot later
and use my computer w/out problem. It seems to be recognizing my RAID 0
array.

How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks.
--
AMD 6400+
Asus M2N-Deluxe
Old January 17th 08, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David B.[_4_]

First, never install driver updates from Windows update, always get them
from the hardware mfg's website. I would try reinstalling the drivers from
your motherboard driver disk.

--

----

Old January 17th 08, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lifgard

Yeah...I got sucked up into the big initial download after Vista
installation.

Should I delete them first or go ahead and reinstall directly from the disk?

Thanks.
--
AMD 6400+
Asus M2N-Deluxe