Vista Banter

-   -   External Monitor Disables Screen Saver and Power Plan (http://www.vistabanter.com/99647-external-monitor-disables-screen-saver-power-plan.html)

bigvee_nh[_2_] January 17th 08 10:08 PM

External Monitor Disables Screen Saver and Power Plan

I have replaced an HP Pavilion notebook running XP Pro with a new HP Pavilion
notebook running Vista Ultimate. I had been using an external Acer LCD
monitor with the old notebook. With the new notebook and Vista, the external
monitor seems to disable both the screen saver and the power plan settings.
The display simply stays on indefinitely. On a couple of rare occasions I was
able to get it working correctly, but it does not last. I would like the
external dispaly to sleep at the appropriate times as set in the power plan.
This problem did not exist with the XP Pro notebook.
--
bigvee_nh

[email protected] February 5th 08 09:05 PM

External Monitor Disables Screen Saver and Power Plan

On Jan 17, 4:08 pm, bigvee_nh
wrote:
I have replaced an HP Pavilion notebook running XP Pro with a new HP Pavilion
notebook running Vista Ultimate. I had been using an external Acer LCD
monitor with the old notebook. With the new notebook and Vista, the external
monitor seems to disable both the screen saver and the power plan settings.
The display simply stays on indefinitely. On a couple of rare occasions I was
able to get it working correctly, but it does not last. I would like the
external dispaly to sleep at the appropriate times as set in the power plan.
This problem did not exist with the XP Pro notebook.
--
bigvee_nh

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?
TNJules