Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

Old January 19th 09, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Default Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state

"defrag1720" wrote in message

Well I found out it has nothing to do with Vista. I am using Windows 7
now and the Mouse still does not connect after sleep state. It could be
a Microsoft thing that's in both Vista and Win 7.

--
defrag1720

I have a MC Bluetooth mouse on my Vista 32 bit HP SP1 system and I normally
use it to wake up my system from sleep mode.

Old January 19th 09, 01:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
defrag1720[_7_]

Curious;943557 Wrote:
"defrag1720" wrote in message

Well I found out it has nothing to do with Vista. I am using Windows

7
now and the Mouse still does not connect after sleep state. It could

be
a Microsoft thing that's in both Vista and Win 7.

--
defrag1720

I have a MC Bluetooth mouse on my Vista 32 bit HP SP1 system and I
normally
use it to wake up my system from sleep mode.

Well guess it must be this Dell and the bluetooth gear they installed
in it.

--
defrag1720
Old January 19th 09, 02:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Curious;943557 Wrote:
"defrag1720" wrote in message

Well I found out it has nothing to do with Vista. I am using Windows
7
now and the Mouse still does not connect after sleep state. It could
be
a Microsoft thing that's in both Vista and Win 7.

--
defrag1720

I have a MC Bluetooth mouse on my Vista 32 bit HP SP1 system and I
normally
use it to wake up my system from sleep mode.

Well guess it must be this Dell and the bluetooth gear they installed
in it.

--
defrag1720

My post should have said MS Bluetooth mouse and not a MC Bluetooth mouse.
My MS Bluetooth mouse works only with the USB Bluetooth dongle that came
with it AFAIK since my desktop dos not have built in Bluetooth support.
My son and daughters laptops with built in Bluetooth work fine fine with
Logitech Bluetooth mice.

Old January 19th 09, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

Be sure all the bluetooth devices shown in Device Manager have the latest
drivers. Also check any power mgmt settings that may affect the bluetooth
hardware.

"pscobee" wrote in message

I have the same issues, but have traced it down further....

When I put vista in sleep and then wakeup, the bluetooth device looses
all bluetooth connections.

put it back to sleep and then wake and all is returned to normal. but
of course two rounds of sleep/wake is annoying...

when it doesn't work, you can go to control panel (bluetooth icon
disappears from the toolbar) and try and add or change settings, but you
get a bluetooth device error.

of course, sleep/wake cycle again and all is normal.

Common to many types of laptops, must either be Vista, Microsoft
Bluetooth stack or some combo?

--
pscobee

Old January 19th 09, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JerryF

I think you are right.
I have a MS 5000 bluetooth mouse and have no trouble
with Vista Premium and the mouse working on wakeup from
either sleep or hibernation. My netbook uses a Broadcom
blue tooth chipset. See if you can track down which
chipset is used in your Dell, and find newer drivers.

In article b6a712a0bc7cd07dd55fd5841fa14538@nntp-
gateway.com, says...

Old December 28th 09, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Russell Hunt

Default bluetooth mouse not working after sleep

The only thing that I have found helpful with this problem it to put a shortcut to the device manager on the desktop and use the finger pad to open it then go down to the mouse device driver which has a "!" by it and disable and then enable the mouse. Works a lot faster than putting the computer back to sleep or rebooting. It has worked everytime for me. I am using Windows 7 but I had the same problem with Vista. Hope this helps. Microsoft has so many patchs that update - my question is "Microsoft - why can't you figure this out and write a patch to fix the problem instead of pretending there isn't a problem?"

roge wrote:

Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state
18-Jan-08

I have a very annoying problem with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse
Explorer for Bluetooth. When after putting my computer in sleep mode the
bluetooth mouse does not reconnect.

The only thing I can do is pull the batteries out of the mouse and put them
back in and only then it decides to reconnect.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with the latest 64-bit MS
Wireless IntelliMouse drivers.

When logging onto the computer after completely shutting down the computer
(not sleep mode) the mouse reconnects just fine.

On Friday, January 18, 2008 1:32 AM
roge wrote:

Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state
I have a very annoying problem with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse
Explorer for Bluetooth. When after putting my computer in sleep mode the
bluetooth mouse does not reconnect.

The only thing I can do is pull the batteries out of the mouse and put them
back in and only then it decides to reconnect.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with the latest 64-bit MS
Wireless IntelliMouse drivers.

When logging onto the computer after completely shutting down the computer
(not sleep mode) the mouse reconnects just fine.

On Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:05 PM
CS wrote:

I have the same issue on my new Dell XPS M1330 with Vista OS.
I have the same issue on my new Dell XPS M1330 with Vista OS. Bought the
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 and installation went smoothly, but
when waking the laptop after hibernation, the mouse does not re-connect.

The first time, the device did not show up in Bluetooth Devices so going
through the install process again worked. Now the mouse shows up, but still
will not connect. I've turned off the mouse and gone through the install
process; Device Manager says the mouse is working and connected, but it
doesn't work.

"roger" wrote:

On Friday, January 25, 2008 5:40 PM
Norman wrote:

Similar problem using Vista Ultimate on an Acer 7720 laptop with MS's
Similar problem using Vista Ultimate on an Acer 7720 laptop with MS's
Bluetooth 5000 mouse. Connection of device was lost after a "sleep mode"
shut off. On re-start laptop had a low battery charge and Bluetooth device
could not be found. Pulling out and re-inserting mouse batteries was
required in order for OS to find the device and restore connection. Was
laptop's low battery charge a known factor?

TIA,

Norman

"roger" wrote in message

On Friday, January 25, 2008 7:25 PM
roge wrote:

The batteries in my mouse are brand new.
The batteries in my mouse are brand new. Also, I have the Bluetooth
receiver connected to the onboard USB port so having some flakey USB hub is
not the issue either.

It's a shame because Vista's sleep mode is extremely fast and convenient.
Beats having to cold boot into the operating system every time.

I guess pulling the mouse batteries out and then putting them back in every
time the computer comes out of sleep mode is an inconvience we'll just have
to live with for the time being. :-(

"Norman" wrote:

On Saturday, February 09, 2008 11:44 PM
defrag1720 wrote:

I have a Dell 1720 that is three weeks old and have had bluetooth
I have a Dell 1720 that is three weeks old and have had bluetooth mouse
problems since day one. I have been in daily contact (they call me) with
Dell support since last Wednesday. They have tried numerous things and
the problem is getting better. It will only kick out now once every 3 or
4 turn offs. It is coming out of sleep mode ok about 95% of the time. It
seems the problem is mostly centered on how Vista handles the radio card
when waking or getting turned on. I had read something about this on
Microsoft support and they had a patch (uncertifed) but it did not
help.
Frag

--
defrag1720

On Friday, May 02, 2008 10:49 AM
samwardill wrote:

I have the same problem with a USB mouse. Any solutions?
I have the same problem with a USB mouse. Any solutions?

--
samwardill
samwardill's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48006
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=895161

http://forums.techarena.in

On Thursday, June 05, 2008 12:30 AM
aleggitt wrote:

I have the same type of problem with an HP wireless mouse, after myVista goes
I have the same type of problem with an HP wireless mouse, after my
Vista goes into sleep mode. It no longer detects the mouse - my keyboard
can type letters, but the buttons for volume and sleep (and other
hotkeys) no longer function.
I have to restart or shut down and everything is fine, until it goes
into sleep mode again. Any help or ideas appreciated!

--
aleggitt

On Thursday, June 05, 2008 5:47 PM
tanuj_chadha wrote:

did you go ahead & check the sleep state properties under powermanagement.
did you go ahead & check the sleep state properties under power
management. It can be an issue that vista cannot wake up the driver
needed when it comes back from sleep or hibernate mode. It would work
once you restart the system because the application file is a part of
the startup programs. Try to disable all those things you don't need
using msconfig. & check if that helps.

--
tanuj_chadha

On Sunday, January 18, 2009 3:39 PM
pscobee wrote:

I have the same issues, but have traced it down further....
I have the same issues, but have traced it down further....

When I put vista in sleep and then wakeup, the bluetooth device looses
all bluetooth connections.

put it back to sleep and then wake and all is returned to normal. but
of course two rounds of sleep/wake is annoying...

when it doesn't work, you can go to control panel (bluetooth icon
disappears from the toolbar) and try and add or change settings, but you
get a bluetooth device error.

of course, sleep/wake cycle again and all is normal.

Common to many types of laptops, must either be Vista, Microsoft
Bluetooth stack or some combo?

--
pscobee

On Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:01 PM
defrag1720 wrote:

Well I found out it has nothing to do with Vista.
Well I found out it has nothing to do with Vista. I am using Windows 7
now and the Mouse still does not connect after sleep state. It could be
a Microsoft thing that's in both Vista and Win 7.

--
defrag1720

On Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:45 PM
Curious wrote:

Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state
I have a MC Bluetooth mouse on my Vista 32 bit HP SP1 system and I normally
use it to wake up my system from sleep mode.

Curious;943557 Wrote:

Well guess it must be this Dell and the bluetooth gear they installed
in it.

--
defrag1720

On Sunday, January 18, 2009 9:28 PM
Curious wrote:

Bluetooth mouse looses connection after Vista sleep state
"defrag1720" wrote in message

My post should have said MS Bluetooth mouse and not a MC Bluetooth mouse.
My MS Bluetooth mouse works only with the USB Bluetooth dongle that came
with it AFAIK since my desktop dos not have built in Bluetooth support.
My son and daughters laptops with built in Bluetooth work fine fine with
Logitech Bluetooth mice.

On Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:38 PM
John wrote:

Be sure all the bluetooth devices shown in Device Manager have the latest
Be sure all the bluetooth devices shown in Device Manager have the latest
drivers. Also check any power mgmt settings that may affect the bluetooth
hardware.

On Monday, January 19, 2009 11:12 AM
JerryF wrote:

I think you are right.
I think you are right.
I have a MS 5000 bluetooth mouse and have no trouble
with Vista Premium and the mouse working on wakeup from
either sleep or hibernation. My netbook uses a Broadcom
blue tooth chipset. See if you can track down which
chipset is used in your Dell, and find newer drivers.

In article b6a712a0bc7cd07dd55fd5841fa14538@nntp-
gateway.com, says...

ASP.NET Simplified Popup Windows and Return Values Redux
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ied-popup.aspx
Old December 28th 09, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Russell Hunt

JerryF wrote:

I think you are right.
I think you are right.
I have a MS 5000 bluetooth mouse and have no trouble
with Vista Premium and the mouse working on wakeup from
either sleep or hibernation. My netbook uses a Broadcom
blue tooth chipset. See if you can track down which
chipset is used in your Dell, and find newer drivers.

In article b6a712a0bc7cd07dd55fd5841fa14538@nntp-
gateway.com, says...

On Monday, December 28, 2009 2:16 PM
Russell Hunt wrote:

bluetooth mouse not working after sleep
The only thing that I have found helpful with this problem it to put a shortcut to the device manager on the desktop and use the finger pad to open it then go down to the mouse device driver which has a "!" by it and disable and then enable the mouse. Works a lot faster than putting the computer back to sleep or rebooting. It has worked everytime for me. I am using Windows 7 but I had the same problem with Vista. Hope this helps. Microsoft has so many patchs that update - my question is "Microsoft - why can't you figure this out and write a patch to fix the problem instead of pretending there isn't a problem?"

Caching Pages and Application Data with Database Dependencies
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...d-applica.aspx