Buffalo LinkTheater PC-P3LWG/DVD not working on vista

Old January 19th 08, 06:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andy

Default Buffalo LinkTheater PC-P3LWG/DVD not working on vista

Hi All,
I have a bit of trouble with the above. I am running the latest software
(Ver 1.16 I think) and all was well with XP until I upgraded to Vista.
I installed the software and now when trying to access the menus to set up
the files to read from all I get is the hourglass permanently cycling. Would
anyone either know if this is fixable on linktheater or if there is any other
program that would do the same as linktheater and integrate with the Buffalo
LinkTheater PC-P3LWG/DVD.
Thanks in advance
Old April 4th 08, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
satyabobby

Andy;578600 Wrote:
Hi All,
I have a bit of trouble with the above. I am running the latest
software
(Ver 1.16 I think) and all was well with XP until I upgraded to Vista.
I installed the software and now when trying to access the menus to set
up
the files to read from all I get is the hourglass permanently cycling.
Would
anyone either know if this is fixable on linktheater or if there is any
other
program that would do the same as linktheater and integrate with the
Buffalo
LinkTheater PC-P3LWG/DVD.
Thanks in advance

Did you find any solution for this??? I am in the same situation now.

Thanks,

--
satyabobby
Old April 5th 08, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andy

Satabobby,
Unfortunately not, however, I managed to get the Player to recognise windows
through setting up the shared media in vista, It isn't as pretty as
linktheater but it works. Bit of a shame but at least I won't have to part
with my player.
Andy

Old June 7th 08, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bobd630

I had the same problem - love the linktheater but could not use it upon
upgrading to new computer with Vista. I installed wizdxp on my vista
computer and it now works great with the link theater. Hope it works for
you also.

Here is the link to wizdxp.
'wizd media server' (http://wizd.sourceforge.net/features.htm)

Here is the link for the download. Download the package 1.50
'SourceForge.net: Files' (http://tinyurl.com/3nmo7l)

Good luck.

--
bobd630

Old May 28th 10, 05:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JRW99

Yes I found the solution. This took quite some hunting. Tried Windows
7 media sharing, but does horrible job transcoding to what LinkTheater
says it can support (I'm using this on an old SD TV in the bedroom).
Tried two different networked media servers. Best one of these was
wizdxp, but gui on LinkTheater box was bad. Finally found that
"myiHome" program _IS_ the offspring of the old LinkTheater program I
had running on my old XP system serving the media files to the Buffalo
LinkTheater box for years. Same look on application screen. Same
Preferences dialog. Same video Watch folders. This also came with
64-bit version that runs on Windows 7. Came with a couple of "skins,"
neither did a good job on the gui for the small screen. Then - leap of
faith - I copied the "webapps\ROOT\theme" folders from an installation
of the old LinkTheater program files folder into the new myiHome program
files folder and wa'la ... The myiHome recognized the old LinkTheater
files as another available skin for myiHome, and it worked !!

Lost one feature which was the list of pages that were identified by
range of file numbers on the top of long list of titles. This was
handy, but new software allows typing in number, such as 61 - to go to
the 61st title in the list, so I think this is better.

I hope you find this posting before you spend the hours I did trying not
to have to go buy another media player!!

--
JRW99