Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
how do you start a new mail account? by MsAmy131
The information needed to begin a new account is almost impossible to find....I can't locate the incoming or outgoing server to set up windows mail. You'd think that information would come with your new Windows Vista Home Premium when you purchase it on your computer, but it doesn't. Does anyone know how to solve this mystery? I didn't think it should be so difficult.....
April 2nd 08 03:04 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 394
help by Blinda
can't set up my account
April 2nd 08 02:58 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 500
Can't sent mails with windows mail by Patricia_garcia01
I FEEL HOPELESS Error de conexión con el servidor. Asunto ' Notas de Enric', Cuenta: 'patricia_garcia01-yahoo', Servidor: 'smtp.correo.yahoo.es', Protocolo: SMTP, Puerto: 465, Seguridad (SSL): Sí, Error de socket: 10061, Número de error: 0x800CCC0E Error de conexión con el servidor. Asunto 'Fw: Formulari rebut', Cuenta: 'cartaabiertafmysfc-yahoo', Servidor: 'smtp.correo.yahoo.es',...
April 2nd 08 02:54 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 494
opening multiple attachments by AntiqueStreetRacer
Have Vista Home Prem w/SP1, using Windows Mail. Use Webroot Desktop Firewall, and Spysweeper with Antivirus - both applications set to allow traffic. For business, I regularly recieve an email with one pdf and three MS Word files. I can open any one file, and then must close the Mail app and reopen for each attachment. This was not always the case. Can't find this exact problem in recent...
April 2nd 08 01:15 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 360
WINDOWS MAIL STOPPED WORKING by Chris
I have Windows Mail on Vista which was working fine for 7 months. Today it will not send or receive any email. There are no error messages, just outbound email sits in the outbox going nowhere and nothing is incoming despite having test emails sent. I also cannot read the sent items folder - it says Folder could not be displayed Windows mail could not open this folder. Possible causes...
April 2nd 08 01:04 AM
by River Ron Go to last post
4 376
Cannot delete any file in Windows Explorer by Michael A. Covington
Whenever I try to delete a file in the Windows GUI -- from the desktop or from an open window -- it gets deleted, but a message like "Recycling 1 item" or "Deleting 1 item" then stays on the screen forever, until I use Task Manager to restart Explorer. Any clues? I have no trouble deleting files from the command line. Thanks!
April 2nd 08 12:57 AM
by mac Go to last post
3 338
DELETED MESSAGES RETURN TO INBOX by BUB
when I delete messages then empty deleted basket, all messages return to both inbox and junk mail
April 2nd 08 12:03 AM
by BUB Go to last post
0 343
Stationary? by Boger Travel & Leisure
Is there a way to get new stationary for Windows Mail on Vista? I own a travel agency and would like something that has to do with vacation or travel. Any ideas? -- Tanea Boger Boger Travel & Leisure Owner / Agent (931) 802-2521 (931) 802-3782
April 1st 08 09:22 PM
by Larry Go to last post
7 352
Word crashes every time i try to mail merge by Rawcab
I try to print envelopes using the addresses stored in outlook and Word 2007 keeps closing on me how do i fix thie annoyance
April 1st 08 08:57 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 303
Gmail syncing problems by teensy
If anyone can help would appreciate it - working on this a couple days now. I think I have set up my gmail in Windows Mail correctly except I have been getting the following message when I send and receive to ensure all folders are up to date. Header download for the '' folder did not complete. Could not select '' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to...
April 1st 08 08:46 PM
by Laura[_6_] Go to last post
2 314
Windows Mail to Outlook Express, can I go back ? by RideRT
I have been testing RC2 and using Windows Mail - I like it a lot. Can I export email messages so that I can import them in Outlook Express running on my other computer under XP. Under Exprt I see Microsoft Exchange and Windows Mail. Many thanks.
April 1st 08 08:41 PM
by kim møller larsen Go to last post
6 320
setting up windows mail by pmills[_2_]
I am having major issues sending email. I am receiving messages, but cannot send anything out Does anyone have an answer for this. I called Microsoft and they said it was a HP issue. They could help for $59, which I think is awful. I just purchased the computer yesterday an they are already pointing the finger at each other. Help pat
April 1st 08 08:33 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 322
Recovering Windows Mail by m1234
Sorry guys. I'm sure this problem is easy to solve. It's just that I can't see it. Because Vista has been causing me so many problems (blue crash screens, system restore doesn't work etc) I must restore to factory settings, wiping the c: disk and starting again. I have backed up all files on an external drive. The problem is that I can't see how to import all my mail accounts and mail...
April 1st 08 08:13 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 422
Preview Pane is blank?! by kyle
This just started happening after I installed SP1 (vista). My preview pane in Windows Mail is blank and doesnt show the body of the email. This happens sporaticly (sp). Also, if I double click the message to open in a new window, the message is also blank. The only way to fix this is to restart the computer. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks in advance
April 1st 08 08:08 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 352
WinMail.exe never terminates; can't delete items from desktop by Michael A. Covington[_3_]
I'm cross-posting because these 2 problems appeared at the same time (after installing a lot of Windows XP application software) and may be related. I am thinking of laboriously going back through a lot of restore points, but would prefer some insight as to exactly what happened. Windows Vista Ultimate on a Dell D830 with McAfee virus and e-mail protection. For the first week or so,...
April 1st 08 08:02 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 396
E-mails being diverted by Dave
I have one e-mail address, but my e-mails go to two different destinations. I'm with BT Internet and as part of their package, they include Yahoo Messenger. Most of my e-mails go through to my main Windows Mail, but a small number regularly get diverted to the Messenger e-mail box, for no apparent reason. It took me months before I realised this was happening, after several messages had...
April 1st 08 07:41 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 295
error message by pmills[_2_]
This is the message I am getting when trying to send email. Can anyone help The host 'pop3-server.triad.rr.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop-server.triad.rr.com', Server: 'pop3-server.triad.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
April 1st 08 05:49 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 335
WM and delayed sending by bathsheba
Does anyone know if WM has a delayed sending option? i.e. can I write and email at 8am and set it to send at 12pm? Thank you, Bash -- bathsheba
April 1st 08 05:32 PM
by garysgold[_12_] Go to last post
7 365
Problem with Junk Email blocked senders list by Larry S.
I've noticed that occasionally a spam message comes through using my email account as a return address. It might look something like this: . I want to indicate that this is spam, and the only way to do so seems to be to add the sender to the blocked senders list. Unfortunately, rather than blocking " the program blocks my account...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 1st 08 04:23 PM
by Junk mail[_2_] Go to last post
11 547
Kan Windows Mail niet starten by sjraar
Kan Windows Mail niet starten. De toepssing kan het berichtenarchief van Windows Mail niet openen. De postvakgegevens van Windows Mail worden gebruikt door een ander programma, zoals een virusscanner. Sluit het programma af of wacht tot de bewerkingis voltooid alvorens Windows Mail opnieuw te openen. (0x800C0155,2) Wat te doen.? Ik gebruik Windows Vista Home Premium. Herstarten brengt...
April 1st 08 04:08 PM
by Jovriesje Go to last post

From The