Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
storing email in windows mail by David[_24_]
hi, i've got windows xp on my old pc, and im using outlook express. im upgrading to vista, which uses windows mail. i want to know how can i tranfer all the data (folders, sent, saved emails from outlook express to windows mail) which folder/s do i need to copy and paste into vista?? please can i get a lil guide or advice on how to do this??
March 30th 08 12:20 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 367
having problem ti send emails (windows mail -vista) by serge
hello, i can't send emails via Wmail. i get a following comment: Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 i have a Panda ativirus but i have set it up to not to check emails as well and neither way doesnt work. vista's firewall is off as well. can any one help please?
March 30th 08 12:19 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 321
delete by orthoric
After I delete my e-mail, only the unread messages show up in my delete folder. All other messages seem to have disappeared. How do I fix this?
March 30th 08 12:18 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 348
Please Help, trying to set up Email in Windows Mail..Not working by Nuangie
Hi, I am trying to set up email using my email account and I get this message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong, and how I can correct it? Thank you so much for your time, advice and help. --
March 30th 08 11:15 AM
by mac Go to last post
3 369
Saving multiple attachments by Mal
Could someone kindly explain to me how to save multiple attachments (.jpg) that are posted on my nntp (news) account? I can easily do one at a time, but when there are literally hundreds, well.. it gets rather tired after a while. TIA Mal
March 30th 08 10:59 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 321
delete mail from postbox out by eror occurs
I cant deleted one item in outgoing mailbox
March 30th 08 10:54 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 334
Improperly sorted e mails by jeff
Messages that are sent in reply to me and using my original e mail message or even fresh ones sent using the same subject line always come back as an attachment to the original but not in the current by date sort. They are located upstream of the most recent e mails and are distinguishable by a + sign beside them The problem being that those e mails are not in current date sort so I don't...
March 30th 08 10:53 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 315
selective send error by Ted Dafoe
I am trying to send from my laptop. I have been able to send and receive without problem until I began to travel. Now I can send to most of my contacts but some come back with this error message: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail",...
March 30th 08 04:53 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 289
ricevere by antonio
March 30th 08 04:32 AM
by jocks woman only Go to last post
1 413
hello by Latoy
my name is toy
March 30th 08 04:03 AM
by Latoy Go to last post
0 399
wireless computer by Lucia Lammers
which server do i use on a wireless computer, it wont let me send out mail
March 30th 08 03:37 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 395
Windows Mail insists on trying to do dialup by S.W. Anderson[_2_]
I have configured e-mail in Windows versions going back to Windows for Workgroups, for a Palm III, for Linux installs. I've never had trouble like this. I am trying to set up POP3 with ATT. I have all the settings, taken off the excellently functioning XP box practically beside my new Vista-runing PC. I have doublechecked those settings at ATT's help page. From my very first few minutes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 30th 08 03:23 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
17 778
cannot send email by olintowery
when i try to send email, a quick flash appears on the screen (like the action occurred successfully, very fast), but the message just goes to the outbox and is never sent, even upon prompt at program termination. i have checked all program and account settings, and everything is ok (especially the send messages immediately checkbox). i entered a secondary unrelated email address with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 30th 08 02:54 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
15 841
Cant delete email by fncbolin
received an email from lady with mac. Have received emails from her frequently in the past, however this email will not display, or delete. "Unknown Error", HELP!
March 30th 08 02:50 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
4 423
Message rules dont always work by twolfbob
I would like to know why message rules do not work on all email just some? I've got words like "unsubscribe" and "AVG" "Love" and other stuff and it does not filter the text in most messages. There are other words also those are just examples. These words are to be move to the deleted folder, but most are not.
March 30th 08 02:36 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
3 321
Easy Transfer Wizard by Northman
I want to use 'Windows Easy Transfer' wizard to transfer solely emails and contacts from XP OE6 to Vista Home. Nothing else. a) Can I pick this alone, with the wizard ? b) If Yes, How ? -- I don't find a choice to transfer only emails and address book. c) If No, what is the alternative ? Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 30th 08 02:32 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
20 877
Can only reply on received emails by stephan.buys
Can someone please help. I can only reply to received emails and only send to certain people. Most of my emails when send goes into my outbox and sit there but doesn't get send. -- stephan.buys Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
March 30th 08 02:16 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
4 311
cannot send mail after sp1 by boyce[_3_]
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Server: 'smtp.frontiernet.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E. this is the error Im getting. can still recieve mail though. any ideas on how (if) sp1 is causing this? -- boyce
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 30th 08 02:16 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
14 709
New wireless e-mail HELP by Sue Minter
I just bought a new Sony Vaio, wireless, laptop. Was told setup was easy as pie. Well, once I got home I found that I had to purchase an additional "wireless router" before I would be truly "wireless" where my laptop was concerned. So off to Wal-Mart (bought a Belkin) because I need my computer working by Sunday since we're leaving for a convention and I need to be able to access e-mails...
March 30th 08 12:36 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 438
What server do you use? by QChristopher
I'm having a hard time receiving my e-mail. Does anyone know what server do you use for windows
March 29th 08 11:32 PM
by Dave Go to last post

From The