Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Mail - select recipients from Contacts only by Victor
Hi, I'm using now Windows Mail for my personal mail. When I Create a New Message and then click on the To: button to select the recipients for the new message then a list of the addresses of all my previous messages (sent and received) comes up for selection. That -although useful- is not what I really want; I'd like to see the list of addresses from my Contacts only.
March 29th 08 11:11 PM
by Victor Go to last post
2 294
Cant recieve mail with Vista- keep getting error message?!!!? by WinorBin
Hi I cant seem to send e-mails but I can recieve them, I have copied the POP ans smtp settings from my mail provider and am getting nowhere! I get this message- An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.******.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Sorry, your non-local IP address (***********) is not allowed to send email via me.', Port: 25,...
March 29th 08 10:36 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 321
Did something to change my Icons on my outlook mail.HOw do I set b by Anna
Help I 'v gone nad pressed something and my icons are not the same as they were on my outlook mail. I"ve seem to have lost my inbox draft sent outgoing and deleted icones. How do I restore my headers back to what they were originally any ideas Anna
March 29th 08 10:24 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 284
Applying Message Rules ? by BChat
I have Vista Ultimate SP1, using Windows Mail as my newsgroup reader. Is there a way to configure WM to apply Message rules to all folders/newgroups at the same time, instead of each one separatly? Thanks, BChat
March 29th 08 10:22 PM
by No Name Go to last post
7 352
Lost contents of email messages by Michael S.
Two days ago I lost the content of all my email in my inbox and in my sent box. I have no idea what happened. They are not in my recycle bin nor in any of my other files. Any ideas? Thanks.
March 29th 08 10:20 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 341
Viewing pictures in email by william
I get emails from a friend with pictures included and they are blocked. There is a red x in the left hand corner of the picture frame. How can I view them?
March 29th 08 10:20 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 296
pickig a server by QChristopher
Can someone please help me? I'm trying to setup my e-mail account. Whoever has windows mail, could you please tell me how you set yours up or give me the number to a company I could call
March 29th 08 10:06 PM
by Bob F.[_5_] Go to last post
1 361
March 29th 08 08:07 PM
by kqmo Go to last post
8 512
Windows Mail: spell checker in my language that is Portuguese Braz by Ass. Leandro Miranda
I use Windows Mail in Windows Vista English, and I use the spell checker in my language that is Portuguese Brazil. Someone was enables me?
March 29th 08 06:42 PM
by Roberto Pereira Go to last post
3 342
pop3 & SMTP question by Ram
Tools -- Accounts -- Properties -- Advanced Tab: If I DONT CHOOSE " This server requires SSL" for both SMTP & POP, then it works great. But if I CHOOSE "This server requires SSL", then windows mail not able to retrieve any email from comcast.net Do u think it affects my safety and security? Sri
March 29th 08 06:23 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 394
Me again with Gmail and windows mail problems !! by KristinH
Hey it's me again here is what error message i get when I'm trying to Send or Receive / Account: 'Gmail', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported c38pf3900829anc.0', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 So what do I do?!?!?!
March 29th 08 05:50 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 278
Help!! I have Gmail and can not get Windows mail to send or reciev by KristinH
I have Gmail and can not get Windows mail to send recieve!! Im getting and sending mail through Gmail but when I send messages for website it will not send or recieve?? What do I do??
March 29th 08 05:44 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 332
konfigurera mail by Johanna & Christer
Hej! Tydligen blev det fel när jag angav vilken server (exPOP3) jag skulle använda till mailen. Hur kommer man tillbaka så att man kan ändra det? Johanna
March 29th 08 05:44 PM
by Johanna & Christer Go to last post
0 301
Contents of inbox not showing by Michael B[_2_]
When I open Windows Mail the contents of my inbox are no longer shown immediately. It did before I installed Service Pack 1 earlier this week. Is the problem related to Service Pack 1? If I click on 'show all messages' the emails show. I also have to do this to see emails that I have in named folders other that just the general inbox. This problem appears to be erratic in that if I open Windows...
March 29th 08 05:18 PM
by Michael B[_2_] Go to last post
0 323
Can not d/l windows mail ..... by ~ Pamela ~[_2_]
I get this error... Account: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR a user name MUST be entered', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 Called my isp, I can log into webmail.suddenlink.net, and can log in and get my mail, so it's not my isp. Called Dell....they want 250.00 to fix it, even tho the...
March 29th 08 05:06 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 277
Outlook express and webmail by Rose
I'm sure the answer is simple, but I have both Ourlook and Webmail and I don't get my emails at both account. How do I fix this?
March 29th 08 04:43 PM
by No Name Go to last post
4 312
Windows Mail with Vista Program by Anna[_2_]
I have had windows vista since January 2008. I was having trouble with windows mail. I could not send or receive any e-mails. I called my provider verizon and he walked me through a couple of things. Well it was working fine for a short while. Sometimes the e-mail works and I am able to receive my messages but most of the time it does not work. This is the message I receive : Acount:...
March 29th 08 04:03 PM
by davidjchuang[_92_] Go to last post
6 316
OE6 Newsgroup Messages by JCE
Hi, I was subscribed in OE6 to several newsgroups, each with a large amount of messages. After upgrading to Vista ( and Windows Mail ), I read a lot about importing messages from OE6 into Windows Mail, but for some reason, Windows Mail ONLY imports Mail folders, not newsgroups. I made sure my OE6 "folder.dbx" file is there and the "Read Only" is unchecked in every .dbx file. Still can't get...
March 29th 08 03:19 PM
by Bruce Hagen Go to last post
5 396
Can't import my Outlook Express 6 messages into Microsoft Mail by Mike[_21_]
I'm trying to import my stored OE6 mail (sent.dbx, drafts.dbx, etc.) into MS Mail (Vista Ultimate 32bit) but each time I use 'import messages/microsoft outlook express 6' and browse to the folder my dbx files are stores (in my case D:/backup/) I get the error message, "No messages can be found in this folder". I've checked and double checked the file locations, but MS Mail just refuses to...
March 29th 08 02:28 PM
by No Name Go to last post
4 360
Contacts - Auto-complete only works for a few contacts in my list by Toddchuk
For some reason the auto complete feature in the "to" field (or CC, BCC) isn't working with many of my contacts. The list was imported from Outlook express on an old computer running XP
March 29th 08 01:51 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post

From The