Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Password protection for access to Email? by pnunya
I'm using Windows Vista email. Is there a way to set Windows Vista Email up so that it won't even open without a password being required first? I am aware that I can change the settings to require a password to Send and Receive email but this is not enough for what I need since someone can still open up the Email program and read emails already downloaded to the computer.
March 28th 08 08:40 PM
by Dave Go to last post
4 316
message by f_shakeel
please help me how maintain pop3 fareeda shakeel
March 28th 08 08:39 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 380
? comes out as E with a ' only on e mails by Don
What have I done now? In word- everything is normal. But when composing an e mail- the ? key comes out as E with a ' mark. Alos, the and keys give apostophe marks now. Where is the setting to change this back? Again- it only happens in Windows Mail- and only started tonight! Thanks
March 28th 08 08:33 PM
by Don Go to last post
2 299
When I want delete, Windows Mail tell me: An unknown error has occ by Glorydays
When I want delete, Windows Mail tell me: An unknown error has occured it is only one email message I tried to move it and it won`t move to another folder either I have been using email for over 20 years and never encontered this problem can anyone figure this one out
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 28th 08 08:30 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
28 890
Cant receive mail by Tommy
Keep getting this error message The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I am able to send mail but not receive it for some reason???
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 08 08:23 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
17 876
efff by robert
efedwfcwrdfcfd
March 28th 08 08:01 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 435
bounced messages by A-n-J
I have emptied my server inbox, and my Windows Mail inbox only has a total of 86 KB, but yet I keep getting messages from my postmaster stating: "A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded. The following is the reason that the message was over quota: Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox Quota Available:...
March 28th 08 07:45 PM
by No Name Go to last post
9 404
Sending an email to ".org" by grammy
I tried to email someone with and .org ending to his email and it was bounced back and said something about an organization. Do I have to do something special in my email account to send out mail to and .org address? -- grammy 123
March 28th 08 05:02 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 352
windows mail by joji
when i try to send mail from my windows mail it say's it can't connect but im on line with a cable modem
March 28th 08 04:02 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 326
Window Mail Not Responding and mail in outbox can not be deleted by yeo
I am using Vista Home Every time I start my window mail, after the mails have been downloaded, very often it stops working and a sign show not responding and I have to siwtch it off and on again for an average of 2 times. I have a mail in my outbox can not be deleted Please help. Willie
March 28th 08 04:00 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 299
Non visible postings. by Zygy
Will someone please advise me on how to adjust my newsgroups, so that all postings are shown. My posting (which I made twice) on this computer (32bts) has not appeared at all, but it has appeared on my new computer (also Win.Vista but 64bts) In addition other of your postings failed to show in the newsgroup vista.general on this computer, but are there on my new one.
March 28th 08 03:55 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 339
need server name(s) by WriteNow
How do I find out my POP3 server name and/or my IMAP server name. I am looking for a job and sometimes Windows asks me this when I try to reply to an email address. I will also write to Compuserve. Thank you.
March 28th 08 03:51 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 381
er is een onbekende fout by John
Ik heb nog meer berichten er staan en ik krijg ze ook niet verwijderd. Wie weet raad van Microsoft???
March 28th 08 03:46 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 267
Deleting current message by Noshorts
When I delete an open an e-mail message the next message is automatically opened and displayed. This is not good as far as security goes. So does any one know how to make windows mail return to INBOX and NOT display the next message? I cannot find this switch anywhere on options.
March 28th 08 03:44 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 309
Creating Mail tab does not respond for approx 30 seconds by Klassickoi
Hi, When I hit Create Mail Tab, I get (not responding) on the new message page after approx 30seconds it clears and is ready to work. This is very annoying as It used to function as soon as I hit the Create Mail button. Any Solutions?.
March 28th 08 03:43 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 311
opening .doc email attachments by N. Nortz
There was a post to this list addressing my problem, but I can't find it again! My Vista Windows email won't open .doc attachments. I had to install Microsoft Office Word 2003 in order to be able to open .doc files in my computer, but it doesn't work for my email unless I go through a convoluted process of copying and pasting to Office Word. Please help! N Nortz
March 28th 08 02:02 PM
by Ian Go to last post
2 350
Verzenden vanuit Word met Windows mail by Toos van Spaandonk
I have Windows Vista just for one week on my system. I don't know how I can send Word-document directly from Word by Windows Mail. I can only choise in the profiel : Ourlook. Can someone tell me where I can make the "link" to Windows Mail ?? Ik maak pas sinds een week gebruik van Windows Vista op mijn systeem. Ik weet niet hoe ik berichten rechtstreeks vanuit Word kan verzenden met Windows...
March 28th 08 01:46 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 287
Can't import messages to Win Mail from Outlook 2002 by Cliffw42
I have a new Vista laptop that I installed Office XP on (Outlook 2002). Now, I am using Windows Mail, and can't get it to import my folders and messages from Outlook. Do you know how I can do this??? Thanks Cliff
March 28th 08 01:30 PM
by No Name Go to last post
9 443
Windows Mail Error Message by KarlaSue
I have been receiving my mail except for 1 message that doesn't get delivered. I don't know how I am supposed to fix this problem. I have my sbcglobal.net account that comes through the Windows Mail. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Here is the error message I receive when I check my email. Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: 'AT&T Yahoo!', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',...
March 28th 08 01:03 PM
by No Name Go to last post
8 366
HTML Signatures with .jpeg or .gif images by John Spence
Is it possible to place images in html signature file? If so, how? -- I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it.
March 28th 08 07:25 AM
by BurrWalnut Go to last post

From The