Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
favorite feature by Tgo
My favorite feature of Windows vista is the Gadget bar.
February 18th 10 12:24 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 490
About Windows Vista by Marlen Plaza
To whom it may concern, Why am I gonna lie? I like every single feature of Windows Vista. Windows Vista is awesome! Every feature is very helpful and at the same time it's pretty fun. Thank You.
February 18th 10 12:23 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 505
Create Rule by paulyg
How can I create a rule to move all messages from a certain domain; i.e. to a microsoft.com subfolder? Is it possible to create one rule to handle this rather than a rule for every user of that domain?
February 17th 10 11:10 PM
by jhall2microsoft.com Go to last post
9 794
POP3/SMTP server name by Post32
Anyone lnow the server name for a POP3 account?
February 17th 10 10:14 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
5 469
1st print 229-286 by Alfredo Castaneda III
February 17th 10 07:51 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
1 335
mail zonder inhoud by zangbalk
Soms krijg ik in Windows mail een mailtje zonder inhoud. Letterlijk staat er niks in dus en kan ik hem ook niet lezen. Waar ligt dit aan en hoe kan ik zo'n mailtje "restaureren "?
February 17th 10 07:51 PM
by zangbalk Go to last post
0 385
Messages in Inbox have disappeared...Help 911 by Bubey
All my msg's in my Inbox and Sent Inbox have disappeared. And like others I had older msg's I don't want to loose. The Local Folders I created have all retained the messages in them. Why ? Can I get them back? Is there someplace on the hard driver where I can retrieve them from? I'm running Win Vista Sp2 w/2gb memory............Thanks !
February 17th 10 06:32 PM
by Bubey Go to last post
9 511
Stuck Message by cravingmad
I am on windows mail and haved used it successfully for years, all of a sudden I can't receive my emails, it just gets stuck on 'receiving 8 of 30' emails. I've ran a virus scan (AVG) and picked up tracking cookies - deleted them, restarted and still can't receive -can anyone help me - please as simply as poss, thanks. Helen
February 17th 10 06:18 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 435
Server info by perunest
I've been having a problem sending emails from my Windows account. I found the problem (I think). In the account information area, the information is now incorrectly listed as POP3 when it is actually imap. However, when I am in the tab where this is speciaifed, I can't change that info in the box - it will not allow me to type in the box or to delete the POP3. I need help! Thanks, anybody!
February 17th 10 06:16 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 419
Can't Send Emails by Tony
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'LVAC payment Feb', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E is the error message I am recieving. I was able to send emails up until about 10 pm tonight. I tried checking the ssl box and enabling the authentication box but that did not work, I...
February 17th 10 06:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 436
New Fonts Appeared by Confusious
In my fonts dropdown list some unexpected font selections were added (ie: ) Anybody know where these came from or what they are? -- Confused again -- Confusious
February 17th 10 12:37 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 378
Windows Mail setup by jean
I am trying to set up a new Windows Mail account but when at he request for the account name and password assigned by my ISP I don't know what accont name and password to enter.
February 17th 10 07:11 AM
by Norbert Lamaack Go to last post
4 421
Error problem ?! Someone help ? by Renato Rrapi
Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
February 16th 10 10:16 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 414
Windows mail not responding by Noor Motani
Every time I open windows mail, it stops responding for 30 seconds to a minute. It then responds. Can some one tell me why is it behaving like that. Even sometimes when I move from one message to another it behaves like that too. -- Best Regards Noor Motani
February 16th 10 09:56 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 407
Email by Unknown Name
How do I make my email show up like -- Cory J. Luba
February 16th 10 09:37 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
1 436
Recovered Messages by Engela
Why does " recovered messages " keep appearing in my " local folders " ? When I click on a " recovered message " , there is no message ; only a date and a number - for instance 07-01-08 20-24-33 .
February 16th 10 09:35 PM
by mohammad edrisi Go to last post
6 493
Windows Mail Contacts by Caroline
Where have my saved contacts disappeared to? I have not deleted any contacts and windows asked to compact stuff in windows mail recently...I did....and now heaps of saved contacts have vanished. Any suggestions...anyone?? Thanks.
February 16th 10 09:22 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 434
Windows Mail can compact the message store." by Mr. Ray
You can stop the pop up from coming up everytime by going to the mail "tool" then click "options" then click "advanced" then click "maintenance" then unclick the box that says " Compact the database on shutdown every 100 runs. The popup messages should cease. -- RC
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 10 09:13 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
19 793
Windows Mail - Connection to server failed... by jenncooper
I keep getting the following error messages every time I log onto Windows Mail: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,...
February 16th 10 09:10 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 1,444
windows live mail vista 64 newgroup forwards unable to choose reci by saggman54[_2_]
when forwarding a newsgroup post, I am "unable to choose recipients" when I click the "to:". I can type a few of the letters of an address that I have used before and the rest will show up. Also when I forward something from the newsgroup it no longer shows up in my sent folder (they used to) . I uninstalled KB933928 and that didn't do anything, but when I tried to reinstall KB933928 I got...
February 16th 10 09:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post

From The