Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
emails by marilyn
i cannot send or receive any emails through incredimail. i've tried repeatedly to contact incredimail thru emails and have not received any reply. i keep getting a couple of messages. one says failed to connect to outgoing server socket error 10051 port25 protocol smtp.A socket was attempted to an unreachable network. another one says failed to find socket error 11004 port 110 protocol pop....
March 27th 08 05:05 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 304
Contacts - sorting by Toddchuk
My cmigrated contacts are a mess...When I click on "contacts" the list is sorted by first name. Next, I attempted to sort by 'last name' - the field for 'last name' is blank for most contacts DESPITE there being a first and last name on their contact card. Outlook Express was simple, intuitive and easy to customize. Windows Mail is cumbersome, slow and totally counter-intuitive as well as...
March 27th 08 01:25 AM
by Ian Go to last post
6 368
Error by Reid
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Though I have different incoming and...
March 27th 08 01:13 AM
by Reid Go to last post
2 376
Looking for a NewsGroup Server in the AT&T network by Locksley Young
Hi: Anyone knows the name of a NewsGroup Server (NNTP) in the AT&T network? Thanks much Locksley
March 27th 08 01:02 AM
by F.H. Muffman Go to last post
9 378
Please help me set up windows mail to send and recieve mail by Microsoft[_7_]
how do i set up windows mail. What do i put in the outgoing and incoming slots?
March 27th 08 12:45 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 311
e-mail windows vista by vgriff
Help- All my e-mail sent ,reads in either Chinese or some other language, have checked control panel and made sure everything was set to english. Might the problem be unicode having a brain cramp? And can I disable it?
March 27th 08 12:37 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
8 359
Sending page or link. by Larry
When I click on file in Explorer,then click on send , the send page or send link do not work. Only the send to desk top is in bold black. Is there a solution to this problem? A file that might be missing that I could download?I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Thanks for any help. Larry
March 27th 08 12:33 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
3 336
slow by Toddchuk
I read this he "Try this fix for WM sluggishness: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72674-windows-mail-slow.html If that doesn't fix it, your antivirus is probably interfering with WM. -- Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)"
March 27th 08 12:22 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
5 660
gmail error by ChicagoTom
Greetings - I continue to get following error Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks for any help.
March 27th 08 12:08 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
3 438
Can't send Word attachments by joan
Word document attachments that I send cannot be opened by the recipient as the document arrives in something other than Word and the icon associated with it is unknown although there is a Word Icon associated with the attachment when I send it. If I send a photograph from Pictures there is no problem in opening. I'm mystified -- Looking for an answer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 08 12:00 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
11 465
email problems by gtpgirl
I have deleted a name and email from my windows contacts. When I go to send a new email to someone to someone else that starts with the same letter as that one had, the deleted name and email address still comes up. How can I get rid of it entirerly? This is my first experience with windows vista. Thanks for you help.
March 26th 08 11:52 PM
by alberto duhalde Go to last post
2 277
autoreply by Jen
how do I send an autoreply message "i'm going to be away"...
March 26th 08 11:33 PM
by mac Go to last post
4 323
Importing Outlook Express messages into Vista by Brownie6x
I have exported my old messages in .pst file extension, but cannot find a way to import this very large file into Windows Mail? Can anyone give me a clue or tell me what to do? I hope so, and thanks in advance... Peace, Brownie
March 26th 08 11:02 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 326
british english spell check by Brian
OK, service pack one is here but I still don't appear to have a spell check in Windows Mail that will check in British English..... where is it and why did it not appear?
March 26th 08 10:37 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 295
How to hide receipients by Ken Latham
When sending email in Windows Mail how do you set it to block all the receipents of the email from seeing all the others that it has been sent to? -- Ken
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 26th 08 09:21 PM
by C and A Bredt Go to last post
11 510
Windows Mail by Va
I have been sending & receiving mail with no problem. Then all of a sudden I sent and email and the reply came back with about 3 or 4 lines of Chinese symbols in the message, then the symbols changed to this:䐼åT?㰾䐯åT?â?¾ä¼åT?æ° æ¹¡ãµ§æ¹¥ç"*⁳汣獡㵳ç.æ±´æ½¯äµ«ç¥æ.³æ.§æ.^æ'¡ç?¥æ"...
March 26th 08 09:18 PM
by Va Go to last post
0 307
hi by lesleyclutton
i would like to use as my email address thankyou
March 26th 08 08:28 PM
by Bob F.[_5_] Go to last post
1 481
Windows Mail not opening by Aussie Bob
I am experiencing the following after double clicking on windows mail the opening screen shows but the program does not open with the main window, but the winmail.exe is operating in the processes section of the Task Manager. Any sugestions on a. cause and b. solution.
March 26th 08 07:43 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 335
Window Mail rejects name and password, but brings up email anyway by Windows Mail rejects name/PW then works
I recently bought a Vista computer and transfered settings and data from old XP computer. I used Easy Transfer Cable and its transfer software. The send / recieve server info is correct and the password and user name I enter has been validated by my ISP. But when I start Windows Mail or click Send/Recieve or just recieve an incoming message a Windows Security window pops up asking for my...
March 26th 08 07:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 403
Spell check in swedish? by Bengt Barius
Where can I find spell check in Swedish for windows vista mail? How can I import mail contacts to word? Regards Bengt -- Bengt Barius sgatan 154 B, 4 tr
March 26th 08 07:29 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The