Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Where are saved the files of my saved mails? by Stella
I wish to defragment my hard disc. Before doing so I want to separately backup the mails saved in windows mail. How can I reach this file / these files? Thank you
February 16th 10 09:01 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 412
Unable to choose recipients by saggman54[_2_]
I am using widows live mail. and when I create a new mail everything works fine. But when I try to forward a newsgroup post and click on the "to:" I get message "unable to choose recipient" if I type a few letters the contacts that I have used before will show up. Also anything I do forward does not show up in my "sent" folder. Also I accidently replied to a post istead of forwarding it and...
February 16th 10 09:00 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 385
trouble sending email by dan2430
The host 'email.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'email.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
February 16th 10 08:55 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 435
Recieving mail problem by Karen
I keep getting this when i try to check my incoming mail Account: 'mail.armstrongms.co.uk', Server: 'mail.armstrongms.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 I can send but not recieve mail Please advise Karen
February 16th 10 08:48 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 379
receiving mail by George Ashton Photography
hi My windows mail is linked with my website and up until about a week ago it was receiving my website mail with no problems. I then received a welcome email from windows mail and ever since, I have not been receiving my mail. I have checked this by sending a message to my self from my hot mail account and as I thought, it didnt arrive. I did not select ption to leave copy of messages on my...
February 16th 10 08:45 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 362
Help! I can't send emails through Windows Mail!!! 911 by Moore's Floors
i can receive but can't send. error message received is The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Estimate from Moore's Floors', Account: 'pop.gmx.com', Server: 'mail.gmx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help! I need to use this for business so need to fix the problem asap!
February 16th 10 08:15 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 380
help by allie irwin
Account: 'mail', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
February 16th 10 08:09 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 529
blind carbon copy by pmwarm
After installing new updates I no longer have access to the blind carbon copy feature which I've used many times. When I click on cc to try to get access to the bcc, it just says unable to choose recipients' for some strange reason.
February 16th 10 08:08 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
2 350
Exporting to OE 6 by Derby
I need to export a portion of my Windows Mail folders from my vista desktop to a different compter which is running Outlook Express 6. Elsewhere on this site I found how to move contacts over and that is done. The instructions for exporting the emails (and folders) that I found told here said: file/export/messages. I did that and came up with a folder that had inbox and sent folders,...
February 16th 10 08:01 PM
by Bubey Go to last post
4 359
E-mail error by Brian
I am receiving the following error message: Account: ', Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Error logging in. Please visit http://mail.yahoo.com', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I have two accounts and the other one is working fine, I can send and receive no problem. This account...
February 16th 10 07:16 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 373
double email by lec
does anyone know how to stop the double messages I receive. Everytime I get an email I get it twice
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 10 07:10 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
10 610
Improperly Saved Changes on an Attachment by Pete
Is there any way to retrieve changes made to an attachment that were manually saved, but not "saved as" and placed in a folder on my computer? I use Vista's Windows Mail to recieve my mail.
February 16th 10 02:18 PM
by VistaRookie[_635_] Go to last post
4 372
or Number: 0x800CCC0E by Ron
when I try to send emails I get the following error - The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E -- Thanks, Ron
February 16th 10 02:01 PM
by hcello[_4_] Go to last post
7 478
MSOE.DLL ERROR by k.kadir
I can read email and reply to emails through windows mail but when i click on email icon on the dock or when i click on an email link to reply , I get this message: windows mail could not be started becuase MSOE.DLL COULD NOT BE LOADED.
February 16th 10 01:42 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
6 458
"Warning: Your signature file is too large." by MissPhyllis
Good evening. I tried to create a signature in Word and safed it as a htm/html file. For some reason I get the message ""Warning: Your signature file is too large." Can you please advise as to what I need to do to condense the file or save it in another format?? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 16th 10 01:38 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
63 1,721
Help my email deleted folder has over 30000 by Arkiecowgirl
Maybe someone here can help since no one else can. I can not empty my deleted emails? it gives me the option but they never go anywhere?
February 16th 10 01:33 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 367
importing folders, contacts, ect after a sys restore? by T-Thompson
Ok, as much as I hated to do it, I had to do a system restore on my HP Pavillion. After having the Motherboard replaced & both fans, pc still had major issues which tech support (company the extended waranty uses, not HP) decreed that a sys restore could fix it. Basically not wanting to do anything else until I could rule out a registry glitch or other software problem. I backed up the...
February 16th 10 01:32 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 425
"Windows Mail can compact the message Store" can or could do harm? by rda426
I am having the window poping up every time. I was told that you have to be careful as it can harm your computer if certain other things are installed. I do not recall what they were but I choose to just ignor the message and quit it. Then one day about a week after I was told this when I left Windows Mail I must have hit it by mistake as it started doing the compacting right away , it...
February 16th 10 01:26 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 317
HELP by babsie maritz
I Cant fine my outgoing email server name please help i need to get this email up asap because i need to apply for work thank you babsie
February 16th 10 11:10 AM
by David Webb Go to last post
1 607
aa by shigeto nishino