Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Need help by Lorena Villalobos
Hi, I'm in need of some assistance setting up my email account...
February 13th 10 02:39 AM
by carlea Go to last post
7 458
$BALd$G$9(B by carlea
how are you? "Akino" wrote in message ... $B%a!%k%"%I%l%9$C$F$I!$d$C$FJQ$($k$s$G$9$+!)(B
February 13th 10 02:38 AM
by carlea Go to last post
0 393
Email server by Charles
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated.
February 13th 10 12:02 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 420
Organizing Contacts in Windows Mail address book by Sandielynne
I just recently purchased my Vista pc, and I'm having problems organizing my contacts in the new Windows Mail address book (or contacts folder). In OE, I could sort my contacts into folders. Then when I would send an e-mail I could click on "to" and a window opened showing the list of folders in a drop down menu. I would choose the folder I wanted to pick my recipient (s) from. I could...
February 12th 10 10:24 PM
by ruth clough Go to last post
7 456
Adding email addresses in the (To) part of the email by asiankelsey
I need help. I just got Windows Mail and I used to have outlook at my old work. In the "To" part of the email, after you type in email address maybe 3 or 4 times they are suppose to be "completed" so you do not have to type in the rest of it. I tried to type in all of my email address 3 or 4 times from my address book. But in all of my new emails now, they do not complete the email address....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 10 10:20 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
17 675
Script error on Mail messages by rlevinton
I use Windows Mail with Vista Home Premium. I get an error message "Internet Explorer Script Error" and I have to answer 'Yes'/'No' to continue running scripts on the page. It doesn't seem to matter which I answer because once I click either one I can open the email message. I have already gone through the IE tools and clicked on "Disable Script Debugging" and unclicked "Display Script...
February 12th 10 07:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 383
Windows Mail is KILLING ME, and eating my email by dude222
Please Help!! I've searched many places and can't find a solution, so I'll enter it here for the braintrust. Yesterday, my email started acting up, emails disappearing. Incoming emails I can hear bing, and see in the inbox (number), but they will not appear on the main page to view. New emails have completely stopped showing up in my Inbox. My setting is for "SHOW ALL MESSAGES", so it is not...
February 12th 10 07:24 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 310
Sending Mail by Tink
I cannot get my suddenlink account mail to work with Windows Mail. Did all the pop and stmp created the same user and password , it says it was succesful but when I go to send it trys to dial up. Then I unchecked the box still does not work. keeps popping up to enter name and password/ what a pain, cannot use any forms as they will not work to send email messages to companies ect.
February 12th 10 07:20 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 320
Problems with Windows Mail by Gary Hunt
Recently when logging on to my e-mail account I lost all my saved messages, the only one left were in the inbox. Now every time I log on Windows Mail generates a "Recovered Messages" folder filled with lots of empty folders and no messages. How can I stop this annoying behaviour??
February 12th 10 07:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
6 351
Moving email from one computer to another by Shel421
I'm trying to move my email on my old computer (Windows Mail, Vista) to my new computer (Windows Live Mail, 7). I have read numerous posts and replies and nothing I've tried has worked for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
February 12th 10 07:04 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 284
PASSWORDS by mari
can I password protect my windows email account? --
February 12th 10 04:45 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
1 326
autoreply out of office in Vista mail by Evelyn[_5_]
I have not yet found how to do this in Vista Mail although it was straight forward in Outlook - please help! -- Evelyn Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
February 12th 10 04:30 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
2 344
email: verticle blue lines by Lemur
many emails I receive have been reforwarded several times and often contain verticle blue lines, from top to bottom and varying lengths, and seem to correspond with each of the times the email has been forwarded. This is annoying. How do I stop the verticle blue lines?
February 12th 10 09:51 AM
by mac Go to last post
5 367
name printed in header when printing email by AB
I would like to change the name that is shown in the header of email when sending to a printer. For example if it now prints out John Doe I would like to change it to just Doe. It prints the same name no matter email address it is sent to. I pick up email for several addresses and use mail rules to filter them to folders. Where is that printing information stored or edited in Windows Mail...
February 12th 10 05:40 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 313
Windows mail - envoi des images par mail by Jean-Michel
Je souhaite joindre une image à un mail. Je fais l'opération suivante : 1) sélection de l'image 2) clic sur "courrier "électronique" 3) sélection de la taille de l'image 4) clic sur joindre, un message indique "préparation réussie" et puis plus rien. Je ne sais pas ce qu'est devenu le fichier : complètement disparu, impossible de le retrouver sur le PC. Avez vous une idée ? D'avance merci
February 11th 10 09:16 PM
by Luc Go to last post
1 365
Can't send email by SarahY
When I try to send an email it goes to the sent box but it is never received. I can receive all my emails. Using Mediacom for network using a wireless PC.
February 11th 10 07:37 PM
by Elias Perez Go to last post
3 277
Moving email from one computer to another by Shel421
I am trying to move my old email (Windows Mail on Vista) to my new computer which is running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I've tried numerous ways to make this work by looking at previous posts but I'm having no luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
February 11th 10 07:00 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 283
information by Tchusse pamela julie
plesa could somebody explains me how using windows mail?? because i don't succeed in send messages. They ask me so much things i don't know
February 11th 10 06:55 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 423
Emails disapearing from inbox after 2 seconds by Alyson
For the last week some of my emails have been disapearing from my inbox after a couple of seconds. They are not in my junk folder. My ISP says its not a problem their end. I am considering reistalling windows mail but don't really know what I'm doing so am reluctant to do this if there is another solution - this may not fix anyway and would I loose all my emails currently in my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 10 06:37 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
12 599
can not send out emails by britminor
i know very little about computers but we just got a new computer and have not been able to send emails. please help! this is the error message i keep recieving. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'CampusServices/BookstoreAssistant', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket...
February 11th 10 06:26 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post

From The