Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can Multiple emails = Multiple inboxes? by Tony
I just decided to use Live mail and I set up 3 gmail accounts. Now I want to see 3 "Local Folders" (one for each account) that has its own inbox, outbox etc. Now for some reason it just lumps everything together in one mailbox. Without an obvious choice on weather or not to do so. Is there a way I can have my separate mailboxes for each email? (without rules)
February 11th 10 06:07 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
1 343
Moving email from one computer to another by Shel421
I am trying to move my old email (Windows Mail on Vista) to my new computer which is running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I've tried numerous ways to make this work by looking at previous posts but I'm having no luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
February 11th 10 02:06 PM
by Shel421 Go to last post
0 293
Moving email from one computer to another by Shel421
I am trying to move my old email (Windows Mail on Vista) to my new computer which is running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I've tried numerous ways to make this work by looking at previous posts but I'm having no luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
February 11th 10 01:46 PM
by Shel421 Go to last post
0 291
Windows mail by dan
We lost the left hand box that shows Inbox Outbox Sent Messages Deleted Messages Drafts How do we get it back?
February 11th 10 11:02 AM
by anita[_4_] Go to last post
7 389
I can not send emails from here by Vivian
-- Vivian S Moser
February 11th 10 05:05 AM
by slk759 Go to last post
9 472
password by Blas Romo
cannot remember my password. how do I go about getting my bellsouth.net/att.net password reset? r/s
February 11th 10 04:08 AM
by slk759 Go to last post
1 337
windows mail by markw
yesterday i could send and receive emails. today I can only send emails. I have not altered settings(cannot vouch for rest of family). error message I am getting when trying to receive email is - Account: 'pop.supanet.com', Server: 'pop.supanet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC 90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 any...
February 11th 10 03:42 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 322
Problem setting up Windows Mail with Optimum by Evan
Im having the same problem I see others have posted with, can recieve but cant send. I have Mail configured for my AOL account but cant send messages with optimum, Error message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Optimum', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E suggestions anyone??
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 10 03:34 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
10 619
New emails dissappearing as they get in by eddysocer
Hey everyone, I have a very strange problem with Windows Mail, it started yesterday. I was working with my pc when I heard the usual chime sound of a new mail received. I kept working for a couple of minutes and then went to Windows Mail to read my message. Well, there was no new message in the inbox or any other folder, even though I heard the sound... for a moment I thought I was wrong, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 10 03:28 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
12 562
Help can't email pages by Vivian
I'm a senior citizen and I am not totally computer learned. My question is, I can't email from different pages to myself and/or friends. I get a message saying something like this: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Emailing: IMAGE_442', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,...
February 11th 10 03:19 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 294
Vista Mail Spell Checker... by Susan[_7_]
Any way to edit the client spell checker list of words added? And if so where is it found please? Thank you.
February 11th 10 03:13 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
3 308
email by Rocky[_3_]
I recieve the below message when I try to send,what must I do to correct? I'm a comcast subscriber. thanks The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Emailing: For modest earners, relief repaying student loans Comcast.net', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001,...
February 11th 10 03:10 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 371
Can't send e-mail or access to my Inbox e-mails. by Jannie
This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server: 'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please let me know what do I...
February 11th 10 03:08 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 303
"Logon to IMAP.AOL.COM" by stuandnik
Every time I try to send an email this message comes up. It asks me for my username and password but when I enter them it just comes up with the same message. By the way, computer dummy so please be gentle! Thanks in advance
February 11th 10 02:55 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 298
copy to save by mgrace
Vista - Windows Mail -- I would like to copy my e-mails to a blank cd in order to save them. What is the best way to do this. TIA MGrace
February 11th 10 02:44 AM
by Stubbo of Oz Go to last post
3 368
Font size won't stay by granbjd22
I have Vista 32bit. and use Windows Mail.when I compose a message, the text is at 10 and I want it higher.I've tried to fix it by: Tool/options/compose/mail set the size -apply-ok. When I open to make a new message, the font is at 10! so then from the new message I go to: format/font/ pick the size -ok. But it won't stay that way! it keeps going back to 10. this is very frustrating! is...
February 11th 10 02:12 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 283
can not send my attachments from microsoft word by brit_minor
was reading others problems, i have a free trail of norton on computer, could this be the problem? and if so is there away to change setting so i can have full use of my computer with out loseing protection? thanks
February 10th 10 11:00 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
6 297
Where do I download Windows Live Mail Desktop version like Windows by asiankelsey
I recently discovered that the addresses in Windows Mail only auto completes 29 address. Dave suggested that I download Windows Live Mail the desktop version (not hotmail which apparently I am confusing it with). What is the website to download Windows Live Mail Desktop and is it free?? Please give me a link to the website, I cannot find it and I am confused. Right now I have Windows Mail...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 10 10:57 PM
by rhlhamlet Go to last post
10 616
opening Outlook .pst file within windows mail or vista by Wendy S Foulks
I have a data transfer file from my old and now dead computer that includes Microsoft Outlook mail personal folders and mail. I am unable to open the .pst file with any existing extension or program offered by vista. When I open with Windows mail, I only get current, newly opened Windows Mail and new messages from last two days. Please HELP!! I have all my work search information and my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 10 09:43 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
19 800
where are my replies in WM?! by Linea Recta
I have posted some replies in a newsgroup. I can see them on my PC with Windows XP, but on my notebook with Vista/Windows Mail they won't show up. What can be going on this time? PS Some other replies DO show up in Windows Mail, account settings are OK! -- regards,
February 10th 10 07:16 PM
by mac Go to last post

From The