Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
deleting by Julian Nettlefold
I have emails in my Outbox and Inbox that I cannot delete and I cannot send mail
February 9th 10 07:06 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
6 462
Can recieve emails but cannot send them - by cafoleary
Changed from outlook express to windows mail and can recieve email but cannot send - error report comes up for all emails I try to send- 'the connection to the server has failed subject '...........' account: 'mail.eircom.net', server:'mail.iol.ie', protocol: SMTP, port 25, secure(SSL) ; yes, socket error: 10013, error number; 0 x800CCC0E -- cafoleary
February 9th 10 06:59 PM
by cafoleary Go to last post
3 330
can't send e-mail. by BusMan04
I was able to send mail on my laptop but when i took it to work now I can't send mail. every time I do I get this message. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'stmp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have read over previous answers and have tried almost every way to...
February 9th 10 06:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 349
Signature to replys by asiankelsey
Also, I got the signature stuff of course to work, But It only shows in my "composing messages". It doesnt show when I reply and all??? How do I set that? It only has in the box to "dont add to my forwars" and thats not checked.
February 9th 10 06:32 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
7 341
New by ddidzddiufrkicff cfdhssiegtdedghd.jjdxjxsxxcplcxkccvmccm c ofdckjckckckcvklccöl k cv
"ColemanRussell61" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
0 284
Windows mail won't send by SarahV
I can receive emails, but not send. I get this error message: Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 OK', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D Thanks.
February 9th 10 03:35 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
7 357
Problems closing Windows Mail by Teapot
When I try to close WM I get a box saying that WM has stopped working and Windows is looking for a solution. It then restarts and it is suggested I go to check for updates. I don't need to as I keep my computer up to date with all available updates but I did anyway and no updates were availoable. I have scanned for viruses etc but computer is clear. Could WM have become corrupted in some...
February 9th 10 08:40 AM
by anita[_4_] Go to last post
3 352
cant receive emails now by pixiechick
I have been able to receive emails until tonight. Account: 'pop-server.neo.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.neo.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
February 9th 10 08:08 AM
by Malte Blome Go to last post
3 315
I can't get email but I can send email. by ewarren
Will someone please help me out here,I have done everything I can think of to fix this.
February 9th 10 03:44 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 317
outlook express, some of my mails don't send by alan42
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'silver wedding', Account: 'POP3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 you are not allowed to send mail to ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 -- The same thing happens with some other messages but not all alan42
February 9th 10 02:14 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 326
Signature by asiankelsey
How do I make my signature change from regular font? I want to add colors and everything and a different font size, how do I do that?
February 9th 10 12:10 AM
by asiankelsey Go to last post
3 363
Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail by Horst Heinrich Dittgens
What's the difference?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 10 09:12 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
12 609
Using Contact Nicknames in Windows Mail by BulldogX
I had my old OE addressbook set up so that when I addressed an email, only the nickname (usually initials) appeared in the "TO" box of the form BT; CS; TM;, etc. However, in Windows Mail there appears to be no way to do this even though I have imported the OE addressbook. Now when I address an email, this appears in the "TO" box: Toms, Bob ; Smith, Charles...
February 8th 10 06:39 PM
by billsmith Go to last post
4 302
February 8th 10 08:51 AM
by César Francisco Go to last post
0 300
Windows Mail v. Windows Mail Live by Juls
Have Windows Mail on PC with Vista. New laptop has Windows 7. Want to access email from laptop but must download Windows Mail Live in order to do so. It forces me to change my email address to their default address at hotmail. There is no place for "other" and the ability to type in my own. Any ideas - besides buying a Mac that is?
February 8th 10 01:55 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 386
Solved: "Error importing to Windows contacts" by paul_la75
Hi, I wanted to post the solution to a strange problem I worked on, on a friend's computer running Vista... we were trying to import Outlook Express 6 contacts (from another machine) into Windows Mail on Vista. Went through the usual export/import procedure using a .wab file, and here's what would happen: the import would start, and would pop up a warning about a contact that didn't have an...
February 8th 10 01:14 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 402
Contacts failed to load !! by sasha
Dear friend I have windows Vista Ultimate edition. One day when I try to open my windows email I faced with these error messages : 1- Contacts failed to load, 2- windows mail could not be started. the application was unable to initialize the windows contacts. your computer may be out of memory or you disk is full (0x8004104e) 3- windows mail could not be started because MSOE.dll...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 10 12:53 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
11 719
Cannot Send out e-mail, but Can receive by mchen39084
My Window Mail functioned well last night. However, it does not send e-mail out The error message is as follows. The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' February newsletter', Account: 'pop-server.nycap.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.nycap.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help.
February 8th 10 12:43 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 352
Windows Mail could not be started by Betsy
Unlike others who get the message: Windows Mail could not be started. Initialize junk filtering. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full (0x80004005) I am not using McAfee, I'm using Norton. Been using Vista for a couple of years, know my disk is not full, know I'm not out of memory and am baffled!! Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 8th 10 12:02 AM
by a Go to last post
33 1,510
Windows Mail by Lisa Piarote
I am trying to send mail for Windows Mail and it is asking for the incoming and outgoing server information. What do I do to find this information? I am trying to send an attachment to a friend and can't do it. Also the spell check is not working, it says that the language in not correct. What does that mean and how do I fix it? Please help. Lisa
February 7th 10 11:23 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post

From The