Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
windows mail by mbell
I have lost several (not all) emails from a folder I created long ago. the message says Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. Also, I cannot delete these messages.
February 7th 08 02:43 PM
by No Name Go to last post
6 526
Deletes Mail by itself? by willows
Hi, I have been using windows mails for almost 1.5 yrs now with no problems...till about 3 weeks ago. When I download my messages, if i look at it, and move onto another, its Gone. Its not even going into the deleted bin or junk mail folder. Its just plain gone. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks Darlene
February 7th 08 02:05 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 327
outlook 2007 in window vista by allure
i am running window vista and after setting my outlook mail which is office 2007 ..and creating a password for it ...i get every now and then a pop up box called personal folders telling me to put my password ...and when i do it goes... but then again after a while it pops again asking me the same again any idea to why this happens and to how i can stop it from poping up every now and...
February 7th 08 01:37 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 310
deleting/editing contacts by Paul
I have ben unable to delete or edit contacts in my Windows Mail running on Vista. Any comments?
February 7th 08 01:24 PM
by No Name Go to last post
7 329
Hallo by Ich
Ja ich komm auch gleich zur Sache ne also jetzt geht es auch schon Los Hallo
February 7th 08 01:17 PM
by Leonard H. Kane Go to last post
1 398
stationary by totalbtm1a
I accidently deleled the stationary folder. Is there way to recreate it?
February 7th 08 01:04 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 330
attachments sending help by ScottM
Is there a setting somewhere in Windows mail where you determine who large of a file you can attach and send? i cannot seem to send anything over around 2mb. Oh, and i've already got the virus protection stuff off, so it's not that. and i've got the setting that determines how long it should try sending before timing out, set to the longest allowable time. And, if i log into the webmail...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 08 12:59 PM
by No Name Go to last post
20 915
Importing Address book from pst files into windows email. by Faith[_2_]
I have just started with vista windows email. i have my address book from outlook express saved as a pst file on my desktop. How can i import this to my new address book? I have tried the importy tool with no avail. -- Faith
February 7th 08 12:42 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 374
email by Ton
I am trying to retrieve email from my computer that has Vista installed onto my other computer with windows XP. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
February 7th 08 12:04 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 413
help by josh
im trying to set up windows mail , i got all the way done and was using it then it starting asking me for my user name and password . i was so stressed did not know what else to do so i erased it . please can u help me set it up the right way
February 7th 08 11:51 AM
by No Name Go to last post
3 500
sending copies of e-mail by sunnyface
I'm using Vista Winows Mail. Can anyone tell me if I can send e-mails and copies to other recipricants showing their names only. My e-mails show the name, then the full e-mail address - not good if you are forwarding, or sending a copy. I went into "headers" for the Bcc title hoping this would solve it, but still showing the name and address. When I was using Incredimal, I was able to...
February 7th 08 11:43 AM
by sunnyface Go to last post
6 417
windows mail by carol
The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Can anyone tell me what this means? I went from outlook on my old computer to this one on vista. It works sporadically. I'm currently using yahoo but when i try to send...
February 7th 08 08:48 AM
by Gene[_2_] Go to last post
3 351
Receiving Mail by Rudi
Cannot seem to receive any messages through my bellsouth server when using windows mail. The mail is there on the bellsouth server when I log into webmail. I have been able to send mail, however not sure if it is being received on the other end. Here is the error message: Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 08 08:44 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
11 523
Problem sending and receiving email with Windows Mail by spamathews
I am having trouble sending and receiving email using Windows Mail with Vista. I have tried a variety of possible solutions including uninstalling Norton360 and changing settings, but without success. Can anyone please help me figure out what to do. Here are the 2 error messages: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Rusten's Photo', Account: 'suddenlink.net', Server:...
February 7th 08 08:39 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 313
active sync with window calendar and contacts by Doug T[_2_]
Can I sync with windows calendar and contacts rather than outlook? thanks for the help.
February 7th 08 08:26 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 407
te amo by fatima
oi filha vc esta bem
February 7th 08 03:27 AM
by fatima Go to last post
0 293
Can't send or receive mail from your ISP try this by Rich Lineberger
try setting the following parameters 1.)put your entire email address in the General tab ..... i,e 2.) in the servers tab uncheck the " Logon on using Secure Password Authentication" but do set the username and password fields and set the parameters in the Outgoing mail Server field. 3.) in the connections tab set the 'Always connect to this account using' Locan...
February 7th 08 01:00 AM
by Rich Lineberger Go to last post
0 290
I cannot receive any attachments on windows mail by Omni
I have Windows Mail as my e-mail and are currently working in Vista but when I send e-mails from work to my home PC with any attachments I can receive the e-mail but not attachments appear. I have switched of the default in the security section in tools but still no joy. Can anyone help.
February 6th 08 11:39 PM
by No Name Go to last post
4 401
read messages by jerrbear
There's something funny going on with my read messages. After I read them, the last ones that were delivered always tend to go back to marking themselves as unread. I've changed the option of marking messages as read to after 3 seconds and it does. But it always goes back to being unread until the next set of messages comes in. Any suggestions on how to keep them marked as read? --...
February 6th 08 11:33 PM
by jerrbear Go to last post
0 267
New computer with Vista -- Error message trying to send emails by rushfan2112
The following message appears when trying to send emails. My default email provider is webmail.bellsouth.net Connection to server has failed. Account: 'webmail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'webmail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port 110, Secure (SSL): No, Socket error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I don't know if I have things set up correctly with this new computer, and I am NEW to...
February 6th 08 10:42 PM
by No Name Go to last post

From The