Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
set up email by mik
my msn email stoped working..tried to re-set up..keeps saying POP3 cannot be found...got to tools...accounts..etc..won't let me set up.any thoughts..mike
September 2nd 10 04:53 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 312
Server by Don Ferguson
My computer can not find the POP3 server
September 2nd 10 04:51 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 392
can't send email by mrgordos
still can't send email, but can recieve it. i have checked my servers and re-set my account.this just started happening today and when i get the pop up to enter my user name and password i press cancel and get the box that shows the error but the box is blank.it seems lots of people are having this problem so is it a windows mail problem? i've never had this problem before today.
September 2nd 10 04:46 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 339
can't send emails; get the following.... by bobmorgan
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was...
September 2nd 10 04:33 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 356
gmail and pop settings by Jacked
Account: 'Gmail', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 7pf12721698qwb.1', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 I can send but cannot recieve. I have went through the setup step by step and still cant get mail out...Any ideas?
September 2nd 10 04:27 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 424
Pop-up box by Millie
Why am i being asked by Windows Security to verify my user name and passoword (in the little dialog box with the daisy in it)? I type in my q.com address and my password and it just pops up empty again. It won't let me into my mail. Nothing sends and nothing comes in either. The Qwest people resolved a different error message issue for me yesterday, but this problem seems to be with Windows...
September 2nd 10 01:45 AM
by Dave N9 Go to last post
2 380
Can't Delete an Email from my outbox and can't send emails by Shruti
Please help, Can't send emails from windows mail and can' delete the problem email. Regards Shruti
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 10 08:25 PM
by bill Go to last post
17 801
This message just started coming when trying to send e mails by Jim & Marcie
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Read: FM Mini Marathon', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550,...
September 1st 10 07:20 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 498
Windows Mail - Can send, but not receive mail by Rick
Problem started today. When I open Windows Mail and click on Send and Receive the information window just flashes quickly and no mail is received. I've checked all settings in account.
September 1st 10 07:10 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 356
Require Help by Sam Koo
Hi But I cannot send out email as the error message read this: Account: 'pop3.gmail.com ', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 Pls help. Many thanks.
September 1st 10 07:00 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 538
I can't send an e-mail by maruja
I'm trying to send an e-mail and it returns to undelivered mail to sender with this message: The mail system : host 157.100.1.2 said: 554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command) What this means and what I can do?
September 1st 10 06:59 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 314
Windows Live Messenger update - can it be undone? by DawnMarie
Hi, I made the mistake earlier of updating my windows live messenger. This one little click managed to mess up...err... change settings in IE and my windows live mail. Now suddenly I am unable to access my msn & hotmail accounts via windows live mail, where I could without incent prior to this update. Is there a way to undo this update that will replace my prior settings? Thanks! -dawn
September 1st 10 06:42 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 332
windows mail by themanofsteel01
couldn't use yahoo mail with windows anymore. tried to set up my gmail account with windows mail andstill can't send e-mail. error message. Subject '', Account: 'E-Mail', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
September 1st 10 04:49 PM
by Dave N9 Go to last post
1 347
hey by mark/Kelly Adamson
qwerty
September 1st 10 02:41 PM
by gus Go to last post
1 327
newsgroup - rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic by MaryJ
Where has it gone????
September 1st 10 12:45 PM
by Dave N9 Go to last post
1 311
Preview pane blank by Alice
Suddenly my preview pane is blank, nothing. After several seconds the bar with To, From, etc. appears, and it shows the attachment paper clip. Sometimes I can hit that paper clip to see the message and sometimes it says it can't find the attachment. What is going on here and how do I make it start acting right again????
September 1st 10 11:02 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 354
thuis language is no longer avaible by Richard
i have read some answer you guys have given i still don't know how to change the optione with my spelling
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 1st 10 04:33 AM
by Robert Miles[_2_] Go to last post
401 7,359
winmail.dat by Prius90
I get some e-mail with winmail.dat in the 'Attachment' line and nothing will open them...even if they are in 'Word'. Most things are opened with Adobe, but 'Word' isn't listed as as option to use. I have Vista, thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 10 03:17 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
10 664
My windows Mail by fraser5150
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account:...
August 31st 10 10:14 PM
by Cathy Brennan Go to last post
3 380
Windows Mail by themanofsteel01
worked fine before. now all of the sudden I can't send e-mail. Getting error notice.
August 31st 10 10:10 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The