Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can't see pictures that are embedded in my mail by Hermioneoncall
When I open my mail and there are pictures that are in my mail it comes up with a box and an X in it. Why is that and can it be fixed
June 24th 07 10:00 AM
by Ron Sommer Go to last post
4 274
can't get my windows vista e-mail started by dhenson
can anybody give me any tips on how to get it started ???. i have tried everything. i don't know what else to do...
June 24th 07 05:38 AM
by ...winston Go to last post
1 258
Windows Mail send/receive random behaviour by Sharon Byrne
Hi - In windows mail, it will only work for sure after I open it. Occassionally when I press send/receive it will work but thats if I lucky. Generally I have to close it and open again then click on send/receive when it opens. My defaults are check for messages every 3 minutes, send and receive at start up, send messages immediately. I have uninstalled Norton, turned off windows...
June 24th 07 05:11 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 249
Choosing multiple contacts by Sally
With XP/Outlook express, I could choose more than one contact when creating/forwarding mail, now I have to chose one person at a time. This is very time consuming, how do I fix this?
June 24th 07 04:21 AM
by Sally Go to last post
0 278
Help with Vista Premium Windows Mail Please by SHb
I have a new Desktop Computer with Windows Vista Premium. I set up Windows Mail / News and subscribed to some newsgroups. When using E mail or newsgroups: I keep getting prompted for user name and password (every minute or so). What's up with that? Sometimes when I am typing a post in a newsgroup I look up and the password prompt is there and I am typing my post in the password box.
June 24th 07 02:46 AM
by SHb Go to last post
0 270
Converting from XP Outlook 2003 to VISTA by mc
To migrate contacts from Outlook 2003 to VISA, is there a better way then mapping csv files?
June 23rd 07 11:15 PM
by Pete F. Go to last post
3 296
gmail by Metalwood Fusion
I am trying to put my gmail address into windows mail and its a nightmare I've entered the correct pop nos and smtp in but still no good it sent 1 message won't receive and now won't do either all info from gmail has been entered what am I doing wrong? Why have MS tried to re-invent the wheel???????? Thanks Andy
June 23rd 07 11:06 PM
by ...winston Go to last post
2 411
Whom to contact regarding XP soundrecorder and Vista Audiorecorder by M&S Benseler
Dear Team, Whom do I need to contact concerning questions on XP soundrecorder and Vista Audiorecorder I was using the XP sound recorder a lot. Now in Vista I can only find the Audio recorder who can do basically nothing. Also a lot of traks that I recorded cannot be played back anymore. Please help.
June 23rd 07 10:46 PM
by Don Varnau Go to last post
1 258
Cannot send email at all! by SuzieS
Hey guys, Have set up windows mail as per instructions from webmail site re server names etc. I can now however only receive mail not send. Have contacted webmail site for assistance and explained the problem. Am not the most computer literate person in the world so am hoping that there's something really simple that I'm missing! Have trawled through help and support pages for days and...
June 23rd 07 10:30 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
3 252
Messages stuck in my outbox by Jenn
Ok, so I downloaded WMUtil, and followed all the steps given in a previous post, but it is not working. It isn't lighting up the "Clear Outbox" box. How long does it take for that to become an option? Are there any other solutions??
June 23rd 07 09:47 PM
by SAS Go to last post
4 250
Puzzling View problem by Gerry Cornell
Imported messages from Windows Mail and Outlook Express 6 into Windows Mail. Merged imported messages into local folder. Selecting Show All Messages all messages were visible. Selecting Group Messages by Conversation and imported messages did not display. Reviewed carefully all known reasons why they might not display revealing no explanation. Compacted and no change. Is this a known bug?
June 23rd 07 09:35 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
4 250
Convert Outlook 2003 to Windows Mail by kbellinger
How do I convert Outlook 2003 mail files to Vista Windows Mail? My OE 2003 files are on an XP desktop and my windows mail is on a Vista notebook.
June 23rd 07 09:21 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
4 248
Contact groups by bikeman
How do I get my contact groups from OE to Win Mail? I have tried exporting contacts as a csv and importing but none of the contacts in the groups were imported at all. So I cant even rebuild them manually. Dont want to be sarcastic but vista is a real disappointment - it's like xp not as good. And why isn't it easier to migrate OE settings?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 07 09:19 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
10 364
Windows Mail dead after updates by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista Mail newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org Michael wrote: I downloaded updates KB931768, KB890830, KB934062, KB934393, and KB931906 back in may and after they were installed it made Windows Mail extremely slow and very unresponive. Since I could not uninstall the updates with
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 07 09:07 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
18 504
MS word 2003 as email editor by Anna
how do i get my emails to be edited by word as i type? couldn't find the option under tools.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 07 09:04 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
10 458
Cannot start new message. by Digital_Mike
When I click on new message the square appears in white and then freezes up the program. After this occurs Windows Mail will either completely restart or pop up with an error acknowledgement and then restart. Is there a way to correct this proble, reinstall windows mail, or something? All searches for the answer have been fruitless.
June 23rd 07 09:00 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
4 265
Deleted emails by DB
In cleaning up and deleting previous emails apppended in the the current last one, I have lost them entirely! There was no warninginal copy would be lost. Is there any way to retrieve deleted bits of emails? Take care!! Db
June 23rd 07 08:53 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
3 233
microsoft newsgroups by Just Plain Rick
how do i get my microsoft newsgroup account back. evidently i have deleted it. now that i know what they are i would like to read them again. -- Thats my story and I''m sticking to it.
June 23rd 07 08:50 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
7 260
Network Neutrality by Kay Clark
Maybe this isn't the correct forum to send this message but I couldn't find a better one. The following is excerpted from www.savetheinternet.com What is this about? When we log onto the Internet, we take a lot for granted. We assume we'll be able to access any Web site we want, whenever we want, at the fastest speed, whether it's a corporate or mom-and-pop site. We assume that we can use...
June 23rd 07 08:22 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 318
Unable to send email to craigslist.org ? by Gene
When I click on a link, on a craigslist.org page, the resulting email is returned. My old XP Pro email worked fine, my Yahoo email client works fine, it's only the new Vista "Windows Mail" Version 6 that has the problem. I'm sure that there are settings that I can make in my Vista Home Premium of the Microsoft Mail - I just have not been able to find them yet. I turned off the firewall...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 07 08:22 PM
by Gene Go to last post

From The