Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
URLs in HTML email often don't work by Joe[_25_]
Anybody notice how if you put URLs in HTML emails, they don't work? The HTML code adds a lot of alphanumeric stuff in front of the URL so it can't be located. I don't recall this problem prior to Vista Mail. So, if I want to be sure they'll work I'll have to turn off the HTML. Or, I'll save it as a draft then see if the URLS work- if they work in the draft folder, they'll usually work...
December 13th 09 02:56 PM
by VistaRookie[_565_] Go to last post
9 291
Not able to send attachments since installing last windows updates by ladycrash
Error Message: Subject 'music, see if it works.', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 I never had trouble sending larger attachments before the most recent windows updates. I seem to receive them just fine. Among the updates, was an update for windows mail junk email filter. Didn't
December 13th 09 06:14 AM
by I Go to last post
2 320
Email messages not opening correctly by Noni
I have exactly this same (below) problem submitted by "Wander"; I have reviewed the helpful responses. I have been on Vista for 1.5 years (and, therefore, Windows Mail. This problem has just occurred in past few days. I checked just now in Windows Updates and find that IE8 shows that it was installed 8/22/09 - today!!!???? I was under the impression that I had been using IE8 for some...
December 12th 09 11:27 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
9 395
Cannot send to Groups since last Microsoft update by J. Wood
Cannot send email to my groups in either Windows Mail (Vista) or on an older computer using XP and outlook express. No changes in that computer in over 6 months. I can send to individuals....just not groups. Groups number less then 20 people.
December 12th 09 10:05 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 280
Cannot Send E-Mail Windows Mail by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Doh! I'd never /dream/ that was for real! Nice catch! Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote: Illegal email address. You have the words "E-mail address:" as part of the email address. "SRRHickory" wrote in message ... Suddenly we cannot send e-mail from our desktop. I can use webmail
December 12th 09 07:00 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 292
I cannot get by RUSSELL CHANEY
I cannot get my email to work I donot understand why you changed me from what I had I did not want an up grade know it does not work how do I get this to go I'm 84 years old this new suff has me mixed up cna you call me and walk me thru
December 12th 09 06:37 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 300
Can't log in - host could not be found by mrsc
Everytime I attempt to log in the following error message appears- The host 'mail.btinternet.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D It only started happening yesterday evening after working fine all day. I'm certain it...
December 12th 09 06:34 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 301
removed windows live by Yukon2007
how do I undo the removal of a program that I removed through my control panel I removed windows live. It appeared that I had two window email program. I want to use window live Homail.com but I would keep getting windows live.com. I had to go around and open msn then go to mail and log in to get around that. I finally removed windows live now it seems I no longer have the program installed....
December 12th 09 05:59 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
2 322
Delete specific message by Norm
How do I delete the following message: "The requested tasks were completed successfully"
December 12th 09 05:52 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
1 287
Windows Mail Export... by zbowdawg
When using the Windows Mail Export feature, where is the export file stored so I can find it to import to another mail program?
December 12th 09 05:48 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 266
December 12th 09 05:45 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
4 354
Cannot send e-mail by Frank Brasacchio
I get the message- The host 'STMP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
December 12th 09 05:28 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 300
All messages are the same... by zbowdawg
ok... I have rebuilt my message store several times, but eventually what happens is that when I go in to read a message, all the mesages become the same message except for the Subject line. What is causing the message store to continually become corrupt and how can I prevent it from continually happening? It's not that the messages are the same, they were correct when I originally received...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 09 05:27 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
10 498
messagerie orange by Renée Gilbert
Mes messages n'arrivent pas sur ma messagerie Windows Mail. Cependant le compte est correct. Merci Renée
December 12th 09 03:12 PM
by Luc Go to last post
1 316
antivirus AVG et email sortant by Elaine[_7_]
"Elaine" wrote in message news:... What -- ashvin Hello???
December 12th 09 12:40 PM
by Elaine[_7_] Go to last post
0 258
antivirus AVG et email sortant by gerard
bonsoir, comment configurer windows mail pour que Avg scanne email sortant? merci
December 12th 09 09:11 AM
by Elaine[_7_] Go to last post
8 383
Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery by elmalop
I need help. When I click on the "email" option in Windows Photo Gallery I'm given the "size" option, I click on "attach" and then I'm sent to a blank page whose tab reads, http://compose...cldefstat=Def1. I am not directed to an email address box. I would really appreciate any info. Thanks! -- elmalop Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
December 12th 09 06:54 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
5 273
include gif file in reply by Randy Hall
How do I make Windows Mail include a .gif file when I reply and do an Insert/Text from File, and the file is an html file that includes a sound file and a .gif file? The sound works, but WM does not include the .gif file. The source shows SRC="" and no .gif file name.. Thanks
December 11th 09 10:07 PM
by VistaRookie[_560_] Go to last post
6 382
Sending Emails by Paul
Hi I have a problem with sending my email to certain addresses. Sometimes it works and other times it does not. I get the following message. An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: The Lone Ranger', Account: 'mail.noppen.com.au', Server: 'mail.noppen.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B In the past I have exited windows mail and re opened it,...
December 11th 09 08:36 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 274
typing glitches in Windows Mail by VINOSABE
annoying recent development...after composing an email, if I go back /click / move cursor to insert a word or a punctuation (NOT highlighting anything), often (but now always) the new word I am entering "gobbles" the text already written that follows on that line, letter by letter, space by space, character by character... If I type in a 5 letter word, the next five letters or spaces...
December 11th 09 08:14 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post

From The