Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
windows mail error message by lucyAndrews
i cannot send and recieve mail and keep getting the same error message posted below any ideas?? The host 'pop.orangehome.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
August 28th 10 06:14 PM
by Gabriel de Sousa Go to last post
4 365
i cant send or recieve messages in windows mail by mickymoz
i keep gwetting this message The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
August 28th 10 05:51 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 403
Multiples of Same Email Addresses for a Contact by ADKR
Somehow I have ended up with 2 - 4 of the same email address for every contact. When I enter a name in the To: line I get a box asking me to choose which of the email addresses I want to use. But, they are all the same. I have tried to locate the file with multiple entries, but when I open Contacts there is only on email listed. Where can I find the multiple entries and delete them? ...
August 28th 10 04:16 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 327
Cannot Delete Unsent Message by Sid-M
I tried to send a message in Windows Mail with too large a file attachment. The message cannot be sent because the attachment is too large. Every time I close Windows Mail I get the message: "You have unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now?" If I answer "Yes," I get the same error message. The message is no longer in my Outbox so I can't just delete it. I get the same error...
August 28th 10 04:00 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 301
Error Message: 0x800CC90 by Bruce Hagen[_2_]
Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. What are you doing when you see this error message? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP +AFs-Mail+AF0- Imperial Beach, CA
August 28th 10 03:40 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
0 318
Error Message: 0x800CC90 by Morland
I suddenly started receiving this message and one e-mail is not processed. Others are processed but after I delete them and press "send/receive" they re-appear with the same error message. How can I fix this problem?
August 28th 10 03:31 PM
by Morland Go to last post
0 365
Cannot Delete Unsent Message by Bruce Hagen[_2_]
The message may be there even if you don't actually see it. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP +AFs-Mail+AF0-
August 28th 10 03:22 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
0 364
I can send e-mails but cannot receive them+ACEAIQAhACE- by Bruce Hagen[_2_]
Logon to your server's Webmail site. The first message that did not download, (+ACM-16 of 69 perhaps?), is probably very large or corrupt. Read it and delete it there. E-mail scanning is not needed and has never been compatible with any MS e-mail client. Come of this applies to Outlook Express, but is the same for Windows Mail. Turning off e-mail scanning is safe. See:
August 28th 10 03:21 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
0 362
How to stop Windows mail from blocking legitimate emails? by csmitn
i have added the "from address, to Safe Sender List", and also added the "Domain to the Safe Senders List", checked that they are not in "Blocked Sender List", but still are being blocked. these 3 are the main email address's/domains i would like to "UN-BLOCK". help.. GoErie.com GoErie.com
August 28th 10 01:00 PM
by don Go to last post
9 358
Converting Windows (Vista) Mail to Mac Mail by scout27
Does anyone know how this can be done. I can't find anything anywhere that helps me export my folders and messages out of Windows Mail and then Import them into Mac Mail. thanx -- scout27
August 28th 10 12:12 PM
by riomagic Go to last post
4 344
problema windows mail by [email protected]
"scughy" wrote: non riesco ad entrare in windows mail ? quando lo apro mi da impossibile avviare windows mail
August 28th 10 08:28 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 311
Importing msn email address book into windows live account by jawjajon
..I just opened a win live email account and don't want to type in all the addresses i have in my MSN account. How can I just have them imported or transfered. -- Thanks, John
August 28th 10 04:28 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 293
Error sending messages on Windows Mail by Bill Myers
Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account. Error message is as follows -- Unknown error has occurred - Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net Protocol: SMTP" Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised Port: 587 Secure (SSL): Yes
August 28th 10 04:18 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 286
error code ox8oocccof removal by Anthony Mofokeng
From: "Lew" Subject: error 0x800CCC0F Date: Monday, August 23, 2010 4:55 AM Dear Team; I am receiving the following error messages, please assist Could result be sent to regards Lew
August 28th 10 04:16 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 290
can't send mail by Millie
This error message comes and goes. Sometimes I can send with no problem and then all of a sudden I am blocked again. The error message reads: "An unknown error has occurred..." It is called Server Error 550; Error#0X800CCC69; Protocol SMTP; Server Response 550 5.3.4; and "Requested action not taken; Port 25 Secure (SSL)" Then it says if I think I have not violated some regulation to contact...
August 28th 10 04:07 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 291
"*.pps is not a valid Win32 application" error message by RaeWeniger
When I try to open a .pps file attached to an email message in Windows Mail the following error message is returned: "*.pps is not a valid Win32 application" I am using Windows Powerpoint Viewer 2007, and if the file is saved to the hard drive, I can open it just fine by launching the viewer and searching through the many pps files.....but I want to open attachments from Windows Mail!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 28th 10 04:05 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
22 921
windows mail being blocked by RIDICULOUS
I CAN'T STAND THIS COMPUTER MUCH MORE - KEEPS BLOCKING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT - THIS WILL BE THE LAST ONE I BUY - FIX IT NOW - PLEASE.,
August 28th 10 04:00 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 318
Having trouble sending email from windows mail by JDE
This is the error message that I receive when I try and send and email. What does it mean? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 28th 10 03:20 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
10 593
windovs mail by [email protected]
"zoran" wrote: cao sladjane sta radis jel spavas
August 28th 10 12:58 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 293
hey by Harley