Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Looking for a better email application - Windows 7 by smlunatick
I recently went to Vista and Microsoft Mail. Very easy to use and I like the layout. I am now working on going to Windows 7, sometime, and I am looking for a different email program. I have tried Windows Live Mail but I do not like it. Hate the fact that it appears to need to log on to Hotmail / MSN / Live first and I do not like the layout. What can anyone recommend?
December 21st 12 06:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 637
problems sending e-mail by chrither
When I attempt to send email I get error Message: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail...
November 28th 12 08:04 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 478
Windows Mail and INDOWS 8 by Walt
Will Windows Mail (not Windows Live Mail) work in Windows 8? Thanks
November 25th 12 05:20 PM
by Joe[_28_] Go to last post
3 420
October 10th 12 04:12 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 451
October 10th 12 03:33 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 335
Windows Mail account details disappeared by Ian F.
Really odd - when I booted up today my username/password details for Windows Mail email and Usenet accounts had vanished! Can anyone shed any light? Many thanks in advance, Ian
September 3rd 12 10:14 PM
by Ian F. Go to last post
2 371
Encrypted Mail Set Up by species8350
Hi, I would like to send encrypted mail and am trying to set up a Digital ID. On using the Wizard, I am having difficulty at the stage where I am asked to specify a file to import. Can someone advise. I also note that I have a number of certificates in Intermediate Certificate Authorities, and Trusted Root ..., nothing in Personal,
May 1st 12 03:06 AM
by species8350 Go to last post
0 451
web mail send and receive errors old sbcglobal account by marieanddan
I'm hitting the following errors trying to send and receive email.. I talked to att support and they 'cleaned up' the servers as some were pointing to some old sbc servers. Here are the two errors: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: ', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10013, Error...
March 12th 12 01:55 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
3 522
Windows Mail by R.Kantas
I would like to read out all my Windows Vista Mail emails in an automated process and storing them as .eml files. (If there would be a Visual asic code example I would be happy to get it but I don't believe that.) Looking at my mail directory I found that only some of the internal mail directories and mails are stored as file directories and .eml files, so it would be sufficient for me to...
February 24th 12 02:13 PM
by R.Kantas Go to last post
4 377
hi there everyone please to help me out here by pukhtoon khan
configaration Account imap gmal com server imap gmail com user name port;993 secure (ssl);1 Code;800cccdf
February 23rd 12 04:27 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 308
Thumbs up
Vista password reset tool by brandonadedw
There are many commercial Vista password reset tool, such as Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 . With this software, you can easily login your PC by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive. Step1. Download Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 and Burn a CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive to reset lost Windows Vista password. Step2. Set your target computer to boot from CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive. Step3....
February 1st 12 02:38 AM
by brandonadedw Go to last post
0 315
Can't send email by David Moore
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
January 31st 12 12:30 PM
by HAQIF SHABANI HAQIF Go to last post
6 415
incoming messages just disappear,but can send messages by william dollimore
As i just installed windows live Mail,i received 2740 messages but can'be see in the INbox, Now i receive mail,but they can't be read .i see some action,but those messages just disappear. What's going on.Settings are really ok. william dollimore
January 28th 12 05:40 PM
by AL KIRSCHNER Go to last post
2 371
Two address lists by k
If Iclick the 'contacts' icon in windows mail I have a complete list of all my addresses. However if I click 'Create Mail' and then in the new message panel I click the 'To' button I am presented with a much lesser list of addresses. This of course can be frustrating. I would be obliged if anybody can explain the anomaly. Thanking you in anticipation John King
January 15th 12 08:39 PM
by k Go to last post
0 332
Cannot attach Word document to e-mail by Bob Holland[_2_]
I have Windows Mail which came with Vista. I am trying to attach a Word 2007 document to an outgoing e-mail but I get error warning that Windows mail cannot find the file. I've tried everything - is it just that Windows Mail will not allow Word attachments (all other files such as jpg's etc. are no problem.
January 7th 12 11:24 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 303
can't send but can receive by Todd 17
I've read many many posts on this and have tried many of the suggestions, but no luck. Below is my error message. If you can help, thank you very much. Subject ' soccer', Account: 'mail.ntelos.net', Server: 'mail.ntelos.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15
December 31st 11 10:21 PM
by Bill Walsh[_2_] Go to last post
9 461
Change the footnote? by Bill Walsh[_2_]
How can I change the message footnote to upgrade to a new address? -- Bill Walsh-
November 15th 11 05:44 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 281
Big Bertha Thing progress by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing progress Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/progress.html Access page to 6K Web page Astrophysics net ring access site Newsgroup Reviews including uk.transport The Progress of Discontent
October 31st 11 07:36 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 312
Big Bertha Thing pin-wheel by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing pin-wheel Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/pinwheel.html Access page JPG 17K Image Astrophysics net ring access site Newsgroup Reviews including talk.politics.guns Detail from frontspiece painting showing, so called pin-wheel rickshaw
October 2nd 11 04:33 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 790
Big Bertha Thing coil by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing coil Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/coil.html Access page JPG 9K Image Astrophysics net ring access site Newsgroup Reviews including alt.politics Two drawings of a Gyroscopic Top complete with coil.
August 30th 11 10:38 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post

From The