Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
turboIRC by http://www.heartseed.org
turboIRC was removed from my computer, but on every reboot it is causing windows mail to start with a message to send to turboIRC bug report..I can't seem to be able to turn off windows mail as noted for help in vista... thx lee
September 4th 06 03:20 PM
by http://www.heartseed.org Go to last post
0 517
Mail toolbar customization by Jeff
Hi, Noticed in RC1 that the custom toolbar settings are still messed up- Won't save them. Anyone else have this problem? Jeff
September 5th 06 02:50 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
2 478
OEToolV update by Steve Cochran
http://www.oehelp.com/oetoolv.zip Just as ugly as ever: Note the configuration. You have to enable the Views Bar via View | Layout and then you have to drag it down so it forms a full horizontal window below the main toolbar.
September 5th 06 12:06 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 503
Contacts List by Spirefm
The contacts list now has images added against each name. This makes the list much bigger and thus slower to find people. The images are all the same which makes trhe whole idea pointless. How can i get rid of these images? I realise that in future one might be able to put an real image against people in the list, but I don't want them.
September 5th 06 06:45 PM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
5 534
is there Yenc yet in Vista mail? by Charlie
Has this Usenet standard compression method been added to Vista mail? -- Charlie
September 5th 06 06:46 PM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
1 499
Server Error-Windows Mail by Jeff
Hi, I'm trying to send a new post and am getting the following error: Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'Hi-test', Account: 'xxxxxxx.microsoft.com', Server: 'xxxxxxxx.microsoft.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 (502) Article Rejected -- Access Denied.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9. It's to access a beta I,m...
September 6th 06 10:27 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
6 612
Windows Media Center crashes on me. by Taylor Karras
It's a recent bug I just found out, Whenever I start Windows Media Center, It crashes on me and gives me a blue screen, Who of you had the same effect?
September 7th 06 08:09 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 597
How do I make the subject font bigger in newsgroups by Leadfoot
before I go blind!!!!!!
September 7th 06 01:28 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE Go to last post
1 515
2 annoying things to me by Vaanoor
Unless I have missed an option, every time you right click the Deleted Items folder Windows Live Beta will automatically OPEN the folder. I clear my Deleted Items folder (that is why I am right clicking it!) therefore I do not need it opened... the only mail in there is what I want to delete during that session. When in the Junk folder and opening a piece of mail that turns out to not be...
September 7th 06 03:39 PM
by Vaanoor Go to last post
0 504
Where's my Inbox? by Natalie
maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to find the folder for my inbox in Windows live Mail Desktop. If anybody can help me that would be great. Also, why is it that in windows live mail when I open the junk mail folder the top message opens. The point of the junk mail folder is to filter out spam that may be dangerous if opened. So doesn't microsoft defeat the whole pupose of having a junk...
September 7th 06 05:17 PM
by Natalie Go to last post
0 483
Why no Windows Live Integration with Windows Mail & Contacts??? by UKNCDC
It seems to me that WM & WC should both sync with hotmail and live contacts the way Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta does, in fact I think Vista should replace windows mail with Windows Live Mail, this seems like such a no brainer, why was this not done, is Microsoft waiting to charge for it like the .MAC service. How can the replacement for Outlook Express NOT support...
September 7th 06 08:45 PM
by UKNCDC Go to last post
0 433
Don`t work behind ms proxy 2.0 by Carlos Esquerre
Hi, I`m in a LAN with MS Proxy 2.0. Until Beta 2 and interim buids, Windows Mail work fine with MS proxy 2.0 client installed. Now I installed RC1 and it doesn`t work any more. Any solution? Thanks Carlos Esquerré
September 7th 06 09:35 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
6 563
message rules? by dotcom
Are message rules not implemented yet in Windows Mail? I tried to create a rule and when I went to click on the "specified" it would not hyperlink. I receve and error message that I have to click on it but nothing happens when I do. Using RC1 here. dotcom
September 8th 06 11:33 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
3 500
Outlook 2007 by Obialor
What is the file extenstion for Outlook 2007 data files. I suspect it is no longer .pst? I tried to import my data files into Outlook 2007 after re-install of RC1 and Ms Office 2007 and could not see where the files are located. Obi
September 9th 06 11:40 PM
by Jason Go to last post
1 521
Why no Windows Live Integration with Windows Mail & Contacts??? by UKNCDC
It seems to me that WM & WC should both sync with hotmail and live contacts the way Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta does, in fact I think Vista should replace windows mail with Windows Live Mail, this seems like such a no brainer, why was this not done, is Microsoft waiting to charge for it like the .MAC service. How can the replacement for Outlook Express NOT support...
September 10th 06 06:06 AM
by Go to last post
2 507
Import accounts by CopyRon
Is there away to import my accounts from OE which is on a seperate hard drive? -- It wasn't broke till I fixed it!!!
September 10th 06 06:54 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 505
Disabled links in Office 2007 by MJ
I am currently having a problem clicking any hyperlinks in office. Ithought it was just Outlook, but the other Office apps are behaving the same way. I an also running Vista RC1. Any help on enabling the hyperlinks would be greatly appreciated MJ
September 10th 06 08:27 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 524
Inbox question by scsisys
In XP and previous versions of Windows, whenever I opened OE it would automatically open and display the "Inbox" folder. Have looked for a setting within Windows Mail to accomplish this but have not found it. Is it possible ?? ray
September 11th 06 10:52 AM
by mac Go to last post
3 474
Junk Mail Filtering with Windows Mail in RC1 by Al Christoph
RC1 Web Mail Junk Mail filtering continues to function a previously reported for the August Bits. 1. I can't turn it off. 2. Nearly all the numerous piece of email i get from mailing lists show up in the junk folder. Details and samples to MS reps upon request. Regards, Al Christoph
September 11th 06 07:13 PM
by Al Christoph Go to last post
0 467
Quibble about up dating the folder contents in Web Mail. by Al Christoph
I'm running RC1 on a box that was rated 4 the last I looked. When I move large quantities of mail to a folder, 1. The folder contents list ripples in an eractic and ugly fashion. 2. I'm often left with larges gaps in the list like this. msg 1 msg 2
September 11th 06 07:16 PM
by Al Christoph Go to last post

From The