Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I CAN'T SEND OR RECEIVED EMAIL by jmsaby77
I am receiving these errors. I can still get my mail on the comcast web site. An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'help', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 avast! detected a collision with Norton Antivirus(processes:WinMail.exe, ccsvchst.exe)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 Account:...
April 2nd 11 05:15 PM
by Sheri Chase Go to last post
3 515
I like Vista .... not by Chuck[_7_]
Microsoft, in their wisdom, decided at some point in time, to idiot proof their software. In effect what they've done is made it more difficult to do things if you're not an idiot. Example, they've removed the file type tab from the folder options so now you have to go into the registry if you want to add more parameters rather than just the default exe to the "open with" settings. Another...
March 25th 11 02:59 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
5 540
Big Bertha Thing positron by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing positron Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/positron.html Access page JPG 56K Image Astrophysics net ring Access site Newsgroup Reviews including talk.politics.guns Round photographic plates.
March 22nd 11 07:00 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 555
March 21st 11 11:58 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
6 645
Error message "Message cannot be found" in one WM folder by Ian F.
I have several folders for mail and suddenly one of the folders appears to have become corrupt. All the message headers are still present but all message bodies read "Message cannot be found". An internet search reveals that some anti-virus programs can cause this - I am running Windows Security Essentials but can't see how this could suddenly have occurred. I checked in the message store...
March 14th 11 04:31 PM
by Ian F. Go to last post
0 483
Folder Structure Puzzle by Griffin[_2_]
I've just imported my old Outlook Express Folder Store into Windows Mail (Vista Business). I've got an extensive and complex folder structure so I copied/dragged/dropped stuff into a new top level directory within Windows Mail once it was all imported, creating some new sub-folders along the way. I then deleted all the "Import Folders". Finally I decided to export the new set up and all the...
March 14th 11 03:15 AM
by nick mason Go to last post
2 680
Windows Mail Folder Structure by DougR
I am using Windows Mail on a Vista Home Premium 32-bit computer. I imported some folders from Outlook Express and created others. When I look at the Local Folders folder, I see some folders with names I created, multiple folders with the same basic name and numbers after them, like "folder xy" and folder xy (1)." I also have a number of "Imported Folders" with alphanumeric characters at the...
March 14th 11 02:51 AM
by nick mason Go to last post
1 496
LOGIN IN PROBLEM by Pastor Richard Orozco
ALSO HAVING PROB LEM LOGGING IN PASSWORD AND E-MAIL IS CORRECT
March 11th 11 08:01 PM
by Robert Wolfe[_4_] Go to last post
7 744
windows mail failure by bill[_10_]
When I try to use windows mail with either google or verizon I get the following error code. socket error 10013 and error code 0x800ccc0e PLS HELP
March 6th 11 12:03 AM
by Robert Wolfe[_4_] Go to last post
2 478
contacts by Chuck[_7_]
Is there a way to show your contacts list in the navigation pane.
February 24th 11 10:11 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
6 650
Big Bertha Thing features by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing features Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/features.html 6K Web Page Astrophysics net ring access site Newsgroup Reviews including sci.space.policy Features, hyperbole and blurb, on the Pastures package and the quest.
February 20th 11 05:27 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 511
Export messages from Windows Mail to Outlook by Helen
I'm struggling to export my messages from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003 (which is installed and running on my computer). When I export to Microsoft Exchange format, the outlook.pst file is created in C:\User\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\..., not under "roaming" as described below. If I try to import this file into Outlook I get an error message "The source and destination folders...
February 15th 11 10:58 PM
by Enric Welay Go to last post
3 652
windows mail set up by isbitt040
Am trying to set up windows mail, however I keep getting the following box: LOG ON TO WINDOWS MAIL -please verify that the username and password are correct for your mail server- -- Which I complete and enter and then it comes back up. I have checked my username and reconfirmed my password, but I still get this box, Which
February 12th 11 02:43 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 498
Windows Live Mail by Rufus[_3_]
I recently downloaded the 2011 version. Now when I open it continually setsup the program. I have to wait before I can use it. How can I avoid that? I'd appreciate help here. Thank you
February 7th 11 04:13 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 469
I give up. What happened?--Bruce HagenMS-MVP [Mail]Imperial Beach,CA by Vee Morra
To Bruce Hagen: I just want you to know I fixed a problem following your advice on a March 02,2010 answer you gave and it save my life. THANK YOU!! On Monday, March 01, 2010 8:26 PM Bruce Hagen wrote: I give up. What happened? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Imperial Beach, CA
January 29th 11 09:41 PM
by Vee Morra Go to last post
0 429
Big Bertha Thing Extract by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing Extract Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/readme.html 6K Web Page Astrophysics net ring Access site Newsgroup Reviews including sci.astro.amateur Extract from Readme file to explain the Outlandish Particle Periodic Table.
January 22nd 11 09:04 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 456
error number 0x800ccc0e by Mugsy Mulligan
I am having problems with my email and web site. It seemsto work fine when i'm in the office but when I try to get emails from home Iget this error and my web page is not available. I can receive all on my mobile.
January 9th 11 07:32 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 383
Big Bertha Thing mathematics by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing mathematics Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/maths.html Access page to 600K ZIP file Astrophysics net ring access site Newsgroup Reviews including sci.physics.particle Postings potentially suitable for fowarding to;- 1.SRF Classical Mathematics
December 15th 10 07:35 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 507
I am receiving emails but cannot send using Vista and Windows mail by rcatonrealtor
Account: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Server: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
December 9th 10 03:35 PM
by Lydia Marcassa Go to last post
2 570
Windows Vista mail - Can't send mail by sawdustar[_3_]
Here's the message I'm getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject ' I found your profile on Ancestry - requesting more information', Account: 'Dennis', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Computer -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 7th 10 10:45 AM
by mac Go to last post
29 1,967