Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Minimize to tray by Kue2
How do I Minimize to tray winmail in RC1 ?
September 16th 06 08:42 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 504
Drafts do not delete after Sending by Rick Hallman
I worked on a post before rebooting and saved it in Drafts. When I rebooted, I finished the message and hit Send. A copy of the message stayed in the Drafts folder. Is this by design? I believe that my other email programs OE and Outlook both removed a message from Drafts when it was eventually Sent.
September 16th 06 08:54 PM
by Rick Hallman Go to last post
0 480
Automatic Blind copy with Vista Mail? by Mike Boreham
I keep my mail on three computers, and have always been able to automatically send a blind copy to myself to ensure a mail I send from one computer gets to the other two. Can't see a way to set this in Windows Mail. Help appreciated!
September 17th 06 10:55 AM
by Mike Boreham Go to last post
0 554
vista mail password error by cmr
my vista mail was working well until now. i changed my original password and ever since then i am getting this error message Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Username and password not accepted.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 everytime i click on send/recieve a window pops out asking...
September 18th 06 03:47 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
6 568
Following Links in email Office Outlook 2007 by ghost in the machine
Hi, when clicking to follow a link received in an email I get the following mesage. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I haven't set any restrictions, I am the administrator and the only user of this machine. I am running RC1, and haven't got a clue where to look to sort this out. Can anyone out there...
September 18th 06 04:26 PM
by ghost in the machine Go to last post
4 602
Completely Empty Email by Al
Yet another Windows Mail problem. First, a caveat. I had to kill Windows Mail because it was in an infinite loop as documented elsewhere. Now when i fire it up I get a bunch of completely empty (0 size, nothing displayed in the properties window) messages. Regards, Al Christoph
September 18th 06 08:26 PM
by GJH66 Go to last post
4 531
Contact Sort order by TOF
I prefer my contacts sorted by Last Name, First Name as I am able to do in IE6. So far I've only discovered Alpha sorting using First Name. If there is a way to do this sort please advise. If not please fix before RTM. Thanks.
September 18th 06 11:40 PM
by TOF Go to last post
1 569
RC1: Mobile Sync Updates? by Shrink
Has anyone heard anything new about the impending release of the update via Windows Update to enable WM5-enabled devices to sync with Outlook? From what I understand, once it does become available, users of WM5 or Pocket PC devices will need to have their devices connected for the update to be downloaded. Here's hoping that it is released soon. :) Shrink
September 19th 06 02:13 AM
by Mike Go to last post
1 461
Windows mail by Sandy
I can't see where to input the POP SMTP information. It says you can do this but I get a message that says " http mail is no longer supported " -- iownavw
September 19th 06 03:59 PM
by piaqt Go to last post
6 469
Spammers getting pictures through. by Catweazle
Windows Mail normally blocks any images in messages, but more and more I'm seeing spam where the picture is loaded instead of being blocked. Might be something that needs looking into.
September 19th 06 06:10 PM
by Catweazle Go to last post
3 444
Sort Order in Contacts by TOF
Is it possible to sort imported Contacts (IE6 .wab) by Last Name, First Name? This is easily done in IE6 but I've not discovered the proper buttons to make it work in Vista's mailer. If this is possible, please advise me how. If it's not possible please fix it before RTM. Thanks,
September 19th 06 08:51 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 453
How do I import my mail and contacts from Outlook 2003 by Lonster
OK, apparently I'm a dummy... I did a file export from Outlook 2003 to a .pst file prior to installation of RC1. I installed to a different drive so I wouldn't screw up my XP Pro installation (just made the primary drive secondary and my secondary primary). I would like to import my mail and contacts from the .pst file I created earlier (it's still where I left it by the way) but the new...
September 20th 06 12:53 AM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
4 533
Quirky tree system on Options/Advanced tab by J-Mc
Has anyone had any weird issues in checking/unchecking the boxes on the Advanced tab (tree view) in Tools - Options? It seems on mine I am required to move the mouse three lines lower than the one I want to modify. For instance, if I wanted to modify the option "Use the 'Deleted Items' folder with IMAP accounts", I am required to click on "Reply/Forward" and it modifys the first option.
September 20th 06 03:08 AM
by J-Mc Go to last post
4 427
Windows Live not worth a crap... by Mark J.
This is the error message I hot when e-mailing another hotmail account and I am a Hotmail PLUS subscriber... "Windows Mail no longer supportd the HTTP servers used by Hotmail or other web-based e-mail providers. Click thr Back button to set up a different e-mail account... How HATEFULL this is for Micro-Toughsh*t to treat me this way as I am a paying Hotmail customer that has been arount...
September 20th 06 05:37 PM
by Mark J. Go to last post
0 438
Screwed up! by Mark J.
I have been a Hotmail customer since the conception of hotmail, Why in GODS GREEN EARTH can't I send an e-mail to a windows live subscriber, and even I am a Windows Live subscriber. This is the error I get: Windows Live no longer supports HTTP mail services including hotmail." WITGDFH! I pay for this sh*t mother f#%kas! How hatefull to discontinue support!
September 20th 06 05:46 PM
by Mark J. Go to last post
0 473
question by Mike
i need a software? converter files ISO thank you.
September 20th 06 06:43 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 507
delete message returns me to previous message in the inbox by Insight Driver
This is infuriating behavior to me and I can't find an option to change it like it is in Outlook. When using Windows Mail, when I have a message open, then delete it, the previous message in my inbox opens. What I want is to just go back to the inbox. I have mail from a bunch of web sites. First thing I do is go through my personal mail, so when I read something and delete it I want to...
September 21st 06 12:12 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
3 471
can't connect to account by piaqt
"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'MSN', Server: 'pop3.email.msn.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I've turned off email virus scanning, selected secure connection, and I still get the above. I can, however, access and post to newsgroups. Go figure. -- Pia Holm
September 21st 06 12:22 PM
by Bruno Go to last post
1 468
Windows Mail not able to use existing mail store? by Dyno
Is there any way you can merge with the old mails? Cheers Dino "Jim Pickering" wrote: Try File/Import/Messages pointing to the old OE store folder. Sounds like what you told it to do was change the message store folder to your old OE location and that will not work since the databases are very different in
September 21st 06 12:30 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 490
question by Mike
i need a software? converter of files ISO thank you
September 21st 06 03:27 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post

From The