Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
May 1st 09 11:01 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
4 311
AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by [email protected]
Without a doubt, this is the most useless and time consuming thing Microsoft has EVER come up with. I just want to send an email Why make it so F---ing dificult. Apple here I come!
May 1st 09 08:56 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 309
can't send email from Windows Mail by 1001reef
A previously functioning Windows mail account now won't send mail. I've tried fixes suggested in the help screens by opening properties, changing authentication, etc. Nothing has worked. Here's the error message. Means absolutely nothing to me. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 09 07:39 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
12 752
Unable to send messages from windows mail. by jh0626
I have been able to send and receive email with windows mail and suddenly today it is not working. I am able to send through the email account provider so the issue is not on their end. I have not changed or alerted any settings. The following is the message I receive. The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' Job fair coming up in Milwaukee', Account:'pop-server.wi.rr.com',...
May 1st 09 06:56 PM
by jh0626 Go to last post
2 247
Windows Vista Mail - Microsoft Outlook 2003 pst file by HVM
Hi, Have had to get new laptop and new office package - which does not include Outlook. I have a back up copy of my pst file from Outlook, can I retrieve all my emails and contact info into Vista Windows Mail? Have set up the email accounts and they are all working fine. Kind regards Hazel
May 1st 09 06:21 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 313
Aliher by Alier
Prueba
May 1st 09 06:06 PM
by Alier Go to last post
0 247
Windows mail deleting gmail by faygord
I have windows mail set to leave a copy on the aerver and delete when removed from deleted items locally. It worked fine for the past 12 moths or so. Recently the settings seem to have been ignored and, although for some reason messages have NOT displayed in Windows Mail they have been moved to trash in Gmail. Tests today saw this happen. Setting the userid in mail-tools-accounts-servers to...
May 1st 09 05:13 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 260
suddenly unable to receive emails, but can send by Jimmy
Account: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 Any ideas anyone?
May 1st 09 04:50 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 232
Pictures by kolb
When someone sends me mail with pictures the pictures arent there. This only happens about 25% of the time. Why might this be happening?
May 1st 09 04:48 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 250
In Vista -Windows Mail has downloaded all my Yahoo Mail? by Warren C.
Got a new laptop with Vista .....and Vista wouldn't let me set up YahooMail as my mail client (??) like I had it set on my old Win2K laptop, so I set up a Windows Mail account to be able to send email from web pages. .....but now Windows Mail has downloaded 10 years of messages from Yahoo and now they are no longer available on the Yahoo Web Mail server. I really am ****ed this has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 09 04:46 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
13 548
Cannot send mail by Mulla
Hello, Can anyone help with me not being able to send messages but can receive, my last error message was; The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'mail.prmsafetysolutions.com', Server: 'mail.prmsafetysolutions.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have previously been able to send and have not changed...
May 1st 09 04:36 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 299
Windows Vista Mail AOL Server by Jonezinor
Received the following error message while trying to send an email from Windows Vista Mail. Please help? The host ' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Testing, 1,2,3 - the attachment is an older version - this is for testing purposes only to make sure my home email is working properly!', Account: 'AOL Email Server', Server:...
May 1st 09 02:39 PM
by cpete Go to last post
7 315
How can I see, and modify a list of blocked e-mail addresses, in Junk Mail by Bob Brill
Is there a way to display blocked e-mail addressses?
May 1st 09 10:56 AM
by SIMONE Go to last post
3 282
Help! by Kristi McIver
I cannot get anything to work. This is my first time using Windows Mail.
May 1st 09 10:39 AM
by sd Go to last post
3 378
Windows mail downloading at least two of each e.mail by grandma66
Hello. I am new to this so sorry if I get it wrong. Windows Mail is downloading at least two copies of all mail. I notice from a previous post that Windows mail is obsolete. Is this my problem? If so what do I do now? So please can anyone Help?! :confused: -- grandma66 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
May 1st 09 08:13 AM
by grandma66[_5_] Go to last post
8 324
How do I turn on spell checker? by Jean
"John" wrote: When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution? Thanks, John
May 1st 09 06:23 AM
by Jean Go to last post
0 228
New Contact Group not working by t-4-2[_99_]
I have been using WLM as default for some time. Today, I went to WM for experiment and tried to create a new contact group. When I clicked New Contact Group button, it blinked for a second, then stopped. No New Contact Group window opened. I switched WM as default, tried again, same result. I cannot create new contact group in WM. Suggestions ? -- t-4-2
May 1st 09 04:51 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
5 296
Mail Recipients in Windows Mail by Wally
Im trying to acomodate myself to windows mail. I have a issue, i can't customize my windows mail recipients list so that can be like in outlook 2003 down of list of floder. The problem with windows contacts is that autocomplete for recipient doesn't works and is not so ok.. for me... Can u help me to configure win. mail so that i have a list of contacts down of my folders list. Tks..
May 1st 09 03:19 AM
by DeWayne Williams Go to last post
2 270
I receive email but cannot SEND email by chebby
I've been working with this program since we got this computer, now the email won't send. It goes through the motions, but everything stays in the outbox. Sending a message to myself had the same results. Nothing.... I do have a message there in the outbox that is "blank" and I cannot remove. "An unknown error has occured" I cannot move it, delete it, send it or anything.... I've had a...
May 1st 09 02:08 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
5 249
windows mail stationary by snowangel38
I am trying to save some of the old stationary I had on windows xp email. and it won't allow me to save it. it says " you don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the computer admin. to obtain permission." Well I am the admin. how can I get it to save my new stationery ????
May 1st 09 01:24 AM
by snowangel38 Go to last post

From The