Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
help with sending attachments by Andrea[_7_]
When we try to send an attachment e-mail, an error comes up that the authentication setting might not be correct for our outgoing e-mail (SMTP) server. In the next paragraph it says: must issue a Starttls comand first. I have no idea what I am doing. Could you please help?
June 3rd 10 04:52 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 253
Setting Up An Email Account ... POP3 etc by Isabel Norval
I have tried to set up an email acount with microsoft windows, but only got as far as receiving an error report. I filled in POP3 on the first part of the server dialogue box and SM(P?)T on the second box These were complete random guesses as I have no idea what they mean or what the correct ones are, far less how to find them. Why do they have to make these systems so difficult? How do I...
June 3rd 10 04:19 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
4 271
help with attachments by Andrea[_7_]
When we try to send an attachment e-mail, an error comes up that the authentication setting might not be correct for our outgoing e-mail (SMTP) server. In the next paragraph it says: must issue a Starttls comand first. I have no idea what I am doing. Could you please help?
June 3rd 10 04:15 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 221
blocking not working by Bill
I'm getting scam from Korea/Chaina or wherever but I cannot deal with them as junk email and block the sender or its domain because all the options are greyed out. The function is there otherwise. Is there a solution?
June 3rd 10 04:09 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
3 241
Can't import contents of messages. by Tom Bower
Can anyone tell me how to restore my recieved messages from a backup to my new email account? My inbox shows the headers for all of my recieved messages including the subject line. But, where the message should be it says "Message cannot be found". This all happened because I had to restore my computer to original defaults. First I did total backup to my "D" drive. Then restored the "C"...
June 3rd 10 11:53 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 264
False number of unread messages by Ayrhead
For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my Inbox, but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please?
June 3rd 10 08:48 AM
by Ayrhead Go to last post
4 277
can not find my e mail by jerry higgins
June 3rd 10 02:09 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 330
Live mail crashing when trying to compose new email by fourwinds
As soon as I click on new mail there is an error message coming up saying that Live Mail must shut down. I have done a quick search on the boards and found the common repsonse was an issue with Norton. As far as I can see Norton is not on this laptop. It is actually parents laptop and just new. we purchased microsoft office and downloaded that. Ay suggestions for this novice?
June 2nd 10 02:55 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 244
how to export all my windows mail to yahoo mail by des
pls advise how to I export my inbox, sent box, contacts from windows mail to yahoo mail ?
June 2nd 10 02:51 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 266
Windows Mail can compact the messages store by jdc43
I get the "Windows Mail can compact the messages store" message every time I start up. When I click okay it starts up, then a new box with "The folder is currently in use by Windows Mail or by another application". I click okay, but this just goes on and on and on and I go round in circles. What can I do to stop this as no other programmes are running and I use Windows Live Mail. -- jdc43
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 2nd 10 11:41 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
20 693
setting up account by maureen martin
i put in pop2 but do not know the rest. asking for server. we use centurylink phone system. what am i doing wronge?
June 2nd 10 02:14 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 328
Setting up account? by Summer Headley
Hi there, I received an email way back when I first bought this computer. I never set it up at that time, but I'd like to now. Can you help me with this? I am particularly having difficulty with finding out what kind of "server" it is... Please let me know when you get the chance. Thanks!
June 1st 10 09:50 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 261
E-mail by Marlene,Carroll
When I open vista mail I cant pull up any mail from my inbox. Only my junk mail comes up.
June 1st 10 12:32 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 314
Windows mail by Kelvin[_2_]
My computer did an automatic update on windows vista. Now all my emails have disappeared and I am unable to send or receive email. I have accessed my email from my service provider through the web. Does anybody know what happened and how to fix this problem. I don't know how anybody can notify me if my Windows Mail is not not sending or receiving messages
June 1st 10 12:31 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 302
hey by NEON'PRINCESS
hey i need help with my computer because it has lots of viruss how do i take them off or were do i go
June 1st 10 12:27 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 378
hello by Debbie mole
Hello I cant get in to my E-Mail on here the web set not going thew when I check my Mail please I NEED HELP !!!! I dont know why I am doing this for if u are going to seand it to my E-Mail here if I cant get in to it :( GRRRRR Ben like this for a mouth now ty bye
June 1st 10 12:26 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 340
Windows Mail Inbox corrupt by NIGHTCRAWLERmb
I'm running Vista; just today all of a sudden after leaving my inbox, which was working okay, opening all incoming msgs, I went back to it to open new ones and none would open. Each time I tried to open one it would just start building up on my taskbar and not open. I checked Task Manager and first task read; Driver Software Installation, and along with that it showed the e-mails I had...
June 1st 10 12:24 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 306
Windows mail cleared all messages and now says low disk space by Steve Cochran
See here for background: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and see point 3 here for the futu www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Then try repairing the database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ and then see if you can open the folders. Also search for *.eml and see if you can find the messages that way. steve "edd69" wrote in message...
June 1st 10 12:20 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
0 316
Everything has disappeared from my windows mail by edd69
Please please please find me a solution, i was in my mail box and sent a few emails. i left the computer on the side for around 30mins. when i cam back, every single folder was empty!!!!! i have tried the current view trick but dunno what else to do. Many thanks
June 1st 10 12:17 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 340
BCC Option in mail by Don
Can anyone tell me if they know of any plan to add an option to the mail program/send option, which would allow the user to set the default to a BCC (where email messages would be sent out as BCC when "create" was clicked). With Vista's beefed up security settings it seems they would have thought of this to help fight the spam issues. If not, who would I contact to suggest this option for an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 1st 10 01:15 AM
by Sue Oleson Go to last post

From The