Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
SETUP by home
HOW DO I SET IT UP.
June 1st 10 01:12 AM
by mac Go to last post
2 351
Second Email Address Setup Problem by Ronial
I am trying to set up a second email address. I get all of the information in correctly but a security window pops up & asks for my user name & password. I input the information but I keep getting the same window pop up. I cancel out & when I check the second email address it has the user name & password for the original email address I set up. The pop & smtp are the same for both email...
May 31st 10 04:28 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 364
Problems deleting from the DELETE ITEMS & JUNK MAIL folders by colucol
Hi, Cannot delete certain messages from the DELETE ITEMS & JUNK MAIL folders. Why is that and how can I overcome this please? -- Kind regards, ColUCol
May 31st 10 01:30 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 414
Account details vanished and won't allow me to re input by Wizmad
My account details have vanished and the windows mail will not allow me to re-input! E-mail account is ok - can access through web! Can anyone help?
May 31st 10 11:48 AM
by oomine.noriko Go to last post
1 345
Accounts by Mrs.More
I have windows 7 with windows mail it always has works, untill the upgrade from microsoft. Now I have my mail again, but I can get my accounts on it. (sorry my english is not so good) I hope that someone can help me, to tell me how I can get my accounts again.
May 31st 10 08:30 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 344
Header download for G mai by Patty Dallaire
Now I get this message when I try to reply to an e mail. Subject ' swirl', Account: 'Gmail', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 The message "Your SMTP server has not respnded in 60 seconds. Want to wait another 60 seconds?" also appears. Any ideas I am setting up G mail and this is the 2nd attempt to reply.
May 31st 10 02:51 AM
by Patty Dallaire Go to last post
7 319
Windows mail: Distribution Lists by cgs
Folks, Sorry, this seems like a silly question, but how do I set up a distribution list in Windows Mail? I cannot find any menu or option in either mail or in contacts. Thanks! cgs -- Sometimes I think to myself, "If I had a brain, I could be quite dangerous!"
May 31st 10 01:51 AM
by LemontS Go to last post
8 374
security certificate with Mail by Ralph[_3_]
I keep getting the msg that "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate . . ." What does it mean-how do I correct it? -- Ralph
May 30th 10 11:36 PM
by Ralph[_3_] Go to last post
0 350
May 30th 10 08:32 PM
by sweetgirl Go to last post
2 289
Yahoo account gone by callapj
I recently discovered that my windows mail will not work with a free yahoo account. Now, even though I have yahoo listed in windows mail as the default account, I only get (although I cannot send) mail in windows. I'm a luddite. Help!
May 30th 10 08:30 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 270
This bloody windows Live! by kmc65
Can anyone help please? Had Windows Mail on Toshiba Equium Vista computer and run a Nokia E75 phone, which both the computer and the phone received my e-mails - Great! Have now changed computer to Toshibha windows 7 which runs the e-mail in Windows live and now the phone and computer do not both receive my e-mails anymore, it goes to which ever is turned on first. Also now the mail that goes to...
May 30th 10 06:55 PM
by kmc65 Go to last post
0 279
May 30th 10 06:41 PM
by jerry Go to last post
0 281
Exporting Vista mail for win 7 by Alex McFarlane[_2_]
Dear Chums Am thinking of taking the plunge to Win 7. I note that I can export my vista mail messages. Can I do this to Windows live mail? Which format is best? Thanks AMcF
May 30th 10 03:27 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 293
installing spell check by molli
-- molli50158 Please help me. I am in collage and am having problems. I would be so grateful
May 30th 10 02:50 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 312
teach me how to send friends email by No Name
wrote in message news:... how do i send email?
May 30th 10 02:43 AM
by No Name Go to last post
0 306
Inbox missing from Storage folders in Windows Life Mail by Randidel
My entire set of Inbox letters has disappeared from "Storage Folders". Even the word "Inbox" has disappeared and I cannot access the hundreds of letters which were stored in it. How can I get this all back?
May 29th 10 09:56 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 307
Blocking a sender by gollywog
I usually have no problems blocking a sender by clicking on Add sender to block senders list or block senders domain, but I have done this repeatedly using both options for one particular sender, but I still get the messages in my inbox. How can I put this right please? I'm using windows mail in Vista.
May 29th 10 04:32 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 305
Windows Security pop-up by MsMabel
Checking email as usual, then a Windows Security window pops up, asking for my mail server User Name and Password. So I input (but apparently incorrect). I tried going to Windows Security, and Windows Mail to try to get rid of it. I think it must be new since my Windows upgrade last night . ARGH!!! How do I get rid of this? (I wish I could put a screen shot to show).
May 29th 10 02:48 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 298
Outlook express-email by sip
When I have internet explorer open I used to be able to click on the upper right hand side of the screen in the little mail icon and outlook would open. Now when I click on it nothing happens. The only way to get to my email now is to click on the bottom left hand side, start and scroll up to email. Has a setting been changed?
May 29th 10 02:18 PM
by Yamani Amara Go to last post
7 385
I am getting error messages. by Neil
I am getting these error messages, why? How do I fix them? How do I get rid of them? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server...
May 29th 10 12:26 PM
by mac Go to last post

From The