Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
help by Willie Andrews
I use yahoo to search job banks, when I try to send my resume out Windows mail pops up and will not let me send it. I've tried to set-up a account but keep hiting walls. Do I need to delete windows mail? will that work ?
February 27th 09 02:31 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 442
February 27th 09 02:11 PM
by welhelm Go to last post
8 375
connection by ciwara
why microsft don't support window live mail
February 27th 09 11:31 AM
by mac Go to last post
5 360
test by Hugo
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
February 27th 09 10:10 AM
by Hugo Go to last post
0 383
sky ISP receiving mail by Smiler
Hi, Just searching on an error for a mate can any one help. Is it the ISP's fault ?? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Cheers Smiler
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 09 09:19 AM
by Keith D[_3_] Go to last post
18 979
connection by wangjunjie
why microsft don't support window live mail
February 27th 09 08:59 AM
by wangjunjie Go to last post
0 319
mail newsgroups headers by Smiler
Hi, Quite new to newsgroups within vista mail. In the past when I have used newsgroups and subscribed, I manage to be able to follow posts or look at messages from weeks ago. All I seem to be getting is 137 headers or whatever there called.Tried unsubscribing, reset etc. Do newsgroups work like normal mail that once you've downloaded you need to keep a copy on the server or you won't get...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 09 08:08 AM
by Smiler[_2_] Go to last post
11 573
Importing Outlook Express to Vista by Carole L.
Hi, I just bought a new Dell with Vista Home Premium. I have my Outlook Express ..dbx files from my "dead" laptop on CD. I tried to import them but the computer asks what program to open it with...apparently Windows Mail doesn't do it. Does anyone know how can I get my saved emails onto my new computer? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks. -- Carole
February 27th 09 06:13 AM
by Arthur Go to last post
9 318
.PST Data Files by Shadow Dancer
I want to know where Windows Mail stores the e-mails I have received. I would like to set up .PST data files (like the old outlook) on an external drive but have no clue -- In the dark I''m afraid - thanks for any help!
February 27th 09 04:29 AM
by ANTHONY GORDON Go to last post
4 302
Contacts by sherri russell
Have recently changed from Microsoft Outlook, made Windows Mail my default program, but I can't seem to make my Contact understand this. What do people use for quick addresses?I need to access some form of Contact folder
February 27th 09 01:30 AM
by mac Go to last post
5 339
Windows Mail - Contacts failed to load by BiaG
My problem with Windows mail began when I moved my Contacts Folder to hard drive disk D from hard drive disk C. I tried to move it back, but I get a message that already exists a folder with that name and if want to merge them. I do, but this folder doesn't appear (all hidden folders appear). When I start Windows mail I get the messages: "Contacts failed to load", then "Windows Mail could...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 27th 09 01:13 AM
by dcanoli Go to last post
25 892
Currículum Vitae by Edson Sechaus
EDSON ROBERTO DA FÉ PEREIRA SHIOZAKI Solteiro - 22 anos R. Eduardo Vitor de Freitas Jr., 263 - Jd. Guassú CEP.: 11370-520 - São Vicente / SP. Tel.: 3561-4989 / Cel .: (011) 8671-9713
February 27th 09 12:33 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 258
Mail settings changing by themselves by E[_3_]
I have setup a friends vista mail to authenticate via pacbell.net's servers for outgoing mail. All works well for a few days, then stops working. Upon re-examination of the mail settings, the smtp port has reverted to 25 (set manually to 460 something) and the use ssl checkbox is unchecked. I have showed my friend how to re-set the settings so he is not losing much sleep over this one, but...
February 27th 09 12:29 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
5 288
Trans address, contacts and calendar to new microsoft mail and calendar by The Nunn Agency
How is the best way to transfer email addresses, contacts and calendar settings from old XP computer to new Vista email and calendar. I have transfered most of my files over using Windows easy transfer but cannot find my data files for these. Any help would be appreciated John Nunn Sr
February 27th 09 12:06 AM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
2 370
what does this message mean? by Kim
I am trying to set up my email and when I try to log in I get this message -- Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Kimberli Martinez
February 26th 09 10:24 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 307
February 26th 09 10:01 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 280
t by Wolfgang Höneise
February 26th 09 09:55 PM
by Wolfgang Höneise Go to last post
0 517
Saving Emails by emerickjr
I am having trouble saving emails, when I click save I get a download box, which shows the the message as "message.dat" file type as "application", from "webmail.eatel.net". it saves to document folder, when I go to open the email I get a message that it cannot be opened because the message is corrupt. Can anyone help me out. This happens on any type of email I get even pictures and other...
February 26th 09 09:55 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 329
antwort by Wolfgang Höneise
February 26th 09 09:52 PM
by Wolfgang Höneise Go to last post
0 418
e-mails by Janet[_5_]
Having same problem as Michael Young, cannot access my web pages etc in e mails help
February 26th 09 09:42 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The