Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
eeee by Gilbert Escobar
eeee
February 25th 09 07:15 PM
by Gilbert Escobar Go to last post
0 418
Windows mail username and password error loop by gyates
I have just set up my new computer and my new windows mail... and for some reason I keep getting the username and password window. Every time I enter them correctly... and it just comes up again... over and over and over again. I get this error message: Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed', Port: 110,...
February 25th 09 01:58 PM
by MR Gorman[_6_] Go to last post
9 279
Problems WM and signatures by Whatrymes
Tried backing up windows mail settings and restoring after a clean install. three methods, all the same results. 1 saving registry keys. 2. Windows backup. 3. Widows easy transfer. Everything is fine but the signatures. They look grayed out and when I click on them Windows mail crashes immediately. ??? Thanks,
February 25th 09 01:48 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
6 312
all apologies, my last post was question by wylie3030
frustrated and tired, sorry
February 25th 09 01:46 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 264
gmail compatability by wylie3030
go to gmail site go to help follow instructions no problems
February 25th 09 01:46 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 271
so many error codes, so many setting changes by wylie3030
I have been down so many dead end streets setting up windows mail, including the whole WINDOWS mail doesn't work with my WINDOWS live.com account. I'm gonna have to break down and ask for help. I am recieving my gmails, but cant' send any. This was the last error message; an unknown error has occured. Subject". Account: "pop.gmail.com', Server: smtp.gmail.com Protocol: SMTP, Port:465, Secure...
February 25th 09 01:42 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 289
unable to send e-mail by vicki-decker
Each time I attempt to send mail I receive a message telling me the POP3 and STMP is not there. I am unable to locate it and do not know how to correct this problem.
February 25th 09 07:59 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
8 409
Unable to send Emails from Windows Mail by Andrew McNamara
My Windows mail has just recently stopped sending my mails. I can receive no problem. The following message appears. Can anyone help? I am sending from my laptop at home. I use AVG Anti Virus Free and have disabled outgoing scan The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'U/20 leaflet', Account: 'mail.1eircom.net', Server: 'smtp.perlicoweb.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, ...
February 25th 09 07:59 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
8 494
Corrupted file attachments by Douglas
I am receiving emails with attachments that say they are a "winmail.dat". I am unable to open them as they show that it is a "corruptedcompressedfile". I had no problems with these emails when I had Windows XP - why can't I open them now??
February 25th 09 07:41 AM
by Luigi Dalu Go to last post
3 335
windows mail keeps shutting down by mirkanna
can somebody please help me, just recently I have been having trouble when I go to look at an attachment in any message I receive. everytime I click on the paperclip up pops another window saying 'windows mail has stopped working' and shuts down and restarts again. wether it be a picture a pdf file anything, sometimes it says it is looking for a problem and will let me know the solution but...
February 25th 09 05:41 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 289
windows mail and contact display in mail window by lwgagle
Can contacts be listed in the windows mail window as it was in outlook express?
February 25th 09 05:38 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
9 361
Pictures in this message could not be found by Gary
Can anyone help me with this message "One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found. When you send this message these pictures will not be included. Are you sure you want to send this message?' I'm trying to forward an email that has pictures in it.
February 25th 09 05:35 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 239
how can i fix this message i keep getting by looby_loo
Account: 'mail.3web.com', Server: 'mail.3web.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Mate, the command must be one of CAPA, USER, PASS or QUIT', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 i managed to connect earlier but when i went to go back on again i got this.. how do i fix it..can anyone help me with this
February 25th 09 05:31 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 309
How do I find the info to create my email account? by Steph[_4_]
Hi I want to use windows mail but I cant find the info about whether my server used pop3 etc, I dont understand how to set up my account. Can anyone help and explain how to do it for someone who really doesn't have a clue
February 25th 09 05:12 AM
by Lyndon Go to last post
3 346
royalty is on my ass and to blame for my house burning by Owner[_8_]
please help me at vista del ray apartments tacoma ave. room 1105 in tacoma,washington i have royalty on my butt and they will not pay for a new house 911
February 25th 09 04:20 AM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
3 307
Mutiple Inboxes? by kbkemper
I'm new to Windows Mail (used outlook express prior) and trying to figure it out... I have 2 email accounts, both set up as seperate accounts, but they get comingled in one Inbox... How can I have 2 Inboxes? I don't want to set up a rule but is that how I have to do it?
February 25th 09 03:27 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 301
How I Can Pass Microsoft Certificaton Exams in my first try ! by pass4surenl1
How I Can Pass Microsoft Certificaton Exams in my first try ! As a professional Microsoft sofrware engineer working in Seattle, I get MCP and MCSE.NET certification just in my first try. But why I can do that? The answer is that i have used Pass4suer.nl Microsoft Certification Training Materials. The URL is: http://www.pass4sure.nl/ And with the growing attention of candidates upon...
February 25th 09 03:26 AM
by pass4surenl1 Go to last post
0 286
Sending e-mails by Tigger
Everytime i try to send a e-mail it doesnt send. I can reply to one but not compose one and then send it. Also can not send e-mails thru links. such as craigs list links..
February 25th 09 02:31 AM
by Carol[_7_] Go to last post
2 276
Windows Mail crashes when opening or saving a mail-attachment by PayWay
Hi, I have a problem with Windows Mail. Whenever I try to save or open a mail attachment (nothing special, just a small txt file) Mail crashes. (When I try to save it crashes after I supplied the filename and location to save it to). Suggestions on the internet are that it has to do with an incompatible virusscanner, but I've ruled that out by simple shutting down my virusscanner (it no...
February 25th 09 02:01 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 271
Windows Mail... not Logged on as Administrator by Steve[_46_]
Hi... Windows Mail opens... sends/receives can read/write/delete email, etc. BUT... when closing down I get a strange message: Powered by SupportSoft You are not currently logged into your computer as an Administrator. This installer requires that the user be logged in as an Administrator. Please log out and log back in as an Administrator, and then restart the...
February 25th 09 01:59 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The