Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How to change email name by Bill Th
The messages I send say from "AboutThisUs ". How do I change it to say "AboutThisUS "? The only change is the capital "S".
February 22nd 09 08:33 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 289
No "accounts" name in the "Tool" drop down menu. by Patt[_2_]
This is my first day with Vista. I seem to have only web mail. I want to use Windows Mail but there is no drop down "Accounts "name that appears on the "Tools "menu. Where can i find it? and how can I put Windows Mail on the desktop? -- Thanks for the help !!
February 22nd 09 07:52 PM
by Daisy Pazzaglini Go to last post
2 346
hi by Jenn N
hi
February 22nd 09 07:34 PM
by Jenn N Go to last post
0 444
can't send email - yahoo pop3 by mkaminski
I have Yahoo plus mail account and Microsoft Windows Mail receives mail but when sending it gives the following error. I've tried troubleshooting from the Yahoo mail help but nothing seems to work (for example, changing to port 587, turning on SSL). It was working fine before. I appreciate any suggestions. Subject 'test', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server:...
February 22nd 09 06:52 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 428
Cannot send email by PJ1
Have checked my incoming / outgoing mail server info and still can't sent email. I do however have a mail in my outbox which I can't send or delete - it has the message below - can anybody advise what to do? Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.
February 22nd 09 06:48 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 365
Windows Mail Folders by KiraScurro
I've moved from Outlook Express on my XP desktop to Windows mail on my Vista laptop. I plan on moving to Outlook on both computers, but not until I get this folder thing straightened out. I was able to import my OE mail into Windows Mail ok. Then I had a hard drive failure on my laptop. I had backed up my mail files and I was able to restore my Windows Mail ok. I had several "Recovered...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 09 06:16 PM
by Karen S Stroud Go to last post
10 569
servers by fran chidley
Hi there! How do I set up or know if I have a POP3 or not? I have no idea what these are. I have ntlworld for my email dont know if that has anything do do with setting up this email acct???? Can anyone help me please???
February 22nd 09 06:14 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 368
Sending pictures in emails by Ralph H
Hi, I'm trying to send some pictures as an attachment and I keep getting the message listed below. Please help me to fix this . Thanks. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject ' ', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
February 22nd 09 06:09 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 269
Windows mail in Vista by Trapper
I copied my personalfolders.pst file from my laptop running microsoft outlook so I could transfer emails on my desktop running windows mail on vista. However I cannot seem to import this file using vista mail import. Anyone know a way I can do this? -- Learning all the time Best regards Trapper
February 22nd 09 04:47 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 333
I keep receiving "An unknown error has occurred" by Fergus
Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again This occurs when I go to the OUTBOX and notice NO emails are being sent. When I try to delete the email, it will not do it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 22nd 09 04:21 PM
by Brink Go to last post
30 987
How do I set up my email server POP3 SMTP? by Jon[_17_]
Hi there! How do I set up or know if I have a POP3 or not? I have no idea what these are. I have roadrunner for my email dont know if that has anything do do with setting up this email acct???? Can anyone help me please???
February 22nd 09 03:24 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 336
mailboxes and addresses by jan
Can someone help me please. I cannot set up individual mailboxes for members of my family. Do not want me as the default one that opens every time I click on email as won't be private. Also how do I get all my email addresses from using outlook express.
February 22nd 09 01:11 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 271
February 22nd 09 09:43 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 311
Windows Mail Italian corrector? by fabras
When - if ever - will an Italian orthographic corrector for Windows Mail be activated? I have been waiting in vain for two years at every Windows updating ... (The old Outlook Express had got it!) Sarą mai possibile - e quando - vedere attivato il correttore ortografico di Windows Mail anche per l'italiano? Sono due anni che aspetto invano ad ogni scarico di Windows update ... (Eppure,...
February 22nd 09 05:55 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 331
Server by Dee
Thanks for you help Gary Now it keeps coming up with a message asking me to verify my username & password. I enter those details and it just keeps popping up asking for the same info. Help??
February 22nd 09 05:44 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 441
error by Pearl[_3_]
How to reset if my mail in outbox cannot be sent out? -- Pearl
February 22nd 09 05:25 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 387
and now part two of the same message by woodrow25
i did not want to confuse anyone by posting all of this message together...its hard enoughtrying to unscramble one much less two......ok...i created a windows mail account using the following: imap.mail.yahoo.com smtp.mail.yahoo.com and then put this as my email address and then i entered my password...the n i closed it with finish..the files begin to download...
February 22nd 09 05:22 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 375
What is the point of this wimdows Mail discussion site by Tomhad
Can anyone tell me what the point of this "community " site is. ?? Is it that people ask questiosn or make statements about the problems that they are having with Micorsoft Mail. I am confused. Does any one from Microsoft answer any queries? or is it a matter of the blind leading the blind as we say here in Australia ? For instance I am being bombarded by spam at the moment all with hotmail...
February 22nd 09 01:00 AM
by Earle Horton[_9_] Go to last post
4 339
setting up windows mail by Alejandra Sanchez
I have yahoo and i followed all instructions. i still get msg that says that it cannot be found. I had incoming: pop.mail.yahoo.com ports:995 outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com ports:465 What exactly did i do wrong?
February 22nd 09 12:12 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 284
Forwarding email address by Carolyn Sams
can someone help please, I have been at this all day. I would like to receive my emails on my computer, accessing "windows mail". It is asking me: "Forward a copy of incoming mail to ? ( email address) It sounds like I need Microsoft incoming email address, am I correct? can someone tell me what address to use here? Thanks
February 22nd 09 12:10 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post

From The