Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Error Number: 0x8004108D by magg
Hi there! I sometimes get this error message when sending emails: Some of the messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your Sent Items Folder. Subject 'Problems with emails delivery', Account: 'Dos Lenguas', Server: 'imap.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example,...
May 22nd 10 12:59 AM
by pay Go to last post
3 338
Availability of Windows Mail by Gene L.[_2_]
Windows Mail on my Vista OS works just fine. I like it. It is simple and easy to use by a single non-business user. Is this application going to be terminated? If so how far into the future will it be available? What then? Thank you for your interest. Gene L.
May 22nd 10 12:10 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
3 284
i cant send emails? by Victoria[_5_]
for some reason it will not let me send emials.
May 21st 10 07:10 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 292
XPS T700 - Norms old Dell - progress by Charlie Burkhardt
Norman Did the old Dell complete the Copy Disk? If so - unplug the External HD and put aside until I can progress to next step. Charlie B
May 21st 10 05:41 PM
by Chris S.[_3_] Go to last post
2 339
recovery of deleted e-mails in Windows Mail by Jake428
I recently permanently deleted several e-mails from the deleted file and need to recover them. I have seen different software packages claiming to do this. I am not a Geek (no ofense) and just have basic computer skills. My question - are these softward applications easy to use or do you need to to have higher skill levels? Is is safe to download directly from the internet? Any advice would be...
May 21st 10 05:30 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 361
May 21st 10 05:26 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
4 387
How to create identity in windows mail by Vikrant
Hello I am trying to create a new identity in windows mail which says that "All identities already imported or deleted. " What to do ?? How to do ??
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 10 05:20 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
12 670
how do i fix this? can't send emails! by h8terproof
what does this means: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Christensen & Kockrow: Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 5th Edition', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 205.188.186.137 (205.188.186.137:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67
May 21st 10 05:19 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 294
I can't send email but I recive by Saif
here is the error message i get The connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E please help thanks
May 21st 10 05:02 PM
by h8terproof Go to last post
1 287
windows security by brandane
windows security is asking me for my e-mail addy and password when i type it in it just keeps asking i am running vista and XP on two comps i need help here
May 21st 10 04:56 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 303
windows mail...error message and I can't send mail. by Gary VanderMolen [MVP]
Same error message as what? If you can type in a window, you can paste text into it. Are you trying to paste an image? That won't work. Next time you get a Windows Mail error message, right-click on that error message, click Copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. -- Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP...
May 21st 10 04:18 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
0 366
Windows mail failing by Jtrons
Hi - 5/20 mid day I could no longer send email. Still can't; message reads 'Send 1 message using Plus.Pop.mail.yahoo.com...isn't that the wrong one; doesn't it need to be the smtp address? The outgoing mail setting reads correctly for the smtp address. If I go to Yahoo I can send an email but not in Windows. Help!
May 21st 10 04:14 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 274
spell check not working by Debra
My spell check in my vista program is not working on my email
May 21st 10 04:12 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 311
Can't send email! by Sissy622
I can't send emails. I tried some things from the other posts, but still not working. This is the error that I'm getting. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hi', Account: 'pop.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
May 21st 10 04:05 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 334
edb messages by edfrank
I am running Windows Mail version 6.06000.16386 on a laptop with Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002. Every time I start Windows mail a series of files are generated on my desktop: edb.chk edb.log edbres00001.jrs edbres00002.jrs edbtmp.log tmp.edb
May 21st 10 12:33 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 328
windows mail by Gary R
cannot receive emails. sending works fine. all settings have been checked by suddenlink and all seems in order. still cannot receive. anyone have an idea why? -- Gary
May 21st 10 02:58 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 296
sending mail by blood
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was...
May 21st 10 02:51 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 333
Cannot receive emails - no error message by Rachel Saint
Hi Guys I have been using Windows Mail successfully for a few months, following some difficult start-up issues. Suddenly today, my account has stopped receiving any emails. I have sent test emails to myself from another yahoo account, but they are not arriving. When I click send/receive all appears to be working with no error message etc, but the emails are simply not arriving.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 21st 10 02:49 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
22 777
Cannot verify email by GG
I'm trying to retrieve a "reset password" link for another forum. However, the address the reset link was sent to is for some reason demanding I verify my username and password, which means that until I do I cannot recieve the reset link. However I do not know the username or password, and all my guesses were rejected. To test I tried to make a new account where I knew both username and...
May 20th 10 11:22 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 363
E mail by andrew mark dunne
cant open e mail on screen icon
May 20th 10 08:10 PM