Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
i can not log in after i create windows mail account. by woodrow25
i created this account: pop.mail.yahoo.com smtp.mail.yahoo.com and i get this message -- Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR pop not allowed for user.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 woodrow wilson
February 22nd 09 01:00 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
6 484
Rules for sent mail by Jill
Vista Windows Mail. I have applied rules for incoming mail, but want sent mail to be moved to specific folders immediately they are sent. How do I apply the rule? -- Jill R.
February 22nd 09 12:43 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
5 441
WHERE DO I GET A SERVER NAME AT by MARI
I GET A MESAGE THAT THE HOST COULDN'T BE FOUND AND NEED TO VERIFTY THAT YOU HAVE ENTERED THE SEVER NAME CORRECTLY
February 21st 09 11:52 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
6 417
ffgfhbgfbg by ken
February 21st 09 10:03 PM
by ken Go to last post
0 287
multiple e-mail recipients by nwbookie
I am no longer able to send to one recipient as "To" and multiple recipients as "Bcc" by holding down the Control key. The Bcc recipients are also being listed in the To list and have to be manually removed. I did a hard reboot but it did not solve the problem. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.
February 21st 09 09:49 PM
by nwbookie Go to last post
0 321
replyng by tracy z
im unable to answer any type of ads or respond to them? i get "socket error 10061 also "error # 0x800ccc0e.
February 21st 09 08:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 349
outbox problem by erhilliii
how dso i delete the messages that are in my outbox that are stuck??
February 21st 09 08:05 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 286
Multiple emails by Turkk
I have been using Windows Mail for about 18 months without having this problem until now. The day before yesterday I reset my POP3 password, and ever since then I have been receiving multiple copies of every email. I have three separate user accounts (let's call them Tom, Dick & Harry), with rules set up to put Tom's mail in a folder called 'Tom's Mail', etc. This has always worked just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 21st 09 08:02 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
11 726
changing email settings by tom
I'm an idiot... in setting up my email settings tonight I was to answer questions about the servers for incoming and outgoing email. I answered incorrectly and nothing works. I have the correct answers now and need to know where to go to change POP3 and SMTP answers.... Where do I go to change these..?
February 21st 09 07:45 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 334
Can't send an e-mail by Witek
Hi there, I have changed my Internet supply from pay as you go wireless to O2 broadband one. Live in Sheffield, UK. Can receive mails on my Windows Mial, but unfortunately can't send any. Following message arrives : The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Work application', Account: 'poczta.interia.pl', Server: 'poczta.interia.pl', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket...
February 21st 09 07:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 500
Emailing From Someone Else's House by brbrown
When visiting my daughter, I cannot send emails from my laptop using my daughters Talktalk broadband connection. I get the following message: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'smtp.talktalk.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 smtp.talktalk.net', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F. What do I need...
February 21st 09 06:09 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
3 359
Attachments by ritzyooperman
When I send an attachment from my work email with an attachment to my home email the attachment doesn't appear. I get other attachments from other people. my work uses microsoft exchange. -- Ritz
February 21st 09 06:07 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 251
Remove a folder by Robert Derbyhaven
How do I get rid of a folder that I no longer want?
February 21st 09 06:01 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 273
Where did the junk mail folder go? by Nancy
Everything changed. the design and all. Why don't they send and email explaining the new changes? I can't locate mail or a send button on the new mail. Lots of mail goes to junk mail that is not junk mail,....but I can't access junk mail Nancy
February 21st 09 05:59 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 288
luigi dalu by Luigi Dalu
per favore scrivete in italiano
February 21st 09 04:53 PM
by Luigi Dalu Go to last post
0 318
setting up emails by Selina[_2_]
I have not been able to get in my sub account since I made it two years ago now I'm tring to set up these emails and keep getting an error?
February 21st 09 08:01 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 329
trying to import .pst files from Outlook 2000 to Vista Windows Mail by Michael DeGaetano
I saved .pst files created in Outlook 2000 to an external drive. I am now trying to import into Windows Mail on a new computer running Vista. I am getting error messages. Does anyone know how to do this successfully? thanks!
February 21st 09 06:58 AM
by Stroud Go to last post
3 264
February 21st 09 06:28 AM
by VistaRookie[_212_] Go to last post
3 276
How can I copy and glue images in Winmail by Peter GODDARD
A good feature of Outlook was (is) that one could copy and glue images into a message, whereas with Winmail this doesn't seem to work and one has to first save the image in the appropriate size and then use the Insert Image function, which is very time consuming. Have I missed something or is this a bug?
February 21st 09 05:37 AM
by ptoche Go to last post
1 249
Vista64 / Outlook 2007 -- "Cannot open your default e-mail folders." by gizbug[_29_]
When I first load up Outlook 2007 in Vista64, I get a popup saying "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. outlook cannot start because a data file to send and receive mail cannot be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel." There is no mail icon in the control panel. Any ideas how to fix this? I've...
February 21st 09 05:29 AM
by Austell[_6_] Go to last post

From The