Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How do I sent up away messages by ginnyhp
How can I do an auto reply when I am away? -- Have a nice day Ginny
November 24th 07 04:02 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 271
Away message on mail by ginnyhp
I would like to know how I can send an email to all incoming mail when I am away? Auto reply -- Have a nice day Ginny
November 24th 07 05:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 324
can not open attachments by Frank van Brakel
cannot open attachments from incoming e-mail, help!!
November 24th 07 06:19 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
1 256
email notification for yahoo and hotmail accounts to popup automat by allparts36
email notification for yahoo and hotmail accounts to popup automatical -- stj
November 24th 07 06:51 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 292
EXTREMELY slow New Message window by Jim Beaver
While Windows Mail is crashing fairly frequently with me, the most consistent and disruptive problem is that when creating a new email message, it will take from two to four MINUTES for the New Message window to open completely. What happens is that the New Message window is formed, but only the framework. There are no buttons, no labels, just blank address slots, subject line, and text...
November 24th 07 06:54 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 337
HELP! can't send email by [email protected]
I posted earlier, am desparate to fix this problem. I attempt to send an email, and get the following error message: Account: 'mail.hughes.net', Server: 'mail.hughes.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 When I attempt to put in the appropriate user and password, it will not...
November 24th 07 06:59 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 349
Recovered Messages Folders by RetiredInThailand
I have seen related threads on Recovered Messages but none directly related to my problem. I am using Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail V6.0.6000.16383 My problem started when I imported some backup folders/messages using the Import Utility in WM. Immediately after the import I noted an auto generated folder called Recovered Messages and sub-folders of inbox, sent, recovered messages...
November 24th 07 07:32 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 255
Windows Security Pop Up Can't Send e-mail by Jeff Cavin
Windows Security Keeps popping up asking for a user name and password I enter it and it won't send the e-mail?? Anyone can you help me out????
November 24th 07 07:42 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 271
Attchaments by aano
Tried it Steve but it returns " Command failed to execute". Like before, either they won't open or one attachment will open and the other will not. Confussed??? -- aano
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 07 08:41 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
18 603
more characters in a line needed by Ronnie
I need to to be able to put more characters per line in windows mail, can anyone help please? I know when I had OE there was somewhere you could go and change how many there was per line but I cant find it here. TIA
November 24th 07 10:51 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 308
User Profile by Kathybp
When attempting to sign in as administrator, get message,"user profile service failed the log on..user profile cannot be loaded. This just started yesterday, however, my husband can sign on without a problem. When I go to user accnts area it asks for my password again and I get the same message. Please help me, anyone. Thanks in advance, Kathy
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 07 10:52 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
10 320
VERY New to Outlook Express with Vistal by MapleE.
Hi: I just purchased a brand new computer with Vista Home Premium. I created my e-mail account just as did Outlook Express with XP. However, I am NOT able to locate any of my e-mails and account. Now, I am truly confusing as 'how to access my e-mail account' and everything as to Vista e-mails. On Outlook Express with XP, I had no problem opening my
November 24th 07 11:22 PM
by kaydan Go to last post
4 164
How to stop windows mail from deleting email attachments by cajun_swabbie[_2_]
how do i stop Windows Mail from delecting the attachments that I recievw in my emails?
November 25th 07 12:22 AM
by probe19492000 Go to last post
3 186
Cannot open attachments by Courtney[_2_]
I cannot open doc attachments, I receive in Windows Mail. Message states it does not have a program associated with it, for performing this action. Create an association in the set association control panel. Please help, thank. Courtney
November 25th 07 12:39 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
9 307
Applying 'Junk Mail' status to multiple items in Inbox by Nigel V Thomas[_2_]
I like the Junk mail options in Vista Mail, however, it is tedious to right click on EVERY message in my InBox and set 'Dont trust sender/domain' Is it possible to hilight a number of messages and apply this action just once? Nigel
November 25th 07 01:00 AM
by Dave Go to last post
4 282
totestando by Renato pinheiro
November 25th 07 01:56 AM
by Renato pinheiro Go to last post
0 178
Erratic Windows Mail Behaviour by Ed from Ottawa
Windows Mail has always behaved erratically since it was started on my Dell Vista machine. After transferring all my old Outlook Express messages to Mail, the program would do things such as not display the contents of folders or keep saying there was nothing in folders when there was, etc. I came across a third party shareware utility program called WMUtil from the OEHelp.com website that...
November 25th 07 02:01 AM
by Renato pinheiro Go to last post
5 221
Contact Birthdays by emerald1538
Why does the contacts birthday show as the day before it actually is?
November 25th 07 02:21 AM
by Dave Go to last post
4 183
HELP! Transfering old Outlook Express inbox to new Vista Windows Mail by Desirée
I'm pulling my hair out! I successfully migrated my "drafts" and "sent" mail folders from my ancient Windows 98/OE 6 computer to my new Vista computer, BUT haven't been able to transfer my "inbox". I'm using a Zip drive to do the transfer and because I had over 3000 messages in my old inbox, I couldn't do it all at once. The "draft" and "sent" messages transferred over nicely. They are in a...
November 25th 07 06:15 AM
by Jdr Go to last post
1 262
How to change default spam directory ? by Severin
Hi, I'd like to change he directory where Windows Mail move spam mail because I don't have rights to create the good directory on my IMAP account. Thanks, Severin
November 25th 07 10:08 AM
by Severin Go to last post

From The