Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
email by Cannot open attachments is windows mail
Hi, In windows mail I try to open an attatchment and get: CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE SET ASSOCIATIONS CONTROL PANEL How do I do that? Thank you:)
February 18th 09 01:22 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 390
HP Printer won't print, except for test page by Mike
I have an HP Photosmart 7550 that was working fine. Now for some reason, it prints nothing, except for the test pages. Those print immediately. I've tried to print email, Internet, Word documents, etc. No luck. I can see it go to the que and it says the job is printing, but then suddenly it goes blank. The printer isn't receiving anything.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 09 01:16 PM
by justin666 Go to last post
12 695
I am unable to send or receive messages on any of my microsoft mai by Ginger
iam using microsoft ultimate vista. All suggestions are appreciated. --
February 18th 09 11:47 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 327
sending mail by sending through aol on outlook
i keep getting this message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The...
February 18th 09 06:23 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 329
Help with windows vista mail, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F by ASM
For two days now I haven't been able to send or receive any emails. I have contacted BT who are no help whatsoever! It is becoming increasingly frustrating. Every time I try and send or receive mail the following message appears Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account:...
February 18th 09 06:23 AM
by Vespera Go to last post
5 351
Windows Live Mail Error ID:0x80048820 by Hank[_3_]
Hi, I need a little help. I have a windows vista home basic. This error keeps showing up when I try and send mail: Server Error: 0x80048820 Server: http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error:0x80048820 It also says"Windows Live Mail needs to download the folders before you can read messages in this account. To download the foldes, click Download"
February 18th 09 05:57 AM
by Azariah Go to last post
3 440
I NEED HELP by DEVAL JACOBS
I DONT KNOW MY POP3 OR MY IMAP SERVER NAMES. HELP PLEASE.
February 18th 09 05:46 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
3 324
How can I open old DBX files in Windows Vista Mail? by Marek Kukuryk
How can I open old DBX files (from Ouloook Express), containing my old message folders (e.g. inbox, outbox etc.), in the new Windows Vista Mail? I tried to import them, by it did not work... Could anybody help me? Thanks in advance Marek Kukuryk / PL
February 18th 09 05:43 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
9 416
return receipts bouncing back to my colleagues instead of coming t by james
I didn't find this issue in the forum search. I've been notified by a colleague that my return receipt (which they've allowed) is not making it through. Error is coming to back to him: "The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read...
February 18th 09 05:28 AM
by No Name Go to last post
3 472
hola by micaela
como es mail? no entiendo nada puf
February 18th 09 04:51 AM
by micaela Go to last post
0 509
Problems using UW-IMAP server by Paul Galbraith
My IMAP server is UW-IMAP and I've used it for years without trouble. I still have no problems with using Thunderbird as a mail client, and the last time I used Outlook and/or Outlook Express they both worked. However Windows Mail seems to have some challenges. When I try to move a message between folders, I drag a message out of the inbox and into another folder. Windows Mail shows the...
February 18th 09 04:47 AM
by micaela Go to last post
1 384
Send mail by Joyce Boone
Send mail goes to Outbox with error message below. Can you help? The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'UpdaTE', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
February 18th 09 04:16 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 491
Sending mail by leasmum
When i click send and received the messages come in fine but the outgoing mail won't go. The mail isn't stuck I can delete them with no problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 09 03:51 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
29 3,185
wlm slow by minimus[_3_]
Compared to wm, wlm starts up later... Once it starts up it is ok, but it feels a bit clumsy, bulky... (on a core 2 duo 1gb ram machine)
February 18th 09 03:04 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 381
Windows Mail Menu Freeze by AutocadUser
Thank you Gary. I believe you are right, it is BitDefender messing with it. I can be intrusive, and I got no solutions from BD factory, just run around. Not sure on the Live part, will investigate if this could be viable for me Thank you for your input. Ralph
February 18th 09 02:57 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 283
Windows mail login by tatyson
I have never had to use a password to get or send messages. Today I logged on after not being on for a week and now windows security is asking for a logon name and password. What the heck happened? I have been slowly downloading the updates and yes I am behind in downloading them. I am on dialup so it takes a while to download them. Is this some type of new security? I don't want to...
February 18th 09 02:55 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 307
How to Extract e-mail addresses from Mail (Comma Deliminated Forma by FedCURE.org
Issue: How do you extract all e-mail addresses from Mail Contacts in comma deliminated format to one file? -- CIO FedCURE.org
February 18th 09 02:36 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 359
Windows Mail Export Messages by RWS
Where does the file created using export messages go?? -- RWS
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 09 02:16 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
13 704
Windows Mail Accounts, Outlook Identities by mitchell
Hello wise ones, I have used Outlook Express for many years. I had several Identities and could easily switch between them. Now I have Windows Mail (Vista) and I set up two accounts (one for me, one for Betsy). Currently the email is stuck on Betsy's account. I cannot find a way to switch to my account. And all of "our" mail is coming to her mailbox. How can I again communicate independant...
February 18th 09 02:11 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 422
unable to access yahoo thru vista by ueagle
i can't open yahoo mail thru my vista, it keeps shunting back to entering my password, it sates my browser setting is incorrect, does smoebody has a similar problem? can any body help -- ueagle
February 18th 09 02:02 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The