Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts? by FedCURE.org
Issue: Duplicate Contacts after importing *.wab folder from Outlook Express 6 to Windows Mail. Need Resolution. Thanks, -- CIO FedCURE.org
February 18th 09 01:56 AM
by FedCURE.org Go to last post
0 286
Windows Mail- Create Mail and Contacts Slow to Load by FedCURE.org
Issues: 1. Opening Create Mail and Contacts slow to load. Condition: Condition present after inmporting *.wab folder from Outlook Express 6. Folder contains 10,000 contacts (42MB). Issue resolves when Contacts deleted. Resolution please. Soonest.
February 18th 09 01:51 AM
by FedCURE.org Go to last post
0 296
Sending mail to a Hotmail account by Daniel2265
I have been using Windows Mail in conjunction with a non-hotmail related isp for about 4 months without a problem. Recently I have found that when I send an email (with or without attachments) to a hotmail.com email address, it does not arrive. My Windows Mail page indicates that the email has been sent and is not stuck in my outbox. I also do not receieve any error or undeliverable...
February 18th 09 01:47 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 331
Returning to message list...not the next message by dperryvance
When I am in a message and hit the delete button, I want it to take me back to message list, not automaitcally to the next message. In outlook I knew where to do this, with windows mail I am not able to.
February 18th 09 01:42 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 377
Problem sending links and pages with windows mail by skill2bill
Hi, I have a problem when I try to send a page or link to a page to myself......I am using Yahoo mail as my main mail server, but whenever I try to send a page or a link to myself....my windows mail service opens up instead of my Yahoo mail service....and then if I do try to send it to myself, it never even gets sent to my yahoo mail box....it just stay in the windows mail box....I want my...
February 18th 09 01:37 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 303
Not Receiving my website emails in my Windows Mail Inbox. by josie[_2_]
Hello Helpful Person! Thank you for reading my question! Good Karma is being sent your way. I have two websites that have 4 email addresses that I have forwared to my personal email inbox (Windows Mail). This way I can have all my emails in one place and I dont have to visit more than one spot to check emails. I am hosting with Network Solutions. I went online to Network Solutions and...
February 18th 09 01:30 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 362
I need help please. by Josie Lochner
i would like to know how to set up a windows email but i also have an account with yahoo. can you tell me exactly what to do. i get stuck on the sending emails. it doesn't let me pass through the server account and password. please help asap. thanks alot.
February 18th 09 01:18 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 354
Import messages to Windows Mail from Netscape by KarlK
Windows Vista Help says "Windows Mail can import messages from a variety of popular e‑mail programs, such as Eudora and Netscape Communicator". However, I don't find that as option under FileImportMessages which is how the Help file says to do it. Has anyone been able to do this or know how to? Thanks. -- KarlK
February 18th 09 01:14 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
1 305
pls help ...with microsoft mail by nnj925
Can someone help me I am trying to sign up on my new sony laptop (vista) for the mail...i keep getting a server error...here is what it says.. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject '$600 Share luxury apt/pvt room ', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001,...
February 18th 09 12:55 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
1 289
Hotmail in Windows Mail etc by mac
When you set up Hotmail in the e-mail program on your PC or mobile device, you may be asked for the following information: POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995) POP SSL required? Yes User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587) Authentication...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 09 12:24 AM
by Ann[_2_] Go to last post
26 1,001
Outlook 2003 and Windows Mail by Kathryn Scheller
Is there any way to share contacts between Outlook 2003 and Windows Mail?
February 18th 09 12:17 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 343
Needing to type credentails over and over. by Johny
Whenever I use my Windows Mail I always have to type the credentials. When I check the box remember. Iguess I could say it had something to do with because I was messing with cookies but I put it back on default so i'm not sure if that is the problem. So how can I make i t so I don't have to all the time.
February 18th 09 12:14 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 352
MAPI Compatible by Val
Trying to send invoices from Simply 2008. Error message says mail account is not MAPI compatile. What does this mean? I was using Outlook - now running vista and using Windows Mail.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 09 12:07 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
10 607
IMAP problem in Windows mail by ken
Hello: I am using aol as my email account (server = imap.aol.com) and have no trouble receiving my emails in Windows Mail, but when I try to send messages, I get a message stating: "Your IMAP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond?" I click "yes" but just get the same message over and over and the message doesn't get...
February 18th 09 12:05 AM
by Rich/rerat Go to last post
2 288
Live messenger - Windows Live mail by rafpbr
So here's my problem: when I open Messenger and I have new mails, when I click on the 'Inbox' icon, Windows Live Mail runs and so there are my mails... A week ago, I created a new e-mail, but if I want to go to my Inbox on Messenger, instead of opening Windows Live Mail, it shows me my Inbox on Internet Explorer... I can't remember, if I did anything special with my first e-mailadress...
February 18th 09 12:03 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 304
Windows Mail by Patricia Dunn
I have a new computer, Vista pkg. ? Windows Mail page is off to the right and I can't see the red x and some of my mail sentences are off the page. How can I center the page. Dragging it won't work? Are there Folders I can save mail in? How do I start that. and were do I check auto fill for contacts e mail addresses. Thanks, PJD.
February 17th 09 11:43 PM
by mac Go to last post
2 376
have no email access sos by Carol Truby
February 17th 09 10:57 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
2 386
HELP by NICHOLE
I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT FROM ME I OMLY HAVE A YAHOO ACCOUNT AND DONT KNOW HOW TO SETUP A MICROSOFT EMAILO
February 17th 09 10:52 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 489
Cannot attach files in windows mail by mosandconsult
I am using Vista Home Premium and Windows Mail 6.0 (brand new computer, and I am not used to Vista and Windows Mail). I have sorted out most issues, but run into problems when I try to send an email with an attachment. I find the Word-doc on my disk and attach it correctly, but when I press send, Mail complains that it can't find the document. This is a stand-alone PC with my user as the only...
February 17th 09 10:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 395
Bring back messages to hotmail inbox by Carle
I have linked my live account to my Windows Mail but now my live inbox is empty. How can I bring back all those important messages to my live-hotmail inbox? This means I can not check my hotmail-live inbox any more from a different computer than mine? What if I'm traveling around the world without my laptop? HELP Please !!! I need to reverse this
February 17th 09 10:31 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The