Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How do you add bcc to email by Sandra & Ross
I want to be able to choose between 'to' 'cc' and 'bcc' for sending emails. Using 'bcc' means that other recipients can't see other peoples email addresses. I had it on Outlook express but I can't remember how to set it up. Can you help me please.
February 17th 09 12:15 PM
by stu hamilton Go to last post
1 285
windows mail coming up by Terrena
Hi i just got a new keyboard and when i press my mail button on it it keeps coming up with windows mail. But i use windows live mail howe do i set the keyboard to go to windows live mail my old keyboard used to go to windows live but this new one doesn't. My new keyboard is the microsoft comfort curve keyboard 2000 v1.0 do i have to update my windows live email for the keyboard to pick it up.
February 17th 09 01:44 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 327
My Live-hotmail account inbox Desappeared by Carle Betancourt
I have linked my live account to my Windows Mail but now my live inbox is empty. How can I bring back all those important messages to my live-hotmail inbox? This means I can not check my hotmail-live inbox any more from a different computer than mine? What if I'm traveling around the world without my laptop? HELP Please !!!
February 17th 09 12:48 AM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 266
Windows Mail Accounts by Phil Rhodes
I didn't have a problem setting up Windows Mail for my new laptop - my account works fine. But when I set up an 'Identity' for my wife, then tried setting up her Windows Mail account, I ran into trouble - I got a pop up from Vista saying "Identity's" are no longet used by Windows Mail. Set up an "Individual User Account". But I thought that was what I was doing! Is Vista telling me I can't...
February 17th 09 12:13 AM
by Phil Rhodes Go to last post
3 289
e-mail server by Nina[_3_]
What is the e-mail server Windows Mail uses?
February 16th 09 11:28 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
2 286
Question by donniep75
How can I keep Windows Mail from opening the next message after I delete a message? I would prefer it to return to the message list. Thanks for any suggestions.
February 16th 09 09:06 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 318
computer crash by Maxxuse
My computer crashed and I had to format and lost everything. Is there any way to retrieve my saved and unread mail and all of my contacts
February 16th 09 07:49 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
4 309
February 16th 09 07:39 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
2 335
Mail - How are threads linked by MartinInBath
I am using VISTA Ultimate and the Mail program for managing emails. All is well apart from the automated thread linking of mails based on subject. Sometimes this is a great features and helps me track threads. Sometimes its a pain! How do I unlink individual emails that are not linked in any other way other than by the subject? Or if not possible (which would be a shame) how do I turn this...
February 16th 09 07:30 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
3 369
Email set up by Patty[_3_]
I recently changed my carrier from verizon.net to comcast.net and for some reason I keep getting this error message on my e-mails. I thought the incoming and outgoing mail would be set to mail.comcast.net. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: Budget Calculator', Account: 'mail.comcast.net (1)', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,...
February 16th 09 06:23 PM
by Rich/rerat Go to last post
3 333
Odd Googlegroups phenomenon by Gordon[_8_]
Using WM in Outlook Newsreader mode. When replying to a post in an MS Newsgroup that has been posted from Googlegroups, the "" character is missing from the quoted text and I have to add it. Why should this be? (Thunderbird replies correctly, adding the "" character to each line of quoted text). -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
February 16th 09 05:16 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 377
vista mail set up by Don N
I am trying to set up my windows mail but it doesn't want to accept my msn.com acount. how do I do this?
February 16th 09 04:23 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 316
Can't create group contacts by TJ[_3_]
I just started using Windows mail on my new computer. I've set up a bunch of contacts. I read the Help file on setting up Groups, but when I try to open a new group, I just see the word Contact, not Group. Have I lost it or what??
February 16th 09 04:19 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
2 331
Trying to get btinternet onto new vista laptop by ALF
Hi, going slightly mental here. basically, have a talk21 account with btinternet, pop3/smpt etc. worked absoultely fine on old laptop (XP outlook 98 with AVG & zonealarm running). set up the account settings on my new laptop with vista (supplied with mcafee) and it just will not connect to the mail servers, initially
February 16th 09 04:18 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 263
Need help by Jason Sutton
I can not conect to me server and I get this eroor The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop-server.wi.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.wi.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E my server addresses are pop-server.wi.rr.com smtp-server.wi.rr.com
February 16th 09 04:15 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 280
Sorting my mail by received from by ynot1967
I am trying to catagorize my received mail by senders name, ie: if i receive an email from say Jan, Then i scroll down the list to mail from her and either open or collapse her mail. Just as in Outlook and i think if i remember correctly Outlook express also. As it is right now, all received mail is in just one big looooooong list and going through all options i dont see anything to allow me...
February 16th 09 03:58 PM
by ynot1967 Go to last post
3 320
Sort/group mail by sender by ynot1967
I am trying to sort/group my mail by senders name. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance, Tony.
February 16th 09 03:56 PM
by ynot1967 Go to last post
2 286
windows mail by Renee[_3_]
ok i need help setting up this windows mail. i dont know what to put in the server name?? i need help..Renee
February 16th 09 01:35 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 285
email by weerd
ik krijg alleen maar postvak in tevoor schijn weet iemand hoe ik dat veranderen ken gr arno
February 16th 09 01:04 PM
by weerd Go to last post
0 364
Compact message store by Bobbie[_2_]
why can't i find an answer about compacting message store? Should I do it or not? -- bobbie Running Vista windows mail
February 16th 09 12:32 PM
by VistaRookie[_210_] Go to last post

From The