Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
can't use windows mail, help by anna
have been using windows mail regularly for months and even last night however today it decides to ask to logon and when i put in username and password it doesnt accept it. I have gone to tools, accounts, properties, servers and the password authentication box is unchecked, but still it asks me to logon.
May 20th 10 08:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 429
CONFIRMATION by sosa hala
"amar.agourar" a écrit dans le message de ...
May 20th 10 03:37 PM
by sosa hala Go to last post
0 390
print preview problem in windows mail by Nikhilesh
I can't see print preview of my incoming & outgoing mails... There is a mail in my inbox, how can i get to know whether it should be print in portrait or landscape mode? I am helpless, it is looking like in portrait but some text (a particular coloum) is missing on printed page nor it came on the next page. Then i printed it in landscape mode...But how can i get to know that whether it should...
May 20th 10 12:44 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 408
"Contacts can not be loaded" Windows mail error by Supergreek
When I try to open up windows mail I get the message "Contacts failed to load". When I hit OK i get a new message "Windows mail cannot be started, the application was unable to initialize the Windows Contacts. Your computer may be out of memory or the hard drive may be full (error code0x8004104E) ." My computers drive is not full and I am not out of memory. After I hit OK to that it says...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 10 10:24 AM
by Roger Vannutte Go to last post
14 833
Using Windows Mail in Windows & - $%#$$%#@! MS ruined it! by Stubbo of Oz
I have been using Windows Mail (copied from Vista) in my Windows 7 computer for nearly 6 months without any problems. Now, since Windows update KB978542 was installed a couple of days ago it has stopped working. It appears as a running program in Windows Task manager but the user interface never appears. I have done a System Restore to before KB978542 and Windows Mail
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 10 09:59 AM
by mac Go to last post
14 993
Newsgroup Messages by Colin Wynn
My newsgroup messages have disappeared from view from within Windows Mail. I'm running Vista Ultimate and everything has been fine until about 2 days ago. My newsgroups show that I have 'x' number of messages but none display at all. I've reset the odd newsgroup and requested the headers and it shows that it's downloading the headers but none show. Then when I've downloaded several thousand...
May 20th 10 09:11 AM
by mac Go to last post
4 467
another non sender. by debintexas
I haven't been able to send since yesterday. Here is my errror message The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' ', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E now what?
May 20th 10 09:09 AM
by mac Go to last post
4 514
Can't send email with attachments by lindersmom
Since May 12th I can not send any emails with attachments, Here is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Fw: [Our Tea Party pictures of "The day that changed America".', Account: 'LindersMom', Server: 'outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 20th 10 12:51 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
11 769
Unable to delete an email account by Bill 345
I have two AOL email accounts. I want to delete one which has nothing but spam coming to it but I am having alot of trouble in trying to get rid of it.
May 19th 10 11:54 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 474
windows mail not opening pictures by paradisi
in the last two days windows mail in Vista doesnt open any pictures in emails. – not attchments – the pretty pics used by most commercial emailers – to let you know their logo, their lastest offerings etc etc All I get is a border with a little x in the top left hand corner I havent changed anything. (unless the last auto windows update did) Tools Option Read does not have "read in plain txt"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 19th 10 09:03 PM
by VistaRookie[_672_] Go to last post
10 828
I can't send emails! by maymorning
I sent an email yesterday, but have been unable to ever since. I get the following error message: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper...
May 19th 10 07:02 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 434
emails not on server by KimB[_2_]
I got a new Motorola Droid and have set it up to receive my emails (it was done at the Verizon store) Ever since then, the emails are streaming straight through to my phone and not accessible on my laptop. I have gone into the account options and checked "save a copy of email on server until deleted from inbox", but I still cannot access any of my emails on my laptop. Any ideas? ...
May 19th 10 06:51 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
6 447
CAN´T SEND MAIL, REAL HELP PLS! by Monique
Hi, I set up my account using the provided instructions from my provider and it worked for couple of emails and then the following error came up: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'borrar', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have tried all the...
May 19th 10 06:43 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 491
E-mails by Molehole
I am using Windows Vista and Windows Mail. most of my e-mails are OK but recently I have been getting the sound notification of a new message and the note at the bottom of the 'mail'page saying I have 1 new message but it is no where to be seen. I have checked 'deleted', 'junk mail' and all my message rules but I cannot solve this problem which has only just started in the last few days....
May 19th 10 05:44 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 529
Microsoft Discussion Groups Question by JamesJ[_5_]
undersdtand that Microsoft is abandoning newsgroups for the web forums (I hope I phrased that correctly.) For the first time I went lurking in the Microsoft Discussion Groups. My problem is I couldn't find a category for any Microsoft Office products or Microsoft Secutrity Essentials. Maybe I didn't look long enough. If I did and there are no categories for these products here why do we need to...
May 19th 10 04:05 PM
by matt Go to last post
4 503
Problem with font -- HELP by Moose
I can't get a question mark on screen in the body of my e-mail, even when I press the question mark key. What I get instead is a capital E with an accent on top. I tried changing the font, but it didn't seem to work. Can someone help? Thanks. -- Moose
May 19th 10 12:17 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 441
Unable to delete / empty my deleted mail box by gsinnc
I used to be able to right click on the "deleted items" folder in my mail box and get an option "empty deleted items" and could permanently delete the items. Now when I try this function I get an "unknown error" message and it will not let me delete them.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 19th 10 12:09 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
10 864
Windows Mail.EXE Error # 0X800C0155,2 by Lodor
After downloading Service Pack 1 I get the following error messages: "Windows Mail could not be started. the application was unable to open the windows message store. your Windows Mail mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open Windows Mail again. 0x800c015,2 When I click OK I then get:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 10 07:22 AM
by facebook.com Go to last post
34 1,865
accessing my yahoo mail by Eyzzforu
Could someone explain how I can access my yahoo mail send and receive also thru windows mail? I am finding this very difficult as I did as Outlook Express long ago? Do I have to delete windows mail, it pops up and tried to send mail under my yahoo mail address and will not let do it... Please help or advise.
May 19th 10 02:20 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 518
HP Boot MGR failed to find os loader--File repair os failure-0x2 by annie
I have a 6150 hp that has restart repair failure. Problem event name Signature 01Autofailover Signature 02 6.0.6000.16386.6.6000.16386 Signature 03 0 Signature 04 65537 Signature 05 unknown Signature 06 MissingOsLoader What can be done to correct this problem????????HELP
May 19th 10 02:05 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post

From The