Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cannot send mail using windows mail by Amanda
I am getting the bwlow error when I send mail Header download for the '' folder did not complete. Could not select '' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2
May 12th 10 12:01 AM
by Andie Go to last post
3 402
Wordview.Document.8 by Daniel
Unable to open the above for a message says need to set up a "file association" Am running Wind. Vista Premium Home and went to file sharing and turned on 2 of the switches and clicked on "Apply". and tried again. No luck. I have opened many documents before with the .doc extention. I did turn the 2 switches off. Is it a bad file or maybe the "Trend Antivirus" program firewall is preventing...
May 11th 10 09:13 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 386
individual mail accounts by Nick
After having a joint email account for years, we now have the need for seperate email accounts too. I want to be able to have her personal emails go to her account and mine to mine so, for example, all her Facebook responses go to her individual account instead of our joint email account. How can I do this? Thanks
May 11th 10 05:49 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 349
Help!! Is there any way I can get a deleted folder back?? by NZuser
Hello, I accidentally did a shift delete on one of my folders as it was highlighted instead of the e-mail I wanted to delete. Is there any way I can retrieve this?? :-)
May 11th 10 05:25 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 445
Can receive but can't send emails on Windows Mail by NZAV Chik
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'good site for random camping sales', Account: 'Rowena', Server: 'smtp.slingshot.co.nz', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 202.180.66.218 (202.180.66.218:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 This is the error message I get when I try to send emails. Up until a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 10 05:23 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
11 642
"Message creation failed; mailbox is full." by darren
how do i delete e-mails
May 11th 10 04:47 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 443
Emails getting stuck in outbox- Please HELP... by pjryan
I have just starting having problems sending emails from Windows mail. Each time I send the email gets stuck in the outbox and does not move. I click on the send/receive tab and the following message comes up. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject '', Account:...
May 11th 10 02:06 PM
by nosa benson Go to last post
9 459
An unknown error has occured. by sa
I can't delete any messages or move messages from my InBox to other folders without getting "an unknown error has occured". Does anyone know how I can fix this?
May 11th 10 12:31 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 405
Cannot send mail due to SMTP server error by Warren1400
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. The rejected e-mail address was ' '. Subject ' For account', Account: 'SaberNet', Server: 'smtp.saber.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 11th 10 11:26 AM
by nico vissers Go to last post
51 1,635
Can't send e-mail - curioser and curioser by mazorj
If this post appears, then... I can post a new post to this group using WM. But when I tried to reply to the kacey23 post that this appeared to be a similar problem - my reply hung just like my e-mails do! I get the same error message as before. What gives?
May 11th 10 05:49 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 339
Unable to send via windows mail by nufcquigs
Hi everyone, I am having trouble sending via windows mail, one day it was working and then for some reason it doesnt. I can still received email but unable to send. I have all correct settings, I have deleted ac**** and re installed account, changed port settings as requested and still get the same error. which is the following The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might...
May 11th 10 05:45 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
6 366
Using multiple email address aliases in Windows Mail by Jeff Ruell
If I have multiple email aliases for my POP email account how can I change which one I use for the response? Or does it default to only one in my preferences under tools? Thank you. Bill Suits
May 11th 10 02:17 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 287
mail not being sent by skysong
I am using Microsoft Windows Mail version 6.0 with Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 8. When I send some emails they go through just fine. Then, for no apparent reason, one will not go through. A copy gets put in my Sent folder and there is nothing in the Drafts folder. But nobody receives their mail. I also include myself as a test. I do not receive it either. I have a Gmail account...
May 10th 10 11:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
6 329
cant retrieve 2nd email address emails by AMHillbilly28
When I open my windows mail it is only checking my first email, not the 2nd. When I go to webmail for the 2nd email address, the emails are there, but even if I leave them as unmarked, they don't appear in my windows mail. I do have the "include this account when receiving mail" checkbox ticked
May 10th 10 11:29 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 302
Stationary in Windows Live Mail by FDLeyda
How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? How can I change the folder that Stationary is stored in for Windows Live Mail ? FDLeyda
May 10th 10 07:52 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 376
Cannot Download mail from my pop3 account to Windows mail by Matt Cabourn
Hello, I am having trouble downloading mail from my isp pop3 account. Please could somebody help? I receive the following error message: Account: ', Server: 'pop3.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 Up until about 5 days ago I could...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 10th 10 07:45 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
34 1,231
mail box by george
hi evry time somebody tries to send me mail they get it back stating mail box full how do i go about emptying it
May 10th 10 06:46 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 414
Can't open files by scrutsmom
Hello -- I'm sure this isn't the proper place to post my problem, but thought I'd start here anyways. Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely computer-stupid, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, and yahoo email. For some reason, I'm unable to open attachments that have been sent to me, and saved to my computer. PLEASE HLP!! These are important...
May 10th 10 06:11 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 312
Windows Mail Problem by Commercial Realtro
I have a couple of business email accounts that I have been using through windows mail to condense those accounts into one place. I have had no problems and have not changed anything. When I hit send/receive, I get an error message on one of the accounts. I have tried doing what the help tab suggested but no change. Any help you can offer? Pasting the error message below: Account:...
May 10th 10 05:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 318
Cannot Send of Receive by Joe[_27_]
How dinfo?o I find our my smtp & pop3
May 10th 10 03:34 PM