Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sending e-mail messages when in Europe by Dorissdad
When I go from the UK to Europe eg France, I can recieve messages, but cannot send them. (I'm sorry I can't paste the error because I'm now back home in UK!) Do I need to change any settings when away from my normal service provider (Virgin Media) or in Windows Mail? (I can get round the problem using Mail2web but its a bind!) I am off to Greece in 2 weeks & would like to sort this....
May 7th 10 06:06 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 370
Lost my sent, deleted on my taskbar at the top by Carolyn
I have lost my sent, deleted file names on my toolbar. I tried moving the others over to no avail.
May 7th 10 05:11 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 310
Attachment issue by lloydhughes
I regularly receive emails in which i have to save the information onto my computer (data base stuff). However all of a sudden the attachment is trying to open in windows media. How do i change it back to opening in it@s original format?
May 7th 10 03:15 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 336
Can't send scanned items...always an error code...can't resolve it by kastles
Always the same error codes: #1 The connection to server has failed. Your IMAP command could not be sent to server due to non-network errors. This could be for example, indicate lack of memory on your system. Then details my configuration #2 Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. Your server has unexpectedly...
May 7th 10 01:09 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 321
Qu'est-ce que:Compacter la banque de messages? by DE REKIA TO LUC[_2_]
Bonjour, Il paraît que le compactage de la banque de messages, c'est de L'ESPIONNAGE pour surveiller la correspondance entrante et sortante des personnes afin de les surveiller. Je crois que c'est vraiment ça. Moi, je prends mon mal en patience, j'annule et je continue mon travail, et si j'ai un message confidentiel ou intime, je l'envoie puis je l'efface. "Luc" wrote:
May 7th 10 10:03 AM
by DE REKIA TO LUC[_2_] Go to last post
0 368
Accessing Mail from Charter.net by Ron Dean
I have been unable to get my mail from Charter.net server to come into Windows Mail. Is there a way to get it imported?
May 7th 10 06:31 AM
by morten Fredriksen Go to last post
2 409
server error by MEL
A message pops up saying that my servers are incorrect and its says the following "The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'UN information', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" and it also says this "The host 'POP3' could not be found....
May 7th 10 05:24 AM
by Donna Ledford Go to last post
6 372
pop3 by Glenn Tillison
how to get pop3 and SMPT acct. working
May 7th 10 12:12 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 390
Message cannot be sent... by Trish58[_2_]
Hi, can anyone help please: for the past couple of days I have been unable to send emails. Error message as pasted - The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need...
May 7th 10 12:11 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 325
Font default in windows mail it worked gary set to 12 by Guch
Great gary worked per your instructions, so hard to get answers from microsoft. This forum will follow your answers. Thanks so much * Will always look for your responses to my questions. On the web it said it cant be done. takes hours to look at web pages, to a simple question and waste all your time. Im going to windows 7 , have allways used microsoft products no matter
May 7th 10 12:10 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 332
Use of Bcc with Windows mail by c300man
When I use the Bcc option for sending an email the recipients do not show up when I pull up the email from my 'Sent' folder. How do I change that? Often times I like to know who I have sent an email to. Thanks.
May 6th 10 08:13 PM
by анна Go to last post
4 319
wrong address by Juan Carlos[_6_]
How can I correct my Windows Mail address?
May 6th 10 08:12 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 377
Keep mail on orginal mail server and windows mail by bjendrey
I am trying to figure out why I cannot keep my e-mail on the original server (yahoo) and see it in my windows mail window only when I am at that particular computer. I need to have it on both. Any suggestions?
May 6th 10 06:21 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 325
cannot send email with attachment? by dpvan
I am using hotmail. I checked all the setting is ok. All email without attachment go out ok but with attachment it doesn't work. The sending is slow and there were no outcome.
May 6th 10 05:17 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 344
I'm stuck. Does any body know what settings AOL uses to so I can use my Windows Mail? Where would I find this info? by tk
This is my error message when I attempt to send a message: The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'pics', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
May 6th 10 03:33 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 388
Enable spell check by mac
Go to the tools menu in the main window of Windows Mailoptionsspelling tabin the drop down list of languageschoose Frenchapply. Now in the drop down list of languageschoose EnglishapplyOK you should be OK to spell check now. --
May 6th 10 02:22 PM
by mac Go to last post
0 316
Live Mail by Noor Motani
I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it deletes some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my sister with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then disappeared. Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have set up the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As I do not know how to setup...
May 6th 10 05:43 AM
by ...winston Go to last post
2 364
"The folder could not be created." by Shirley Robbins
I've created mail folders in the past with no trouble. Today, I get the message that "the folder could not be created." Is this another of the things like the phantom mail in the outbox? Is there a utility to solve this problem? Thanks for any help! Shirley
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 10 04:34 AM
by Thomas Go to last post
10 637
help by Adam Doe
I can't seem to figure out the servers for my windows live account on here. any help?
May 5th 10 10:36 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 380
signature by Mark
I would like to have a signature block and logo at the end of all outgoing e-mails. I can enter an signature and address, but I don't know how to include a logo from a jpg file. Can you help me? Mark
May 5th 10 06:37 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post

From The