Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can't send/receive!! by Help!
Hi, out of the blue I am now being asked to enter in my username and password when I go into windows mail - how can I fix!! Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Username and password not accepted.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 17th 08 05:46 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
28 873
Cant recieve emails by Mark Warrener
wonder if anyone can help.. Im tyring to set up a windows live mail acc that will work with my orange broadband email acc.. which is an @fsmail.net email acc.. The thing is.. i can send out emails and they come form my @fsmail.net acc.. but i cant receive any emails from anyone.. Yet if i log onto orange , and goto my email acc on there, the emails sent will be there... Confused or what..
December 17th 08 05:32 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 261
Can't delete corrupted email from Outbox by Itisi
On my mother's Vista-notebook there is an email in the Outbox which seems to be corrupted, possibly because my mother tried to add a way too large attachment to it. Anyway, the contents of the email is not shown in the splitscreen, instead it says something like "Can't show the contents" (translated). I am trying to delete this email from the Outbox but I can't, because if I do it comes up...
December 17th 08 05:11 AM
by Itisi Go to last post
2 298
Cannot Send Email by RocDoc
I am unable to send any emails. When I click "Send", it sends the email to my Outbox. Everything worked fine on Friday. I have checked my settings and nothing appears to have changed. I have another email account with the same ISP provider and it works.
December 17th 08 04:41 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 442
Can not send mail! by designer1215
Up until a few days ago, I have been using windows mail for 2-email address's and it has been working out perfectly. Now it will receive messages but will not send. This is the message I get: The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' PVE', Account: 'mail.pizzeriaventi.com', Server: 'mail.pizzeriaventi.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error...
December 17th 08 04:34 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 304
account by whookid
how do i set up email and server for windows mail?
December 17th 08 04:25 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 298
Adding windows mail to receive my comcast mail by Vicki
I am setting up a wireless network with my comcast cable modem since I purchased a new laptop. I am trying to be able to continue receiving my comcast mail in my outlook on my desktop but also receiving it in windows mail on my new laptop. I was able to receive mail on windows mail lastnight but those messages did not go to my outlook, I am also unable to send outgoing messages from...
December 17th 08 02:53 AM
by Colton[_3_] Go to last post
4 321
amizade by Denise[_6_]
December 17th 08 02:34 AM
by Denise[_6_] Go to last post
0 287
the flying shoe at the presented bush by jim
the flying shoe was the moist crazy thang that i never seen in my life.but i had too give credit to Mr. bush of keeping his cool, and making a jokeabout the whole thang.If that was me i would be mad.Just thank that could been a bulet or a some type of weapon.wow what a crazy world we live in.
December 16th 08 10:11 PM
by jim Go to last post
0 277
Deleted Mail Found by Jose
I recently was correcting the error for windows media center, and I found pretty much every email I have ever sent or received stored on my computer during a search of the repair. How do I remove them entirely?
December 16th 08 10:08 PM
by Jose Go to last post
0 238
sending mail by judrop
When I try to send a page from a web site a message comes up saying my mail server is not installed correctly, What do I need to do?
December 16th 08 08:55 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 238
Cannot access windows e mail by swjcpm
Mail kept crashing over a period of days. I could receive but had to 'Restart' my laptop every time that I wished to Send. Now I cannot access Window Mail. Still receiving either 1 or both of the following messages:- 1). An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0148:- 2). An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server:...
December 16th 08 07:28 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
3 310
new computer...old email files?? by angelarose
Hello. I recently installed a new computer, going from Windows Xp to Vista. I was told my old email files would be sent, however I have been waiting for a few weeks. How can I transfer the files myself? I really need some of the files. Thanks for the help, Angela
December 16th 08 05:46 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 264
Windows Vista Mail Error message by Redgolfer00
Hi, I am a beginner so please be gentle, I am running vista and when I exit Mail, I keep getting message compact box and when I try to compact keep getting following message, (File, Error:0x800C0155) can anybody help please, Redgolfer00
December 16th 08 05:07 PM
by Redgolfer00 Go to last post
2 294
hello by Shantell Mckinnon
hello
December 16th 08 04:38 PM
by ewastudent Go to last post
1 354
deleting contacts by DonnieB_1
I have been reading for over an hour the past posts on troubles associated with deleting contacts from the list. Any new developments? Dragging doesn't work, the delete key doesn't work- no right-click delete option. There has to be a solution other than Windows Live! -- DonnieB_1
December 16th 08 04:13 PM
by marilyn Go to last post
9 337
Can't see my posts by [email protected]
Hi I can receive posts in groups, but when I post they don't appear , I am with terenews and I have e-mailed them over the past couple of weeks, but they don't reply . Can any-body help please you would need to repost any replies as new post Thks Ken ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **
December 16th 08 01:41 PM
by No Name Go to last post
6 353
Windows Mail using almost 100% CPU by Mickey Segal
Much of the time that I'm using Windows Mail my CPU use goes to 100%, with almost all of the use being from WinMail.exe. This CPU hogging slows down other programs. I know that Microsoft is phasing out Windows Mail in favor of Windows Live Mail, but Windows Live Mail is designed in a way that is terrible for computers with small displays, as I outlined at www.segal.org/tablet/live/, so I've...
December 16th 08 01:29 PM
by Mickey Segal Go to last post
1 253
Printing Windows Mail by Ken K
Is it possible to set up mail to print without the "TO:" lists, and if so, how? -- Thanks, Ken
December 16th 08 12:51 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 281
duplicate emails in inbox by Larry P
I get duplicates of all emails sent to my default address in windows mail. I dont have duplicate accounts set up and it only happens when I select save copy at server (which I want it to do - since I use 2 computers). I tried turning off norton. Interestingly it doesn't do it with my other email addresses at comcast, even though I select save at server for them! I tried deleting the...
December 16th 08 12:48 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post

From The