Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
sending email but not sending. by mjk40
here is the message, i have done everything to my mind so far, it has been working for weeks no problem then it just stopped, i can't send emails. my isp has not changed any settings so whats the story, anyhelp. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot...
September 11th 10 09:42 PM
by beatrice tabora Go to last post
3 536
I'm having problems sending e-mail" by Rog913
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'Roger Roa', Server:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 11th 10 07:28 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
13 1,021
WinMail.exe "Windows Mail could not be started" by MacEachern
After many months of reliable service, I have just started receiving the following message whenever I try to start Windows Mail: "Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Mail message store. Your Windows Mail mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 11th 10 05:19 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
19 1,090
sending e-mail by james
Hi there i am very frustrated and am going crazy now as i need to send mail but this is the message i get everytime. i am broadband connection and everything was fine but then it stopped being fine for no reason here is the message i get please help!!!! An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'hi', Account: 'mail.jamesterencewebb.com', Server: 'mail.jamesterencewebb.com', Protocol: SMTP,...
September 11th 10 03:44 PM
by mocks Go to last post
4 523
error in receiving messages. by bransn1
I started getting an error message last night when I tryed to set my emails, and am still getting the same message this morning. The message is as follows The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E What so I need to do. Thanks, Bill
September 11th 10 12:33 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 497
Directory location in Vista for all e-mails by David[_45_]
Hi Need to know the Directory in Windows Vista where Windows Mail stores the e-mails Thanks to anyone considerate enough to take the time to respond David -- David Hawkins-Clarke
September 11th 10 11:49 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
5 475
message rule issue? by blue heeler
I have not been recieving emails all day except from one person when I beagan to investigate I see a Message rule involving his last email to me. I seem to not be getting any emails but from him. I did not set up this rule to my knowledge. I have tried to remove it but to no avail. What do I do?
September 11th 10 05:31 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 503
Trouble Setting up .... by Callie
I can send e-mails but I cannot recieve....Help! Here is a message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
September 11th 10 03:48 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 438
can't send e-mails or any photos by Ann Moss
I need help for I can't send any e - mails through windows mail. Help !!!!
September 11th 10 03:40 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 603
Basci word 2007 by Diane[_10_]
When somebody sends me a email with attachment I can't save or download the document to word. I have comcast as my provider. I have Norton Anti Virus with Comcast. When I try to download attachement to save or open . The Norton Anti Virus screen comes up asking me what I want to do with this attachment. Then it says I have no Virus with them. Then the file comes up but it doesn't tell...
September 11th 10 03:37 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 490
Imap connection by Jim G[_2_]
"Vitian42" wrote: I cannot seem to sent emails from outlook - Imap error says it Windows Mail The host 'imap' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
September 10th 10 10:02 PM
by Jim G[_2_] Go to last post
0 407
e-mail problems by Verne
I am having trouble sending e-mail. I keep getting an error message that says"Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors. How do I fix this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 10 09:50 PM
by Betty Mcneil[_2_] Go to last post
47 2,345
disappearing e-mail by Josette
Hi: My best friend e-mails, with whom I have been corresponding for years, are seen then disappear from my inbox of Windows Mail. I find them in my webmail, along with many others. I have uninstalled my AVG virus program and replaced it with the Microsoft antivirus program, as suggested from previous communications. What else can I do?
September 10th 10 05:44 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 448
error message 0x800ccc0d by Dave[_48_]
I keep getting this error message can anyone help please? Unable to send or receive messages for the pop3 account. The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Server: 'pop3' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D Protocol: POP3 Port: 110
September 10th 10 03:41 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 451
Reciving mail by Gisela
I can send mail, but not recive it. If I post a test email I send's OK but to recive any I have to turn on one of my other computers to download any mail.
September 10th 10 01:20 PM
by Dave N9 Go to last post
1 518
Windows Mail by Harrytu
When I try to start Windows Mail on Vista I get the following message: Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the mail message store. Your windows mail mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete it's operation, then start windows mail again. (0x800C0155,2) No other program is...
September 10th 10 01:18 PM
by Harrytu Go to last post
0 431
Windows Mail by Harrytu
When trying to start windows mail, I ghet the followinmg message: Windows MaiL could not be started. The Application was unable to open Windows mail message store. Your Windows mail box is currently being used by another program, such as virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete it's operation then start Windows Mail again. 0x800C0155,2 Then I get the mesage:
September 10th 10 12:24 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 428
Windows mail syncronization with other mail server by AHA
I recently configured windows mail and configured it for synconization with t-online mailserver. Standard configuration was that the mails on the other mailserver will be deleted after 5 days. However, all incoming mails on my t-online mailserver have been deleted immediately after they were transfered to windows mail. Questions: 1. who is responsible for that? 2. How can I get the mails back...
September 10th 10 12:41 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 459
Re Windows Mail by mk
Since 1st Sept 2010 all my sent items are dated August 2010. Today when I opened Windows Mail I could only see the Inbox and no options for Sent, Junk, Deleted, Draft etc. Anyone had a similar problem?
September 10th 10 12:31 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 407
Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F by winner
When I tried to use my Windows Mail I get the message that my server has unexpected terminated connection - My provider says the problem is with Microsoft- Can anyone tell me how to address this problem ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 10 12:28 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
46 2,512