Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Mail Layout by News \(RR\)
In Outlook Express I was able to have a tripane (3) view. I had folder on the top left and under it was contacts and to the right was the message and under was a preview. What happened to the check box for "Contacts: in View/Layout? It is no longer there. It was nice for speedy emails to know contacts. Just double click the contact and the email is ready to type and send. Charley
October 3rd 06 06:50 PM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
3 576
Message Headers by Guy Cook
I am unable to view full headers of my email messages in windows mail on Vista 64bit Ultimate. Please advise...
October 3rd 06 10:31 PM
by GuyRCook-Vista Go to last post
2 526
New message indication, sometimes false by Eddie Turfboer
Hello everybody, I get new message indications on Windows Mail. I am using an IMAP server, which is actually an exchagne server 2003. I read my email using web access and imap. Now if I have read an email using web access it is marked as read (as it should be) in my inbox folder. However the program reports it to the "outside" (taskbar) as new message arrived, which is correct in the sense...
October 4th 06 07:29 AM
by Eddie Turfboer Go to last post
0 583
full email address as username by admin at justwrong dot com
i own a domain(justwrong.com), and have it hosted on a mail server at an isp(mail.wmol.com). i am able to check my mail with OE by putting the entire email ) as the username. when trying the same with WM it keeps asking me for the password. I can only assume from this that the problem is WM is taking the rest of the email address off, and only sending the...
October 4th 06 06:12 PM
by admin at justwrong dot com Go to last post
0 570
Will I have to go through the BSoD again? by genedefcon2000
Ah, a staple of the Windows 9.X operating system the Blue Screen of death. I remember my Windows 95 machine "blue screened" all the time, and actually the demo PCat COMDEX on April 20,1998 "blue screened", and Bill Gates said, "That must be why we're not shipping Windows 98 yet." Will Vista blue screen? The only time XP blue screened was when a major virus, wrecked my computer.
October 5th 06 04:20 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
5 549
Windows Live Messenger Sharing Folders. by Tim Watson
Hey all, I am trying to create a sharing folder with a friend on Messenger Live but it keeps saying 'Your sharing folders aren't available yet. Please try again in a minute.' It says this with every contact i try to create a folder with, even after hours of uptime on MSN. Also when my friend tries to create the folder with me (he's using XP) he is says that he cant create a folder with me...
October 5th 06 12:49 PM
by Tim Watson Go to last post
0 670
Windows Mail not able to use existing mail store? by Paul C
Does this mean that I'd not be able to transfer the mail back into Outlook Express 6, for example once the Beta version expires or just day-to-day if I need to use my previous OS? "Jim Pickering" wrote: Outlook Express stores it messages in database files with a DBX extension. If using Windows 2000 or XP, those DBX are hidden by the operating system, so when doing a search for files...
October 5th 06 11:09 PM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
1 790
WLMD no longer downloads my WLM messages by jp3g
Hello, I tried finding this on the threads but I couldn't. I've had WLMD over the summer and had no problems up until now. It no longer downloads my live mail messages. What can I do? Error Number is: 0x8004108D Thanks!
October 6th 06 03:19 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 607
Sending mail by Problems sending e-mail
Using the smtp server at comcast.net it is taking 5 minutes to send a simple short e-mail message on Microsoft Mail with Vista. It also keeps accumulating e-mails in the Outbox without sending them. Any ideas? I do have the correct settings from comcast.net - mail.comcast.net (incoming) and smtp.comcast.net (outgoing).
October 6th 06 03:47 PM
by Clark Go to last post
1 608
Can I format my signature in WM by Judy
I would like to be able to format a signautre adding an image and different fonts. Can I use html code? I tried it but just shows up as the code (text) in the siggy. Any ideas or am I missing a setup feature somewhere? Judy
October 6th 06 05:57 PM
by BurrWalnut Go to last post
1 562
Problem getting a ".pst" to come up in Outlook 2007 using VISTA RC by Dave Shrader
I have a couple of .PST's that I need to bring into Outlook 2007 (I am using VISTA BETA RC1). I have run the REPAIR TOOL on both of them and it states all is well. I go to the Data File Management area and add each of the PST's and get ERROR Code "0x8000ffff". Not sure why or what to do now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
October 6th 06 09:46 PM
by Dave Shrader Go to last post
0 570
Wab or WAB alternative? by Photubias
I'm using Vista and Windows Mail regularly now. I imported my old OE addressbook (WAB) but have updated it under windows mail now. I want to create a backup which I can be imported back to OE. But a WAB-file isn't possible any more? (Maybe a freeware converter program?) I can only backup to CSV which isn't too user-friendly 'cause I have to manually give in the categorie's. And vCards are all...
October 6th 06 10:26 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 615
Can Windows mail Import from Outlook 2007 Beta? by Robert E
I have Vista build 5600 and want to try the Windows Mail feature for multiple accounts. My current config uses Outlook 2007 and the old fashiond Mail config util from the control pannel. I tried to import one of the 9 accounts I have and was told by WM that I could not import from IMAP as it has not been installed yet. I've never ran any of the mail I get on or through an IMAP server. Can I...
October 7th 06 03:17 AM
by Robert E Go to last post
2 643
Microsoft Outlook 2007 With Business Contact Manager by tyrone
Hi! I installed Microsoft Outlook 2007 With Business Contact Manager (beta). Several warnings during installation said that MS SQL Server 2005 SP2 needed to be installed in order for the program to work properly. (Microsoft Outlook 2007 With Business Contact Manager (beta) apparently installs MS SQL Server 2005, but not SP2.) A search of MS Web sites, including the download site, did not...
October 7th 06 08:09 AM
by Mills Architect Go to last post
1 564
Receives Okay but NO Send by Ralph Tofflemire
Windows mail will send messages but will not receive at all. -- Best Regards Ralph Tofflemire
October 8th 06 12:17 AM
by Gordon French Go to last post
3 536
Outlook 2k3 Error with Vista by BillyBob
Hello Everyone, I am getting this error when I try to click on anything that has a link in any of my emails: This operation was canceled due to a restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator. I am using MS Outlook 2003 with SP2, on MS Vista Pre-RC 1 Build 5536. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!
October 8th 06 01:15 PM
by Locutus Borg Go to last post
2 985
Windows Mail by Rick Devey
Every time I try to send an email with an Attachment is says that the File cannot be found and never attaches it. How do I resolve this issue? Rick
October 8th 06 04:25 PM
by Rick Devey Go to last post
0 558
IMAP folders - sent items, deleted items etc not synchronising by roy
I can't get windows mail to sync with the sent items / drafts / deleted items in my fastmail IMAP account. For example, if I compose a new email and send it, it places the sent copy in my local sent items folder, not the IMAP sent items folder. I know I had the same problem in mail.app under OSX but there was an option to re-assign special folders. I think this may have something to do with...
October 8th 06 05:00 PM
by roy Go to last post
0 519
windows by alfa code
wuindows
October 8th 06 07:27 PM
by alfa code Go to last post
0 618
Start Menu by ericf10
The Windows Mail E-Mail icon pinned to the Start list has a broken link. When clicked, I receive a message that the item is unavailable and that the application has been moved, renamed, or removed. Does anyone know how to fix this link?
October 9th 06 12:43 AM
by ericf10 Go to last post

From The