Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Start Menu by ericf10
The Windows Mail E-Mail icon pinned to the Start list has a broken link. When clicked, I receive a message that the item is unavailable and that the application has been moved, renamed, or removed. Does anyone know how to fix this link?
October 9th 06 01:30 AM
by Clark Go to last post
1 540
Unnecessary message by Spirefm
Please get rid of the 'Working online' message that Windows Mail and Outlook Express show when it is isn't actually doing anything - for example after completing some downloads. Although I've been seeing this message for years it always make me think its doing something, when its not. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...
October 9th 06 01:20 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
4 554
Cannot open Contacts by Raymond
When I am in word and want to send my document to someone as an attachment, MAIL opns but I cannot access my contacts and I cannot send the message. So what I have to do is close the document , open MAIL address my mail using my contact list, then attach my document. IN XP I use to be able to send my document straight to my mail program and send the mail as I normally would. Any ideas? --...
October 9th 06 03:24 PM
by Raymond Go to last post
0 550
Unable to import Contacts in RC2 by Kiloran
Done a clean install of RC2 today and after transferring files with Easy transfer from Build 5728 found that my Contacts folder was empty. I cannot find the Import/Export selection in Windows Mail to import the details from a `Backup`
October 9th 06 03:24 PM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
3 526
Windows Mail and Attachments by Rick Devey
Every time I try to send an email with an Attachment is says that the File cannot be found and never attaches it. How do I resolve this issue? Rick
October 10th 06 12:56 AM
by Rick Devey Go to last post
3 542
Cant open mail store by J Cullen MCSE
I had RC1 installed on an Intel-P4 PC and was using windows mail. The mother board failed so i pulled the hard drive and put it in a new PC. The OS wouldnt start (New Pc was AMD) so i reinstalled RC1. Had to do a clean install as repair etc wouldnt work. Windows mail cannot open the existing email store, even tho the ..msmessagestore etc are still there (the mail folder was not touched, as I...
October 10th 06 07:41 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 585
Windows Mail Import Problem by David Hankinson
Lemme see if I can explain this. I was running XP Pro SR2 using Outlook Express. Along came RC1 (I won't even bother mentioning Beta 2) and Windows Mail to replace Outlook Express. I've always kept my mail data files on a separate drive so that if I did a complete reformat and reinstall I could always easily point Outlook Express to the proper folder on my D: drive and I'd have all my mail...
October 10th 06 07:47 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
7 608
Cant Get Gmail To Work by Josh G
I have entered all the information from gmail and have configured my gmail account to allow pop, i keep getting the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
October 10th 06 11:23 AM
by hatter Go to last post
5 560
Outlook 2003 Not Saving Windows Size, etc. in Vista RC1 by Woland
After upgrading XP to Vista Outlook no longer saves its window size; it keeps opening in a smaller size with the different panes "squished" instead of the way I set them before closing Outlook. In XP, I expect Outlook to open with the various panes, and the main window as I last closed it. Also, the left folder pane is using a larger font size than before and I cannot find any options to...
October 10th 06 02:12 PM
by Woland Go to last post
1 524
Login username and password by wildtrout
Hi Group, I have a problem logging in to send or get my mail. I’ve entered my account settings exactly matching my existing PC. When I try to log in to my server (cox) to send or get my mail, A “windows security” dialog box pops up calling for “logon to pop.west.cox.net”. “Please verify that both the username and password are correct for your mail server” My user and ...
October 10th 06 04:23 PM
by wildtrout Go to last post
3 623
Outlook Message Import Function Broken in RC2? by Randall C. Kennedy
I'm trying to import messages from my Outlook 2003 message store into Windows Mail under Vista RC2 (5744). I select the desired folders from my Outlook store and the import seems to proceed smoothly. However, when I check the contents of the imported messages all I see are "Chinese" characters - the message bodies are completely indecipherable! Any ideas on why this is happening? FWIW, the...
October 10th 06 08:30 PM
by Randall C. Kennedy Go to last post
0 444
Where are my outlook 2003 messages? by lionel
I can't find my outlook messages anywhere in windows.old! I checked the dir: drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and no pst. files were there. Any ideas? I dont have a backup!
October 10th 06 09:33 PM
by Martin Stein Go to last post
3 486
How do I report a new SPAM message... by Butch
I am using the new Windows Mail that comes with Vista. The SPAM filter isn't bad, but a few messages get through. Is there a way for me to report the message as being SPAM? I don't want to just block it, I want to help out by reporting it, but can't figure out how, or if I am even supposed to be able to do it. Thanks! Butch
October 10th 06 10:06 PM
by Michael Go to last post
7 505
Red highlight by Cheddarhead
I see "some" of my posts in newsgroups, and the newsgroup itself I posted to. is highlighted in Red, but only some of them not all... is this a bug in windows mail? Anyone else notice this... Its much easier to find my stuff and follow up if its highlighted... C
October 11th 06 12:38 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 470
Can not delet message by kayaker
I'm having problems deleting a message and I found a post on/or/around 9/27 with the same problem. I followed all the steps in that post and still can not delet this one message, but I can delete others. I didn't see in that post any results? Has anything further developed to cur this problem? RC1 (5600). Thanks
October 11th 06 03:49 PM
by Bchat Go to last post
6 546
email address as username by admin at justwrong dot com
i own a domain and have it hosted on the mail server at an isp. in order to check my mail, i have to use the entire email address as the password. this worked in OE, but is not working in WM. by the error(below) i think it is trimming the username to not include the @ or anything after it. i have another email address that is like and it check fine, so i know the mail server...
October 11th 06 04:10 PM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
3 599
Anybody having any luck with WMDC Beta 3 on Vista x64 RC2? by ML
I tried installing the WMDC Beta 3 from microsoft (no registry WHOS) but it always hangs at "Please wait while Windows configures.....etc" dialog. My WM5 is already connected and the Windows mobile remote network adapter is installed. However, installing on Vista x86 is fine and working nicely. anybody can shed any light on the x64 problem?
October 11th 06 05:16 PM
by Lightfoote Go to last post
2 468
OUTLOOK pst breakout of mail, calendar, contacts, etc? by Dave Shrader
I have a .pst that runs through repair OK but still does not give me the contact info that was there previously. It is virtually the same size so I am sure that the contact info is there somewhere. Is there a separate program that will disect the folder or files inside the .pst into it parts (contacts, calendar, email, etc...) similar to unzip or something like that?
October 12th 06 02:56 AM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
1 519
Read Mail Icon by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista General and Vista Windows Mail via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) Harry Sherman wrote: I added a "Read Mail" icon to the IE-7 toolbar. (Vista RC-1, Build 5600) Clicking it opens Mail, but it is minimized with a blinking orange entry on taskbar. Clicking it opens Mail full screen. Before I submit a bug report, need...
October 12th 06 10:45 AM
by Harry Sherman Go to last post
1 492
Read Mail Icon in IE-7 by Harry Sherman
I added a "Read Mail" icon to the IE-7 toolbar. (RC-1, Build 5600) Clicking it opens Mail, but it is minimized with a blinking orange entry on taskbar. Clicking it opens Mail full screen. Before I submit a bug report, need to know if there is some setting that I'm missing
October 12th 06 10:46 AM
by Harry Sherman Go to last post

From The