Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can't Print Draft in Vista Email by John Lane
Is it operating correctly that I can't print a draft document in Vista Email? Thanks.
June 4th 08 06:45 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 495
How to archive mails to reduce storage space? by Freeman
Can anyone advice me on how to archieve your old mails for storage? Lotus Notes has this function that can take the mails into archieve so as to reduce the usage space from your provider. Tks a mill.
June 4th 08 04:50 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 276
windows mail contact by vijay
Hi, I need to use windows mail contact( ICantact interface ) to get all the contacts details. I can easily get the Name Collections. I query the IContactProperties interface using IContact interface. Using IContactProperties interface i get all the name and email address. How to get phone number like CONTACTLABEL_PUB_VOICE,
June 4th 08 04:26 AM
by vijay Go to last post
0 258
Same Error as on May 22 by dframz
An unknown error has occurred. Account: ', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 I had the same trouble back on May 22 that I'm having now. I run my business emails thru Windows Mail, none of my setting have been changed all the suggestions I got on May 22 did not work after 2 days it just started working...
June 4th 08 03:46 AM
by fuzor_silverbolt[_29_] Go to last post
2 364
Hyperlinks not working by Richard Parlor
Me being new to Vista. In my windows mail emails. I can't seem to use any of the hyperlinks in received messages(i.e replying to newsgroup messages etc). Is this supposed to happen? I read somewhere that it doesn't support hyperlinks in based email in received messages. Is there a work around or do I just live with it? Any ideas would be welcomed
June 4th 08 03:42 AM
by Tony53 Go to last post
7 235
Unable to send pictures through windows photo gallery by Gary VanderMolen
To follow up on this, what did you click on just before that error message came up? -- Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP "Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message news:... If it says "Windows Mail..." then you are not running Windows Live Mail. To make sure, go to its Help, About... screen.
June 4th 08 03:30 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
0 319
Unable to send emails by Pauline[_2_]
We just purchased a new computer with Vista and are using Windows Mail. We are unable to send email. Our internet provider claims it is not their system and we have been told our computer settings are set properly. When we send an email, the error message we get is generated by Norton that says "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include...
June 4th 08 03:24 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
9 456
Shares Office for lease in Vietnam by Viet Nam
Hi everybody, I am from Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam... Our group will lauch Shared office-Virtual Office in this July (Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam)... Please contact us if you need to lease office to start your business in Viet Nam... For more information, please click here : http://www.fimexco-office.com/english.html
June 4th 08 03:09 AM
by Viet Nam Go to last post
0 317
Help! I am new to Windows Mail and I can no longer send messages by jerseymomma
since I installed a router.... this message appears when I try to send a message: The host 'smtp.optonline.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Fw: A recipe from Betty Crocker', Account: 'Mica's Mail', Server: 'smtp.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
June 4th 08 02:24 AM
by jerseymomma Go to last post
2 285
keyboard by Paddi
What have I pressed that has now turned my '?' key into an E? Using Vista. How do I change it back? lol
June 4th 08 01:36 AM
by Paddi Go to last post
1 251
keyboard by Paddi
Why has my '?' turned into an E when I type? What did I press (without knowledge) and how do I correct this? Help! lol
June 4th 08 01:34 AM
by Paddi Go to last post
2 272
windows mail by leo
i have a message stuck in my send folder that i can't send or delete and that causes that no other messages can be sent... i receive mails but cannot send any before i can delete that message...what shoud i do?
June 4th 08 12:49 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 250
DEP and Windows Mail/Live mail by Derek[_7_]
Strange things happing with my Windows Mail program, Windows Live does the same. When I use Tools-Accounts in the Mail program and select any account properties, as soon as I click the servers tab DEP closes down the mail program. The same happens if I try to add a new mail account. All the other tabs in the account properties will open fine, it's just the servers tab. I downloaded Windows...
June 3rd 08 09:53 PM
by Derek[_7_] Go to last post
2 262
How do I import Contacts from Outlook in XP? by Ken[_13_]
Can anyone tell me how to transfer my Outlook contacts from my old XP computer to Windows Contacts on my new Vista computer? The Contacts file that I created from Outlook is a PST file and this does not seem to be readable by anything on my new Vista computer. Outlook does not seem to give me an option of exporting to a comma or tab delimited file, which Vista Mail gives as a possible...
June 3rd 08 09:01 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 270
adress book by Stefg
I have a large adress book imported from outloo express. In my preferences I have enabeled the tag for automaticly complete names. Funny enough in windows mail only the names I have used previously are completed not the namens in the adress book that I have used in outlooexpress but never used in windows mail. I use the same adress boo in hotmail and there it works perfectly. Anyone have a...
June 3rd 08 08:51 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 267
Import ALL Messages. by JC
Using WM. When I first opened it, it seemed to import all messages\folders from my Archive folder (created in OL 2002), and that's cool. Now I want to import all other (current) Messages\Folders. I can't Export from OL 2002 to OE format (which seems to be the way to import into WM), because OE format is not available when exporting. Ay ideas would be appreciated. Thanks JC
June 3rd 08 08:37 PM
by JC Go to last post
5 304
:) by Arman Fahimi
salam elnaz khubi? rasti 4rom brendel va 21 langlang tu musikvereinssal kosert dare 13omam kissin tu konzerthaus dare
June 3rd 08 08:01 PM
by Arman Fahimi Go to last post
0 491
Migrate Outlook Express to Windows Mail in Vista by John Hale
I am unable to migrate my folder structures, and messages to windows mail. I have pointed to the directory that has all of the MDX files, however it says no messages can be found in this folder. I am not sure what is missing. I look at outlook 6 on the old computer and it opens fine and has several folders that have been created. When I attempt the migration I make sure that OE6 is...
June 3rd 08 07:33 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 273
mailto not trusted even when click from trusted site with IE7 & Vi by Eric
Adding a cross-post. "Eric" wrote: Here is the scenario: To ensure ActiveX and such all function properly for our extranet users, we have them add our sites to their list of Trusted Sites. IE7 with Vista sets Protected Mode to On for the Internet zone and sets Protected Mode to Off for any sites within the Trusted Sites zone. Just as always, when you click on a
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 08 06:01 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
11 384
voiture by Damien Bonnet
slt ces dam
June 3rd 08 05:37 PM