Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
confused??? by Tisha S.
I can't seem to figure out my windows email system. it asks for sever numbers and such??? if any one knows how to do it then let me know.
March 5th 10 03:23 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
2 299
hi by mac
"Tisha S." wrote in message ... confused??? See my reply to your later post. --
March 5th 10 03:04 PM
by mac Go to last post
0 301
Vista's Contacts not working by Bijan[_2_]
Hi, I tried using a tweak to move my "user files" folder's to "my documents" folder left from the XP OS which was on another partition on my hard drive, it didn't work well so I reversed everything. Now every time I click on "contacts", the "my documents" folder opens up which now shows as a shortcut in my Vista's "user files". My Contacts folder (which is empty) is still in the "user files"...
March 5th 10 01:13 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
4 306
after vacation most subscription type emails no longer come in by curiousBARB
ike so many of us - I have usually been overwhelmed with spam,junk and sometimes email lists I have signed up for. It has not been unheard of for me to get over 100 emails after a one days absence of checking email. Just returned from a 9 day vacation and was surprised to find only a handful of emails. Test emails to myself come through just fine. Had my husband as well as a friend send me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 4th 10 10:54 PM
by Charles [email protected] Go to last post
11 555
Trouble linking Windows Mail & AOL by Niki N
I am trying to send a msg on Craig's List... when I reply to a vendor, I receive a prompt to utilize Windows Mail automatically. When I tried to set up an account on Windows Mail using an AOL address thru IMAP, I got the error below. I have "My server reqrs authentication" checked in properties and I am using "587" as my outgoing smtp port and "143" as incoming imap port. I can see my AOL...
March 4th 10 09:58 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 291
links do not work by Jean
I recently switched to Verizon after being with Comcast for a zillion years and now when I click on a link in my email it does not work unless I am already on the internet. This is annoying and hopefully it can be fixed. Verizon does not supply much help on the website and so far I don't like their email and would rather continue using Windows Mail if I can fix this. It probably happened...
March 4th 10 09:50 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 276
AMOR by larissa
OI TB COM VC
March 4th 10 07:12 PM
by larissa Go to last post
0 242
Email won't send-Error message ox800cccoe by Martin
I am having a problem with my emails not sending. I get this message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Any suggestions? I have McAfee AV.
March 4th 10 07:07 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
4 300
All my account information disappeared so I can send or receive Ma by Rick Lathrop[_2_]
I have tried to re-enter the account information but I keep getting an error message,"An error occured while reading the new account information. No changes have been made." I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and figured it out. I know it has to be something on the computer because Internet Explorer will not let me read mail on the website either. I have to use Firefox.
March 4th 10 07:06 PM
by Rick Lathrop[_2_] Go to last post
0 286
Windows Mail by ldnp6
My Windows Live Mail will not open, so I tried to switch over and start Windows Mail instead and add my 3 email accounts. None of them will download emails or send. I keep getting this error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I do not...
March 4th 10 04:52 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
3 272
hello by ayad
hi I'm traying to setup account with outlook but I have no Idia about it can you help me to setup the account . another thing tryig to send fill from microsoft to some one but i could't send thank you.
March 4th 10 04:50 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
2 359
Suspected Windows Mail Corruption by Lloyd
I was using windows mail very successfully for the last 4 months and had no problems. Then a week ago I generated a group of 35 different mails under a name and tried to send a normal e-mail to these 35 different people. Windows mail would not let me. it came up with an error. I checked with my internet and e-mail provider (Comcast) and confirmed all server settings in windows mail were...
March 4th 10 02:14 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
6 276
windows mail by locking windows mail pgw
keeps freezing ... have to close any open emails and close indows mail down and restart it it then lasts about half an hour before repeatinh the saga! any ideas anyone?
March 4th 10 02:10 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 274
Disappearing outbox email! by Sparhawk[_2_]
I find that when I have a message in the outbox and the message is no longer "unread," it disappears regardless of whether it was sent! I believe this is the cause for two current problems: 1. everytime I close Windows Mail, I receive the message "You have unsent messages in your Outbox. Do you want to send them now?" Of course I always click "yes," but the truth is there are no messages...
March 4th 10 02:05 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 296
Cant send mail by April
I always use my msn account for msn mail. How can I use this with windows live mail. -- April
March 4th 10 02:04 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 276
cannot send or receive emails... by 806608
I'm setting up an email account on a notebook & I keep getting this message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'home office', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help.
March 4th 10 02:03 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 300
email after dec.2009 by tracy
all new messages sent to me after jan1 2010 will not download. pop3 server is not responding or something . i have windows mail.
March 4th 10 01:50 AM
by slk759 Go to last post
3 262
pop3 server by rh4487
whenever i open windows mail it asks me to verify my pop3 username and password. when i do and click ok, the request box just goes off and comes back on again with the same request. i have checked with my ISP and i am using the right details, any help?
March 4th 10 01:44 AM
by slk759 Go to last post
5 300
Unable to send message from outbox by dct
Using Windows vista states message could not be displayed experienced an unexpected problem.
March 4th 10 01:40 AM
by slk759 Go to last post
7 486
No "Edit Source" Option in Windows Mail by Stojan Doncevski
When I click "View" while composing a new e-mail message in windows mail the only three options that I get a - Cc and Bc - Status bar - Customize toolbar there is no "Edit source" option. What could be the problem? Does Windows Mail have this feature at all?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 4th 10 01:06 AM
by carlea Go to last post

From The