Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Contacts will not open by Alessia
When I click on the Contacts icon on my Windows Mail, I get this error message: Winmail.exe Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. What does that mean? This is my personal computer. I cannot access any of my contacts because of this error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in...
May 2nd 08 12:38 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 363
Oi!!!! isa by Isadora Magalhães
De: "Pat" Assunto: Windows Mail Lockup Data: quinta-feira, 1 de maio de 2008 19:56 I was replying to a Windows Mail message when the computer locked up. After rebooting all the messages are still there but when I try to open them "Message cannot be found. The contents of this message cannot be found. Windows Mail " appears on all of the new messages. When I try...
May 2nd 08 12:08 AM
by Isadora Magalhães Go to last post
0 265
Pièces jointes by chrisupdtebva
Depuis une semaine, certaines pièces jointes aux courriels reçus ne s'ouvrent plus directement au départ de Windows Mail. Il s'agit, pour l'instant, exclusivement des pièces ".doc" et ".xls". Le message reçu est "Aucun programme n'est associé Ã* ce fichier... etc", or ce n'est pas le cas : l'association définie dans le Panneau de Configuration est exacte : ".doc" = Word. D'ailleurs,...
May 1st 08 09:44 PM
by chrisupdtebva Go to last post
0 321
difficultés de configuration de windows mail by Mme Ernoul
bonsoir à tous, jai un pb: je suin incapable confiurer windows mail. Jusqu'à présent, je me connectais sur mon serveur, et j'y laissais le courrier, etrant et j'envoyais les réponses par le serveur uniquement; C'est complètement idiot mais c'est comme ça... Je fonctionne avec deux PC: A) un PC de bureau recent avec windows XP familiale, B) un portable avec vista version basic. Les deux...
May 1st 08 09:08 PM
by Mme Ernoul Go to last post
0 284
encryption by mike_XP_Vista
Is there a link or tutorial to explain email encryption in Vista Ultimate Windows Mail? I read somewhere you can encrypt email, but can't see how you do that. My computer hasn't arrived yet so I am trying to get ahead of the curve here. Thank you, Mike
May 1st 08 07:59 PM
by mike_XP_Vista Go to last post
0 285
contacts in windows mail by g4now
I used to have outlook express, and when i wanted to send mail to Tim i could type T and the rest of the name would appear as long as tim was in my contacts. but now in windows vista, when i put Tim in my contacts it auto completes his address not his name so.....if tims address is typing in his name helps me none....
May 1st 08 07:39 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 381
sending receiving email msgs by Karen
I have hotmail and yahoo accts. When i try to email a question to different sites a msg says that it doesnt support http accts and suggested downloading windows live. I did. The wizard does not continue to let me set up a new acct so i cannot send or receive msgs to certain sites. what do i do?
May 1st 08 07:36 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 327
Need to put back "spelling" into Outlook Express by PA Bear [MS MVP]
You have Windows Mail now, not OE. See http://www.vistaarticles.com/articles/346/1/ or http://vistasupport.mvps.org/enabling_spellchecker_in_windows_mail.htm -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
May 1st 08 07:05 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
0 340
Windows Mail - Folders showing un-read mail but there isn't any! by Paul Zimmo
I'm having a small problem on Windows Mail - Admittedly it is just annoying rather than effecting the running of the program, but here goes! You recevie new mail, goes into Inbox. Inbox Folder shows '(1)' signifiying that there is one unread message in that folder. After you have 'read' that message the alert next to the folder does not refresh and continues to show that there is (1)...
May 1st 08 07:03 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 292
Problems with windows mail by Bianca Zamin
Hello, I`m using the windows mail to recieved my e-mails from yahoo. I tried to configured, but doens`t work. Always I recieved this message: Subject 'oi', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.br', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com.br', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 8BITMIME', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D I don`t have ideia what I need to do. I already...
May 1st 08 07:01 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 469
capitalization by Jeff
I was wondering if Windows Mail has a feature that will automatically capitalize the first letter of each sentence as you type, and for common names, such as Jeff, New York, etc. I have used this feature on Outlook and in Office and I found it to be really handy. I have a new PC now, and am using Windows Mail instead of Outlook, and am looking for this feature but cannot find it. Any...
May 1st 08 06:21 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 276
Problème pour envoyer mails by MR[_2_]
Bonjour, J'ai des difficultés pour envoyer des emails. Une fenêtre "sécurité Windows" apparait me demandant de vérifier si le nom d'utilisateur et le mot de passe sont corrects pour mon serveur de messagerie. Pouvez vous m'aider svp? -- Marina Rosso tel: 03 27 81 96 03 Portable: 06 17 35 44 73
May 1st 08 06:06 PM
by MR[_2_] Go to last post
0 314
Problème pour envoyer mails by MR[_2_]
Bonjour, Je ne peux plus envoyer d'emails . J'ai une fenêtre "sécurité windows" qui apparaît me demandant de vérifier si le nom d'utilisateur et le mot de passe sont corrects pour mon serveur de messagerie. Que dois je faire? Merci -- Marina Rosso
May 1st 08 05:50 PM
by MR[_2_] Go to last post
0 313
Messages not visible by Lindsay Graham
I'm a new WM user, still getting used to it, and can't figure out a message visibility issue. If I have View Current View set to Show All Messages (with nothing else ticked), all messages in my Inbox appear to be there. If I tick Group Messages by Conversation, all or most (yes, it varies, apparently arbitrarily) of the messages in a longish thread disappear from view. I've tried...
May 1st 08 04:28 PM
by Udo Go to last post
8 346
Cannot open attachments by CHRISTINA
Vista user - Mozilla Internet I have been reading all the messages from other who cannot open any attachment in Windows Mail. I have also tried all the suggestions but so far nothings is working for me. It doesn't seem to matter the extension (.jpeg, .htm, .wmv, .gif) none of them open. My screen fades out and I get "windows not responding" and have to close the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 08 02:50 PM
by nandito Go to last post
11 717
Multiple Messages by Sidney Jordan
For some unknown (to Me) reason when I send out a single email message the recipient gets anywhere form 10-15 copies of the same email. This just started to happen recently. Was thinking of deleting windows mail (Vista) and reloading it but cant figure out where it is to delete. sure could use some help on this one. Thanks -- Sidney J
May 1st 08 12:26 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
7 375
win mail sends mail only after restart (+other crazy stuff) by alvagram
Hi, Just bought a new Toshiba A210 laptop running Vista. After composing a message in windows mail, when I press the Send button nothing hapens (note: the "send messages immediately" option IS checked). It gets stucked in the Outbox and is only sent if I close and restart WM. Also : the unread messages count (e.g (2)) in the folders list on the left is usually wrong, indicating read messages...
May 1st 08 12:22 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
6 356
recovered email in windows mail by max-w
imported to i have a pavillion dv9208 running vista (which runs like a snail) but i have a snag with windows mail. Every day the mail account tries to recover every email on our account (40000) then just starts again. In the folder list it appears as recovered messages 04-30-2008 21-21-08 local folders imported to Fo random numbers then each file is...
May 1st 08 12:16 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 373
Compacting database on shutdown of vista windows mail by Judy
When I shut down the mail I am asked if I want to compact the database and when I click on ok, it tells me it is being used by another program. I am concerned that if it cannot be cleaned up that windows mail will become bogged down and not work. I have no other programs open when this happens. Does anyone have a solution please? Thankyou.
May 1st 08 12:15 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 371
Problem with '#' in link by Ronald C.
Whenever I click on a link with a '#' in it within Window Mail, somehow the part after the '#' gets cut off. So: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.1.2 bevomes: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html This does not happen within Thunderbird, so my best guess is that Windows
May 1st 08 12:13 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post

From The