Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
whats wrong with this program? by Linea Recta
I keep having the problem of missing replies in different newsgroups in Vista mail. (I do get the replies normally on my PC with Outlook Express). By resetting the group in Vista Mail I can fix replies back, but... do I have to keep resetting groups now just to be able to follow a thread??? -- regards,
February 25th 10 01:08 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
5 361
servers by Tarra
New to this what is my incoming and out going mail server address I can't send an email with attachments.
February 25th 10 01:07 AM
by slk759 Go to last post
3 364
Outgoing Mail - Double Messages Sent by Rod
Whenever I send out email, the prompt at the bottom right of my screen says "Connecting", then "Sending mail ...". It then immediately repeats the process. The recipient always receives two copies of my email. I am not a sophisticated user. I probably just have a simple setting wrong, but I do not believe I changed anything from the initial default settings. I am using Windows Vista Home...
February 25th 10 12:14 AM
by mac Go to last post
2 327
can't recieve mail by francisco
i looked at all the tip but can't get fix i changed from 995 to 110 the secure paasword auth. is not enabled i need help pls..
February 24th 10 10:18 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
3 284
WinMail Could not be started 0x800C0155,2 error by Lulu[_2_]
error message is: Win Mail could not be started 0x800C0155,2 MSOE.DLL could not be initiated I am unable to open an email from websites (contact us or email link). I get the error msg above. It seems this started when updates to Vista were downloaded. Don't know which ones. It may also be related to Adobe Reader updates, since I seem to be having problems with opening a
February 24th 10 09:58 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
9 523
Windows Mail recovering messages by Therealdaddydo
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings?
February 24th 10 07:05 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 282
Re; new account-repeated password requests by Fate
Well, we're back to square one, entered info as directed (what I thought was correct to begin with) and still get the same request for U.Name and P.Word. cancel that and I get: Account: 'postoffice.worldnet.att.net (3)', Server: 'postoffice.worldnet.att.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR login failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:...
February 24th 10 07:00 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 340
Opening .pdf file attachments by Bob
When I attempt to open .pdf file attachments I get the following: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel. I have Abode Reader 9. I don't know how to do this. Where is the Set Associations control panel?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 10 06:55 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
13 574
Kan ikke slette mail fra indbakke by Kristian Klinkby
Hej, hjælp mig med at slette mail fra Indbakke. Jeg har 1 mail, der ikke vil slettes et popup vindue meddeler: "Der er opstået en ukendt fejl" Gerne svar på Dansk. Tak!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 10 06:54 PM
by Kan ikke slaette mails fra min slettet p Go to last post
15 542
800c0148 error by áÎÄÒÅÊ
Hello I am got new Toshiba notebook with Vista Home Premium and when I browse local provider news server i often get 800c0148 error and after that Windows Mail not work properly. No news messages, no mail folders and the not enought memory error there are. I get good working program only after manualy kill WinMail process in task manager.
February 24th 10 06:46 PM
by áÎÄÒÅÊ Go to last post
7 365
registering by chrismax
I have given my internet carrier's domain name of comcast.net. I no longer use smartfella.com. what do I need to do.
February 24th 10 05:55 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 247
server name wrong by Mrs Eee
I have just opened a new account with gmail.com so I can send photos via windows mail, but I mistakenly put googlemail.com when filling in the account info and now all I get is a message saying that googlemail.com cannot be found. How do I change it?
February 24th 10 03:08 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 269
Winmail linked to aol by AL
Using aol/winmail link for years. This week stopped showing sent mail and seems like slowing down considerably.
February 24th 10 02:29 PM
by AL Go to last post
0 226
Multiple Error Messages with Window Mail by mbdk
Last night, Feb. 22, 2010, I was unable to get into my windows email account and I got this message: your imap could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system. This morning I got into windows email but now I get this message: your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this...
February 24th 10 12:46 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 252
Printing in Windows Mail Vista switches to Browser etc by linda
I have checked all printer settings, checked settings in IE8 and Win/Mail. There seems to be a problem when printing in WinMail, when I print a message my email window flip flops over to another window, ie8 or excel which ever it chooses. My other email program does not do this, when printing a message with the other program I hit Ctrl P and the email stays there. WinMail I hit the same...
February 24th 10 12:42 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 257
An unknown error has occurred by Karen D
Delete file full; I expect an answer when I click get help to tell me how to fix it not the same questions I have from 2007. Why wont the delete file empty?\ Just fix it
February 24th 10 12:41 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 298
new account-repeated password requests by Fate
Thanks for your response. I've tried your suggestions to no avail. Same results only it says "securing" before "authorizing" then back to the window asking for U.Name and Password, cancel that and I get: Account: 'ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net', Server: 'ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR login failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,...
February 24th 10 04:43 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 318
I cannot send e-mails. I get this by Marna L'Esperance
The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject '', Account: 'POP3 (3)', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
February 24th 10 02:56 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 313
lost, indeed by Frank David
Hi I am trying to set up this e-mail account on micro soft could some one please help me my regular address is I would like to use this address for applications and resumes cover letters etc. Ive ben told, I need a more formal e mail address I probably dont want to write this on news groups but as you can see Im a bit lost is their a place to sighn in and out with a...
February 24th 10 12:45 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 354
Windows Mail by Nancyjean
I have three hundred emails coming in , it downloads eighty eight of them and then stops and don't do anymore.. Whats wrong with the email. send answer to 't been able to get email for several days...Thank you sooooooooo much... for any help you can give me.... -- Nancyjean
February 23rd 10 10:51 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post

From The